Jack Taylor: 9pm Channel 5

Comments

• SilvioDanteSilvioDante Posts: 2,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very average drama. What a ludicrous ending though,with the Superintendent kicking the murderer and weapon into the water, and some of the acting was poor. I'll tune in next week, see if it improves, maybe.
  • pzboyzpzboyz Posts: 515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haven't watched yet, but I know Series Link is not working for me on this program.
  • Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nora Jane Noone's eyebrows are very distracting .
  • j'aimelatelej'aimelatele Posts: 557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Each to their own I suppose, would be a boring world if we were all the same. Channel 5 is the channel I watch the most as it offers something different and I am a big fan of us crime drama and series like extraordinary people. They do show some rubbish but every single channel is guilty of that.

Coudnt agree more..'channel 5 is the channel I watch the most because of the US series...as said every channel shows some rubbish at some point, thats why we can zap and make a choice.. Havent said that I watch a bit of Jack Taylor but didnt like too much...
  • suesuesuesuesuesue Posts: 16,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As did I, can't see any sign of a repeat on Chanel 5's schedules either :(
    Odd isnt it? Thought 5 usually repeated the life out of their shows whether on the main channel or 5* so surprised that a search only found the 1 showing. Also it was only offered as a one off not series link on my PVR.
  • millysshawmillysshaw Posts: 2,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tellygirl wrote: »
    Must have had a senior moment as I thought it was on tonight and missed it. Looking at 5 on demand it's not available.

Anyone know if it's repeated on 5usa or anywhere before next week's? (Couldn't find anything searching on radio times site)

Just gone onto demand five and it is available now for 13 days. If you put Jack Taylor into the search engine it comes up.
  • BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,663
    Forum Member
    It's here: http://www.channel5.com/shows/jack-taylor-the-guards/episodes/jack-taylor-the-guards

I guess series link isn't working because each of the three feature-length episodes has a different name. Last night's was The Guards, next week The Pikemen Murders and finally Magdalene Martyrs.

I enjoyed last night's opener. Bit cliched in parts but watchable. I do rate Iain Glen.
  • AZZURRI 06AZZURRI 06 Posts: 11,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Excuse my ignorance but I thought this was about the man who refereed the 1974 World Cup Final. And awarded a penalty. And booked Johann Cruyff at half time.
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Given the quality of many dramas on TV these days, I thought this was watchable.
  • Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I missed this. Sounds watchable, will catch it on iPlayer.
  • Sifter22Sifter22 Posts: 12,055
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was okay, it got a bit boring in the middle and the end wasn't all that great. A weak plot really, especially when it came to that woman revealing who she really was.
  • Yorkshire.KingYorkshire.King Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very average drama. What a ludicrous ending though,with the Superintendent kicking the murderer and weapon into the water, and some of the acting was poor. I'll tune in next week, see if it improves, maybe.
    Sifter22 wrote: »
    It was okay, it got a bit boring in the middle and the end wasn't all that great. A weak plot really, especially when it came to that woman revealing who she really was.

Cheers you two!

Now I know what happens at the end......
  • BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,663
    Forum Member
    Well the episode has gone out so it is no longer a spoiler.
  • Yorkshire.KingYorkshire.King Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dancc wrote: »
    Well the episode has gone out so it is no longer a spoiler.

Well using that logic.......Everything is open to discussion.....including plots and outcomes for films, tv etc.....

Just because ONE person has seen it, doesn't mean EVERYONE has

There are spoiler tags for potential plot giveaways a reason
  • Sideburns57Sideburns57 Posts: 2,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not much in the way of comments here which is a surprise. We are 2 of 3 episodes down and I for one would like another series. Iain Glen acts well and has screen presence and one believes in what he is portraying.
  • chinchinchinchin Posts: 125,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    My first view tonight. Confusing and poorly written/acted or is it just me? Maybe I'm missing something? Perhaps I have come in mid story? Jack is suddenly prisoner out of the blue? Perhaps I fell asleep?

Maybe making the episode more punchy and fast paced as with American cop drama and have a 60 min episode only may have improved things? I have given up and switched off.
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,581
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So you didn't see Jack being bundled into a van?

We are quite like this and will watch the second half tomorrow. My only beef is that it has terrible sound quality. My husband's is a bit deaf - OK a lot deaf - and so we had to have the sound turned up.
  • chinchinchinchin Posts: 125,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gill P wrote: »
    So you didn't see Jack being bundled into a van?

We are quite like this and will watch the second half tomorrow. My only beef is that it has terrible sound quality. My husband's is a bit deaf - OK a lot deaf - and so we had to have the sound turned up.

Must have dozed off. Anyhow much too slow and confusing for me. Glad someone likes it though! ;)
  • davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got all these recorded on the box now - will get round to watching them soon.
  • Rosie RedRosie Red Posts: 8,446
    Forum Member
    millysshaw wrote: »
    Looking forward to this. Ian Glein is a good actor.

Not in this, he's not.

The accent is just dreadful.
  • SilvioDanteSilvioDante Posts: 2,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Abysmal is the word.
  • TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've got all these recorded on the box now - will get round to watching them soon.

I have done the same.

Did try to watch a bit of the first one last night, but found it heavy going tbh, and switched it off after half an hour. Will give it another go in case it livens up a bit later. A friend has said the best of them is the last story, so if number one doesnt grab me, may give the third a go.....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tourista wrote: »
    I have done the same.

Did try to watch a bit of the first one last night, but found it heavy going tbh, and switched it off after half an hour. Will give it another go in case it livens up a bit later. A friend has said the best of them is the last story, so if number one doesnt grab me, may give the third a go.....

The third one is definitely the best!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Absolutely brilliant series. Iain Glen is wonderful in the title role.
  • jj2jj2 Posts: 4,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i watched it tonight and last sunday night on TV3 loved it. Killian Scott as the side kick looks much younger in this than he dose in Love/Hate. Here he is having a very bad day in Love/Hate http://youtu.be/XQR3IuA1gzc