Could Jesus Christ actualyr have been Dr Who?

dervishdervish Posts: 1,107
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just a thought and I do not want to want to become blaspehmous but :

we do know Time Lords meddle in other cultures pasts and presents and other worlds timelines.

We know that the Time Lord planet has no PRIME driective that they sensibly have in Star Trek.

We know that Dr Who can regenerate and be reborn again (like Jesus did)

We know that Dr Who always gets caught by yhr authorities on foreign planets when he is meddling in their affairs (Jesus was nabbed by Roman administors)

We know that future technology and medicines can seem like miracle cures to backwards civilisations (Giving someone a tablet so they can "RESSURECT themselves - Lazarus) MAYBE EVEN LAZARUS WAS ANOTHER TIME AGENT REgenreating????

We know that Dr Who preaches love and abidance more than war and justice (Jesus asked everyone to turn the other cheek instead of fighting back - this annoyed the Jewish folk who wanted the Romans out of their land...)

We know that primitive folks worship alien visitors - this has happened in at least 15 Dr Who stories.

We know that Dr Who has a real name that he refuses to name to people. Maybe in his first adventure after flofting rthe Tardis he used a false name Jesus Christ when on Earth in Biblical times? He has also used flase names in several other adventures - Magister, John Smith, Thorncroft etc

``~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All lin all....

Could Christinality be based on Dr Who.?

Comments

• Ultra MagnusUltra Magnus Posts: 2,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ladies and Gentlemen...I present to you the new 'Should Star Trek Be More About Ghosts' thread.

Brilliant stuff Dervish - you've knocked it out of the park this time!

And in answer to your question...I doubt that Christianity is based on Dr Who. If anything religion tends to be less believable.
  • clacclac Posts: 476
    Forum Member
    LOL love it :)
  • unbiasedunbiased Posts: 725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    we will all miss this after youve watched your last ever episode next week
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 143
    Forum Member
    everyone knows the Doctor is Merlin.
  • Rugby manRugby man Posts: 10,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is poor in you're standards, devrish.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 73
    Forum Member
    are you suggesting the Doctor is jesus?

still, it would be fun :D seeing every one moan, all though saying that i do believe in god .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What the Doctor is God! you all know it!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dervish wrote: »

we do know Time Lords meddle in other cultures pasts and presents and other worlds timelines.

We know that the Time Lord planet has no PRIME driective that they sensibly have in Star Trek.

We know that Dr Who always gets caught by yhr authorities on foreign planets when he is meddling in their affairs (Jesus was nabbed by Roman administors)

We know that future technology and medicines can seem like miracle cures to backwards civilisations (Giving someone a tablet so they can "RESSURECT themselves - Lazarus) MAYBE EVEN LAZARUS WAS ANOTHER TIME AGENT REgenreating????

We know that Dr Who preaches love and abidance more than war and justice (Jesus asked everyone to turn the other cheek instead of fighting back - this annoyed the Jewish folk who wanted the Romans out of their land...)

We know that primitive folks worship alien visitors - this has happened in at least 15 Dr Who stories.

We know that Dr Who has a real name that he refuses to name to people. Maybe in his first adventure after flofting rthe Tardis he used a false name Jesus Christ when on Earth in Biblical times? He has also used flase names in several other adventures - Magister, John Smith, Thorncroft etc

All lin all....

Actually, i have been thinking about this recently - that Jesus was actually a time lord.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 247
    Forum Member
    I thought Jesus was an astronaut ;) I could be wrong.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oddly enough, if I had the power to travel in time the crucifixion would be my no.1 destination. would be interesting to see if a). He actually existed and, b). What really happened...
  • bingomanbingoman Posts: 23,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So if he is a time lord? why has he not returned to this time then?:confused:
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heh. I remember Alan Moore tried to write Jesus into Swamp Thing and DC comics freaked out and told him he couldn't. It's a touchy subject.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JCR wrote: »
    Heh. I remember Alan Moore tried to write Jesus into Swamp Thing and DC comics freaked out and told him he couldn't. It's a touchy subject.

Yeah, interesting isn't it. Some historical/mythic characters you can pretty much do what you want with and others you can't touch. Don't see anyone standing up to defend say, Henry the 8th, Julius Caesar and Cleopatra from the liberties taken with their stories.?
    At least with they provably existed!
  • Pete CallanPete Callan Posts: 24,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love that :D

Hint hint RTD, Christmas Special 2008 ;)

God squad would probably whinge about it though.
  • Claires_dadClaires_dad Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    I don't know about Jesus but Father Christmas is definitely a Time Lord, how else would he get right around the world in one night? :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,193
    Forum Member
    Don't know about JC = TL but it's certain that ET = JC, just with a better phone
  • FriendlyGoatFriendlyGoat Posts: 4,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would love to see an episode where Doctor Who turns out to be Christ.

Imagine all the sensitive religious nutters getting up in arms about that! How I would laugh.
  • Ulysses31Ulysses31 Posts: 4,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dervish wrote: »

All lin all....

Another take on this question, could Jesus have been the first incarnation of 'The One' from 'The Matrix' mythos

If he was able to bend the Universe to his will, performing miracles, walking on water, etc could he have become the first human to unplug himself, and re-enter the matrix?

Maybe the Romans, and Pharisees were merely early agents, sent in to ensure he makes his way ultimately to 'The Architect'

I should leave this train of thought, as I have been busy defending people's religious beliefs in the GD forum...:)

EDIT: LOL By sheer coincidence, 'The Greatest Story ever Told' is on TV right now, and John the Baptist has just declared that Jesus is 'The One'
  • trollfacetrollface Posts: 13,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, I'm actually going to take the thread seriously. I don't care what the intentions of dervish may or may not be, this is an interesting question. I mean, the answer is "no", but the reasons why it's "no", and in which small ways it isn't are quite interesting.

Okay, first and foremost, we're not short on Jesus imagery in the series. The most blatant is Paul McGann in his one on-screen outing as the Doctor. From the shroud after the Regeneration to the crown of thorns at the end, McGann's Doctor is definitely doing his bit to ape Jesus. You can even take the "half-human on my mother's side" thing to be a nod to JC, if you like. And, of course, the modern series loves pushing the Doctor as the "lonely God" and giving him Tinkerbell-like messianistic abilities and scenes.

It's just when you look at it practically that it becomes unlikely, if you assume that any Bible stories have any truth to them whatsoever. For a start, the First Doctor doesn't fit in to the mythology at all. Jesus would have been early 30s when he was crucified, and there's no way the First Doctor looked near that when he started travelling. It'd have to be one of the "younger" incarnations. McGann does fit rather well, again, looking like the stereotypical image of Jesus (beard aside).

More to the point, though, is the content of what Jesus said. There is no getting away from the fact that Jesus' main point that he came back to over and over again is that he was the son of God. And the Doctor wouldn't say that. Or, at least, I can't picture any circumstances under which he would. Setting someone else up to play that role? Sure, why not? But actually doing it himself? Can't see it being his style.

And, of course, the reasoning that Jesus could be a Time Lord and the Regeneration could be the resurrection is rather missing one salient point - Jesus looked the same when he was resurrected as he did when he died. The Doctor wouldn't.

I do find it very hard to believe that he wasn't around at the time, though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    trollface wrote: »
    Well, I'm actually going to take the thread seriously. I don't care what the intentions of dervish may or may not be, this is an interesting question. I mean, the answer is "no", but the reasons why it's "no", and in which small ways it isn't are quite interesting.

Okay, first and foremost, we're not short on Jesus imagery in the series. The most blatant is Paul McGann in his one on-screen outing as the Doctor. From the shroud after the Regeneration to the crown of thorns at the end, McGann's Doctor is definitely doing his bit to ape Jesus. You can even take the "half-human on my mother's side" thing to be a nod to JC, if you like. And, of course, the modern series loves pushing the Doctor as the "lonely God" and giving him Tinkerbell-like messianistic abilities and scenes.

It's just when you look at it practically that it becomes unlikely, if you assume that any Bible stories have any truth to them whatsoever. For a start, the First Doctor doesn't fit in to the mythology at all. Jesus would have been early 30s when he was crucified, and there's no way the First Doctor looked near that when he started travelling. It'd have to be one of the "younger" incarnations. McGann does fit rather well, again, looking like the stereotypical image of Jesus (beard aside).

More to the point, though, is the content of what Jesus said. There is no getting away from the fact that Jesus' main point that he came back to over and over again is that he was the son of God. And the Doctor wouldn't say that. Or, at least, I can't picture any circumstances under which he would. Setting someone else up to play that role? Sure, why not? But actually doing it himself? Can't see it being his style.

And, of course, the reasoning that Jesus could be a Time Lord and the Regeneration could be the resurrection is rather missing one salient point - Jesus looked the same when he was resurrected as he did when he died. The Doctor wouldn't.

I do find it very hard to believe that he wasn't around at the time, though.
    yeah but didn't people like Romana when they regenerated they looked the same before the regeneration. Jesus knew he was going to die so he could have chosen to come back looking the same. Also the Doctor is a fictional character and the only reason he comes back different is because an actor doesn't want to do it anymore - practically in real life this probably wouldn't happen.
    It ism't quite the Doctor's style but he could easily have been a timelord. Perhaps the Master as he did so want to take over - what better way to do it than saying he was the Son Of God!
  • TalmaTalma Posts: 10,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't want to be thought grumpy or spoil anyone's fun but am I the only one to find this thread just a bit offensive?
  • brumiladbrumilad Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Talma wrote: »
    I don't want to be thought grumpy or spoil anyone's fun but am I the only one to find this thread just a bit offensive?
    Then surely you must find the whole show offensive.

Afterall the very ethos of Doctor Who is science. That there is no myth or magic or gods. There is a scientific reason behind everything (albeit often dubious and ill explained). That if you believe the bible in a literal sense then Doctor Who is heresy of the highest order anyway.
  • RooksRooks Posts: 9,093
    Forum Member
    Talma wrote: »

I agree with you. I'm not religious (I used to be but that's a whole different story :) ) but I can imagine that some people could find some of the recent threads a bit offensive especially at this time of year.
    brumilad wrote:
    Afterall the very ethos of Doctor Who is science. That there is no myth or magic or gods.

Such as the episode with Satan in it :)
  • dervishdervish Posts: 1,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rooks wrote: »
    I

That episode was "the pits".

Actualyr it was good.
  • brumiladbrumilad Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rooks wrote: »
    Exactly. Spot on.

I mean the show has already suggested that the being we on Earth call the Anti-Christ is an alien force. Were you offended by that? I mean it's not all that different from suggesting Christ is an alien..is it?