360 platformers

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Can anyone recommend any good platformers for the 360 used to enjoy the early crash and croc games on psone. Seems the genre is slowly dying out sadly.

Comments

• 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    In terms of 3D platformers I agree there's not much, but what is available is thankfully high quality. I recommend anything from the Banjo series, I loved the first Banjo Kazooie the most. Kameo is also excellent. Sonic generations definitely worth a look.
  • scorpionatthepcscorpionatthepc Posts: 5,371
    Forum Member
    Crash bandicoot is available on 360 but is quite rare.
  • gavo360gavo360 Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rayman origins. Quite a few 2D platformers on xbla. Splosion man, limbo, fez and many more. Xbla is where most platformers go now because there not big budget games.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Crash bandicoot is available on 360 but is quite rare.

CEX has it on their website for only 14.99
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really rather liked Alice:Madness Returns. It contains a great deal of platform action and the best thing is you can probably buy it now for next to nowt. ;)
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Jonesey wrote: »
    I really rather liked Alice:Madness Returns. It contains a great deal of platform action and the best thing is you can probably buy it now for next to nowt. ;)

Good call, that game is quite platformy. It's a really under-appreciated game actually. It doesn't exactly carry the same chirpy atmosphere of the above titles though heh.
  • gds1972gds1972 Posts: 6,613
    Forum Member
    I know it is an original Xbox game but the 360 can play it. If you can find it Psychonauts is a very good game.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It doesn't exactly carry the same chirpy atmosphere of the above titles though heh.
    Good point, 'shmup - it is quite light on the twee factor. :) It would've been remiss of me not to mention such an under-appreciated title as you say.

There's a playable demo of Epic Mickey:The Power of 2 on XBL - you could give that a whirl, bob. I think the full game retails at about £20 or so.

A nod to the ubiquitous Sonics and Rayman titles of varying quality of course. ;)

(Edit: THIS is a list of 360 platformers, according to Microsoft.)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have heard Epic Mickey is worth a shot might pick it up at some point. Heard good things about Rayman Origins as well.
  • juliancarswelljuliancarswell Posts: 8,896
    Forum Member
    Two I would highly recommend are Limbo and Braid.:)