EE - can Denise become a long-term character?

Mattyboii1995Mattyboii1995 Posts: 938
Forum Member
✭✭
Obviously she's been in the show since 2006, so coming up to 7 years so definitely wouldn't call her a 'recent' character.
Denise is actually 1 of my faves in EE, and love that she has so much depth to her character. Does anyone else think she has the potential to stick around for a long time to come?
It's nice to see her coming to the foreground again..

Comments

• vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope so but it depends on Diane Parish...
  • HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to think so she just needs a family to become a part of again she very much a single character at the moment, maybe they will pair Ian and Denise together it could be the start of something.
  • ~Twinkle~~Twinkle~ Posts: 8,165
    Forum Member
    Couldn't agree more, OP. She's a genuinely nice character and the actress who plays her is very beautiful.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah definitely! Love Denise, she's my favourite character in the show.

Denise is one of those great soap characters whom is genuinely lovely but also has her few flaws. She's got so much depth, which is quite rare in soaps these days.

Diane Parish is an amazing actress!
  • ryanr554ryanr554 Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is criminally underused, she has only been getting a lot of screentime recently because of the stupid Kim and Ray relationship.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She needs her own storyline ASAP away from Kim.
    I would like to see her in a joint venture with Beale where Argee Barghee is. Like a Bistro or something
  • Top_TrumpsTop_Trumps Posts: 2,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ian and Denise to work together at the fruit n veg stall?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she is underused and is an amazing actress and the show needs to hold on to her
  • Mattyboii1995Mattyboii1995 Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cybersq wrote: »
    she is underused and is an amazing actress and the show needs to hold on to her

I really hope she stays.
    Can see her sticking with the show long-term.
  • KellerKeller Posts: 5,970
    Forum Member
    Depends if Diane Parish gets bored of crap storylines, Denise is a great character though and I hope she stays for a long time.
  • dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,271
    Forum Member
    Diane Parish seems quite happy working on EastEnders and has praised a lot of storylines of late(Including Heathers Murder Plot) she's a fantastic actress but I do hope they use her more.
  • CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Obviously she's been in the show since 2006, so coming up to 7 years so definitely wouldn't call her a 'recent' character.
    Denise is actually 1 of my faves in EE, and love that she has so much depth to her character. Does anyone else think she has the potential to stick around for a long time to come?
    It's nice to see her coming to the foreground again..

I love the actress, I'd like to see her have a more frontline role

I hope they expand her and Shirls friendship now Zainab is leaving.
  • Mattyboii1995Mattyboii1995 Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CherryRose wrote: »
    I love the actress, I'd like to see her have a more frontline role

I hope they expand her and Shirls friendship now Zainab is leaving.

I agree. Let's face it Shirl is in danger of leaving this year if she isn't done something with, so hopefully.
  • Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Denise she is one of the most likeable characters on the show. One of the very few moral people who has a sense of right and wrong. She's been criminally underused for years and is little more than a background character which is a shame.

I'd like to see her and Ian become a couple and be at the heart of the show - they have a lovely friendship which dates back to 2010 which has been very underplayed. Its nice to see them interacting more recently I hope it leads somewhere.

I also agree with the above about developing her friendship with Shirley in the absence of Zainab.
  • Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They never seem to know what to do with her. I like the character and the actress but I've often wondered what exactly the point of her is. I wish they'd give her something juicy to do. She doesn't get enough storylines or screentime. Axing her clown of a sister and involving her more with Ian, Sharon and a few others wouldn't be a bad idea.
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Linda Henry will quit this year, there is nothing left in Walford for Shirley now...
  • The_SleeperThe_Sleeper Posts: 200,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    Linda Henry will quit this year, there is nothing left in Walford for Shirley now...

I'll drive her to the airport myself, if I thought it would help !! ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vaslav37 wrote: »

Well, she just got herself a job now. ;)
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 50,940
    Forum Member
    Denise has never really made a huge impact, although I do love her character. They have been building her up in recent times, we've seen how lonely she is and that life isn't going her way.

I love it when Denise comes out with sharp lines, loved her comment comparing Kim to Mavis from Willo the Wisp the other week. She is a gem of a character.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Denise's last major storyline was Lucas wasn't it?
  • SalomeSalome Posts: 816
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think of Denise as a long-term character because of the consistency in her personality. It feels as if she has been around for ages.
    She is also one of the few, if not the only female character whose identity is not defined by romance/coupledom and/or motherhood although I dread this is about to change.
    The current storyline is clearly pushing her into Ian's arms whereas I would rather see a close friendship between these two 'old-timers'
  • actual_soapactual_soap Posts: 5,378
    Forum Member
    Denise is an asset to the show and they should do all they can to keep her there. There's so much depth to her character, I just wish she'd mention Chelsea and Libby once in a while, or go and visit them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Denise is an asset to the show and they should do all they can to keep her there. There's so much depth to her character, I just wish she'd mention Chelsea and Libby once in a while, or go and visit them.

Libby got axed, oh well.
  • MattehhhftwMattehhhftw Posts: 8,680
    Forum Member
    Denise is one of my favourite characters in Eastenders and I personally hope she sticks around.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Denise is one of my favourite characters in Eastenders and I personally hope she sticks around.

Could see another 2 years. ;)