Where I think Tulisa went wrong in series 9

noonan15noonan15 Posts: 1,436
Forum Member
✭✭✭
1) She was too big for her boots, when the auditions started she had the mindset of "I won last year, everybody loved me, they will instantly love me again" and she seemed to have completely changed, maybe the higher profile brought down her aspect of down to earth she owned in series 8.

2) Nicole came along, let's be honest, in series 8, Tulisa kicked Kellys but! Now, I loved Kelly as much as the next guy, IN THE AUDITIONS, once the pressure of live shows hit Kelly, she crumbled and Tulisa flew high with the groups.

3) Tulisa was so chuffed to get the Girls, she kind of over worked it too much. She and everybody knew that she did amazingly with the groups the previous year, and I think Tulisa had that thought in her mind that the rest of the show will be a bed of roses and she will win.

4) She was too confident in her song choices. Whilst Lucys exit was not her fault, Tulisa is 100% to blame for Jade Ellis' exit, she was giving her fast upbeat songs, Jades week 1 song hero was perfect, but Tulisa was too confident and thought "I have the strongest category here, I can do whatever I like and still win"

5) Nicole was on fire. Nicole was doing so well, everybody was talking about her, Nicoles category were doing well, and people seemed to have forgot about Tulisa and her diva ways.

They are my thoughts anyway, I was bored and thought I would write this post lol. Feel free to comment

Comments

• LW09LW09 Posts: 3,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I honestly never saw the issue with Tulisa last year, I saw the same Tulisa in both of her years. Kelly was brilliant during the auditions but terrible in the live shows, whilst Nicole was terrible in the auditions and brilliant in the live shows. Tulisa just ended up flying under the radar and being in Nicole's shadow. The perception of her is almost certainly purely down to the sex tape, it turned her into a bit of a laughing stock. She also had some poorly thought and promoted singles, they were released and marketed on the basis that she was an X Factor judge and would do well regardless. They didn't, and that hasn't helped with the negative attitude towards her.
  • Kuda_KunakaKuda_Kunaka Posts: 2,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It all got a little bit too much for her urban roots

still cant believe she didn't know Think by Aretha Franklin.. and you call yourself a talent show judge..
  • SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    6) Most of her decisions in the sing-off were unthinkable. She sent home Kye because not only to just exact revenge for the "**** ash breath" comment from Gary, but also believing that Ella was going to go all the way to the final...until Rylan's fan-base put a stop to that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I love tulisa, but this series I just don`t think she was enjoying it as much, and it really showed...I still love her though!! :)
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    noonan15 wrote: »

2) Nicole came along, let's be honest, in series 8, Tulisa kicked Kellys but! Now, I loved Kelly as much as the next guy, IN THE AUDITIONS, once the pressure of live shows hit Kelly, she crumbled and Tulisa flew high with the groups.

Erm....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=721fgdcZ25o :o
  • noonan15noonan15 Posts: 1,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »

In series 8, she kicked Kellys but, this just proves my point, she lost her touch in series 9.

However in Tulisas defence I think that was meant to be a joke aimed at Kellys comment
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In series 8, she kicked Kellys but, this just proves my point, she lost her touch in series 9.

However in Tulisas defence I think that was meant to be a joke aimed at Kellys comment

If she did indeed "kick Kelly's butt in series 8" as you claim, why did she feel the need to copy Kelly's lines from that series?

It obviously wasn't done in a jokey way, she looked serious unlike Nicole when she was imitating Gary, Tulisa actually thought she could pull it off. But yeah, series 9 was an unmitigated disaster for Tulisa.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    If she did indeed "kick Kelly's butt in series 8" as you claim, why did she feel the need to copy Kelly's lines from that series?

It obviously wasn't done in a jokey way, she looked serious unlike Nicole when she was imitating Gary, Tulisa actually thought she could pull it off. But yeah, series 9 was an unmitigated disaster for Tulisa.

In series 8 she did! Series 9 she was crap, I said that time and time again.

So the huge laugh she did at the end doesn't show a joke to you? In your little world you laugh when serious and keep a straight face when we are joking, ok, I will keep that in mind
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In series 8 she did! Series 9 she was crap, I said that time and time again.

So the huge laugh she did at the end doesn't show a joke to you? In your little world you laugh when serious and keep a straight face when we are joking, ok, I will keep that in mind

She got lucky with Little Mix, but she handled the rest of her groups terribly, they all went out very quickly, and even to Little Mix she gave them dreadful song choices like Ke$ha in Rock Week...:confused:

She looked like she was laughing at her own joke which makes it look all the more embarrassing for her. :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the laugh was took in an inside joke with Ella about the comment
  • Cyril_SneerCyril_Sneer Posts: 2,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She had a sex tape and flop records ... not a good look when you are meant to be a judge on the biggest family talent show in the UK.
  • Kuda_KunakaKuda_Kunaka Posts: 2,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kelly is a way more experienced and loving woman than Tulisa

Well, at least Kelly hasn't done a sex tape awwwwwwww :D:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It all got a little bit too much for her urban roots

still cant believe she didn't know Think by Aretha Franklin.. and you call yourself a talent show judge..

I was shocked by that and said so on here at the time. Having said that, and thinking about it now, an encyclopaedic pop brain isn't necessary for judging new acts. Cheryl made a similar faux pas with an Elton John classic a year or two before.

Also: that's what the young record buying public would have been saying too. So they're just speaking for them - which does have a validity I suppose.

Lets face it: a lot of younger people on DS who pointedly say where ex-X Factor acts go wrong ("sack the manager", "leave the record company") are pretty clueless as well, so they shouldn't judge.
  • MatejaMateja Posts: 731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tulisa's category last season wasn't that strong. Ella was the only contender, Jade was a fodder and Lucy a novelty act.
  • Diceroll_81Diceroll_81 Posts: 904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The performance of her single on the results show certainly didn't help matters either.
  • MargueriteMarguerite Posts: 2,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She had a sex tape and flop records ... not a good look when you are meant to be a judge on the biggest family talent show in the UK.

In a nutshell.
  • scottie2121scottie2121 Posts: 11,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's a fraud and people can see that.

She witters on about 'urban' and being honest and genuine and yet she constantly compromises any possible hint of artistic integrity by going down the Cheryl Cole I-want-to-be-a-national-treasure road.

She's just another bland and barely-talented bit of fodder for the music (money) making industry.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,852
    Forum Member
    She witters on about 'urban' and being honest and genuine and yet she constantly compromises any possible hint of artistic integrity by going down the Tweedy I-want-to-be-a-national-treasure road.

Tulisa has never gone down that road. If anything she always defends herself calls herself a WAF and hates being labelled.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tulisa had a very strong category, probably equal to Nicole, last year. However a number of bad things happened - the sex tape, the strange 'blonde' look, the losing of Lucy very early, the shock elimination of Ella and the poor live performance wrapped up in a hoodie, but, most of all, her apparent boredom halfway through which really let her down.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    granted08 wrote: »
    Tulisa has never gone down that road. If anything she always defends herself calls herself a WAF and hates being labelled.

Of course she has. She's down it now. Bland music and corporate marketing, advertising clothes and tarting herself up for the tv and tabloids.

What's WAF anyway?
  • LW09LW09 Posts: 3,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course she has. She's down it now. Bland music and corporate marketing, advertising clothes and tarting herself up for the tv and tabloids.

What's WAF anyway?

"Was already famous". She said it on the show after Louis called her "Mrs WAG" one week :D. It was a :o moment.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For being in ndubz? Wow!

You can tell a lot about a person from the company they keep.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,852
    Forum Member

What's WAF anyway?

Bland music? Didn't "Young" get to number one? Tarting herself up? Since when? Tulisa was FHM's sexiest, she's always done cover shoots with her clothes on. It's not her fault that the tabloids take photos of her. After all she is a WAF. "Was Already Famous"
  • THEXFACTORKINGTHEXFACTORKING Posts: 2,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tulisa being hired shows how desperate x factor were to getting anyone on board. She was a Z grade celeb, and did not really fit in on the panel. Hell, they might as well have hired Sinitta lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    granted08 wrote: »
    Bland music? Didn't "Young" get to number one? Tarting herself up? Since when? Tulisa was FHM's sexiest, she's always done cover shoots with her clothes on. It's not her fault that the tabloids take photos of her. After all she is a WAF. "Was Already Famous"

Getting a number one means you have to appeal to the lowest common denominator and Young was by-numbers song cynically made to a formally and tied in with marketing and a dire video.

Sexiest woman - well FHM readers are hardly a great group of people. Give them a cheap and easy bit of bird and they'll vote with a drool.

Don't be so naive about the relationship between z listers and the tabloids - they need each other.