Grimm Season 1 (US Pace)

Comments

• DensinoDensino Posts: 3,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just caught up with this.

I wasn't sure to begin with. Seemed a bit lacking and nothing really to hook you.

BUT there was something that kept me watching. Couldn;t watch more than one episode every couple of days, but couldn't give up on it.

Then, the last couple of episodes it kinda got good. I mean real good. I realised two things. I'm hooked. And I'm just a little bit in love with silas weir mitchell.
    It's improved greatly in the last few episodes IMO ..... I'm glad I stuck with it!

New episodes start again on Friday!! :)
  • TribecTribec Posts: 9,327
    Forum Member
    I am starting to really enjoy this end of season arc they've built up. It's going to leave us in a situation with Juliette finding out the truth, and having to make the choice of leaving or staying and helping. That's how it seems to be heading to me right now.

Still well done the writers for the slow reveal of the Captain and where he fits into the tale. We are yet to find out what or who he is and I'm sure that's a big reveal for the final couple of episodes I guess.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What was the deal with the end of the scene in Sgt Wu's apartment? It seemed to me that it was meant to mean something, given the lingering shot and the change in music, but it looked like he was just eating? :confused:
    Forum Member
    Matt D wrote: »
    What was the deal with the end of the scene in Sgt Wu's apartment? It seemed to me that it was meant to mean something, given the lingering shot and the change in music, but it looked like he was just eating? :confused:

I think it was what he was eating and how contented he looked. Was he not eating the sponge from the sofa? Though I can't see how they could "change" him if you know what I mean. Everyone seems to have been born the way they were. However, with him like that and Hale still out for the count that leaves Nick all alone and vulnerable, which I think is what they won't though I doubt those wishing to leave him that way are aware of the help from within the community he's getting.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah. I didn't notice that that was what he was eating!
  • StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Latest episode was pretty dark! Domestic violence and bent cops!!

It really is warming up to be a good series.
  • 2FS2FS Posts: 8,679
    Forum Member
    Wu was openly snacking on a paper clip in this episode, what the heck has the magic cookie done to him? :D

Nick seems to be in denial about all the attacks on him and Juliette, the last thing he should be doing is proposing to the poor woman!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ya I'm very confused over what's happening to Wu...
    ...I have a feeling, eventually, he'll want to snack on something else rather then pillow fluff and paper clips... possibly "someone" :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    looks like that b^tch Adalind gets found out next week :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdbPsWvHCEY
  • 2FS2FS Posts: 8,679
    Forum Member
    Densino wrote: »
    looks like that b^tch Adalind gets found out next week :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdbPsWvHCEY

That looks great! I can't wait :D
  • emily222emily222 Posts: 2,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think this series is good because it doesnt profess to be anything other than what it is, a comedy with a bit of mystery and those changing faces lol, and not been done before. I do look forward to it every week but too often lose interest. It could be a bit more gutsy. Last nights mouse man episode I did not like much at all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Comedy?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    emily222 wrote: »
    I think this series is good because it doesnt profess to be anything other than what it is, a comedy with a bit of mystery and those changing faces lol, and not been done before. I do look forward to it every week but too often lose interest. It could be a bit more gutsy. Last nights mouse man episode I did not like much at all.
    Comedy? Really??
    I think not..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it is very comical in many parts, ok, humorous rather/tongue in cheek, i mean who is scared when wolfmans eyes go red lol, the first episode was the best, after that it seemed to get a bit blase, the leading man seems to take it all in his stride in a shruggy kind of way iyswim

ok folks, its not a comedy, perhaps black comedy at times, dog soldiers was scary but comical too
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It has funny bits but it isn't a comedy:confused:

Still, as long as you're enjoying it:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    emily222 wrote: »
    I think it is very comical in many parts, ok, humorous rather/tongue in cheek, i mean who is scared when wolfmans eyes go red lol, the first episode was the best, after that it seemed to get a bit blase, the leading man seems to take it all in his stride in a shruggy kind of way iyswim

ok folks, its not a comedy, perhaps black comedy at times, dog soldiers was scary but comical too
    Ok fair enough, but I disagree on some points...

IMO this series started off quiet weak and has only gotten better particularly in the last half dozen episodes
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Densino wrote: »
    Ok fair enough, but I disagree on some points...

IMO this series started off quiet weak and has only gotten better particularly in the last half dozen episodes

the first episode was certainly not weak in fact they have not been able to recreate it since
  • SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just started watching Grimm and i'm up to episode 5 so far. I have to say that i'm really loving this show. :)

Personal favourite character is Eddie. He's so funny. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It gets so much better :)
    The 2nd half of the season is alot better then the first so far
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finally caught up on last weeks episode just in time for tonights "showdown"

Adalind is pissing me off but the actress is great so I kinda hope she sticks around
  • SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've managed to catch up with all the episodes that have aired so far. :)

I'm really enjoying this show! The characters are so diverse and make the show so much more interesting.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another good episode.

Not sure if I'm liking Rosalea, its a bit convenient that she has all this additional knowledge - think she'll be fine in small doses.

Getting to know a lot more about the Captain - some sort of warped 'Prince Charming' I suppose lol.

Wu was funny:D

Loved the twist with Adelind - really didn't see that coming!
  • MikeAP001MikeAP001 Posts: 1,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Roselee, as a Monroe supplement--- not as a replacement. Monroe should always be Nick's Grimmopedia Volume 1 but Roselee makes a good Volume 2. With her work as an Apothecary, she provides Nick with potential alternatives to dealing with Wessen which won’t involve beheading or other forms of death.

This would be a nice plot line: Nick come into conflict with his Grimm kindred and others who can see Wessen. I think it would be interesting to see how Nick deals with a long lost cousin who tries to handle Monroe or Roselee the old fashion way. Besides, those two Wessen might eventually show some interest in each other adding to Monroe's depth as a character.

Adalind’s fate is interesting. It’s a nice twist to an old story line in fairy tales: the Hero frees the enchanted Princess with a kiss (from an evil spirit possessing her); only, this Princess doesn’t want to be free. Now, she’s going to seek revenge... as a woman? Nick's relationship's in trouble.

As for Captain Renard? I like the idea that’s he’s some sort of twisted Prince Charming. An intelligent enemy with grander ambitions than even his allies (including his family from the old world) know, Renard means “fox” in French, I think; sort of like “zorro”, in Spanish. We know Renard’s descended from Royalty. Maybe he’s the descendant of the “Evil” Queen? Or maybe, he’s like a Grimm? There was a cycle of allegorical fables involving Reynard, the red fox, in France. Maybe that has something to do with this show?
    Forum Member
    Now we've got the second season confirmed, is the Renard story line going to be a long term one or will it terminate at the end of this season. Have I also missed something in previous episodes as to what the key opens? I can't recall that being shown.

I enjoyed the episode and it's nice to see that they carried over the Wu storyline for a few episodes. What a wierd collection of objects he'd eaten though. Let's hope there's nothing else left over in his system, though like with Hank it should be out now the witch has lost her powers.

I'm enjoying the Roselee story arc as well, though I'm not sure how long that's going to last. I can, I think see an end game story for this season, so I'm going to sit back and enjoy it and hope not to say I told you so.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good episode, although again it's been wrapped up quickly while leaving something hanging: This week - what happened at the apartment after Hank woke up and saw Monroe and Rosalie.

I don't think much of Nick's detective skills. After Wu first became ill from a Wessen love potion, at no point did Nick stop to think when and how that happened. Then, after Hank started showing signs of being obsessively in love with a Wessen, Nick still didn't figure anything out, it was up to Rosalie to realise what happened.