TUTV+ Box stability getting beyond a joke.

NightdeamonNightdeamon Posts: 3,806
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi Everyone

My patience is being tested by this box becuase it is frequently crashing and locking up when it is in standby. I have tried everything from formatting the hard disk drive, doing factory resets to not leaving it on standby but yet it still fails. Im getting missed recordings on several occasions. I like the rest of you are sill awaiting the long awaited softare release which should address these problems and more. I do not subscribe but going by this thread i should hope you see why. I am seriously considering buying new equipment until the problems are fixed.

:mad:

Comments

• NightdeamonNightdeamon Posts: 3,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Again

I had to purchase a cheap freeview box today to guarentee a watchable DTT service, Today the box has frozen 3 times in the morning and frankly i have become sick and tired of it. I went to ASDA and brought a Pacific PGSTB01 and now all is well.

:mad::mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 413
    Forum Member
    mine has been on standby for a week and everything has downloaded ok. I was suprised myself, i expected some messages when i turned it on.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mine has been on standby for a week and everything has downloaded ok. I was suprised myself, i expected some messages when i turned it on.

If my box was yours it would problary lockup in stanby by within an hour and you get millions of missed recordings messages.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Standby is pointless on this box since it does not use any less power, it just switches off the video output.

I think this box is very sensitive to glitches in the transmitted signal, it does not deal with them at all well.

I tried my anti-inteference mains extension lead that I used with my computer and things improved quite a bit, not worth buying especially though.

It's still rubbish however.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,252
    Forum Member
    Standby is pointless on this box since it does not use any less power, it just switches off the video output.
    Not true!

It changes the light from green to red too.:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 230
    Forum Member
    lstar337 wrote: »
    Not true!

It changes the light from green to red too.:D

It most likely switches on TUTVs new Anti-Crash feature :D;)

Since I had my replacement TUTV box, I have found that it crashes more than ever, usually if you are on the EPG when it is updating.

Also when I try to record UKTV Gold, as I still subscribe at the moment.

Although it now has a 98%Free HD to play with!

Regards

Jamie
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 260
    Forum Member
    Hi Again

I had to purchase a cheap freeview box today to guarentee a watchable DTT service, Today the box has frozen 3 times in the morning and frankly i have become sick and tired of it. I went to ASDA and brought a Pacific PGSTB01 and now all is well.

:mad::mad:

Sounds like goods are not fit for purpose thus a breach of contract.

I suggest you email them stating what you've had to do and see how they respond. If they don't resolve things to your satisfaction you'll be able to cancel your contract and return the box.

I'd also suggest you actually document some of the faults - perhaps take a photo of several of the errors/failures or something so you have proof.

edit - also have you considered Virgin's free tv service? - you can get that with your phone line.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    N00N00 wrote: »
    Sounds like goods are not fit for purpose thus a breach of contract.

I suggest you email them stating what you've had to do and see how they respond. If they don't resolve things to your satisfaction you'll be able to cancel your contract and return the box.

I'd also suggest you actually document some of the faults - perhaps take a photo of several of the errors/failures or something so you have proof.

edit - also have you considered Virgin's free tv service? - you can get that with your phone line.

Thanks for the info but im not a current subscriber because after the first month i decided it wasnt worth paying £9.99 for the little i watched. Besides the box is a year old this month so maybe the warrenty is void or something.

I am missing the ablility to record and will be more than happy to reconnect the box when decent software comes along. At the moment my freeview box that I am using is connected to an old VCR enabling me to record i had to figure out the timers but at least the fast forward and rewind functions as it should