Why do people hate One Direction?

Comments

• twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You buy Olly Murs and One Direction, because it's rubbish, say no more. Why don't you just transfer the money directly to Cowell's bank account?

:D at you trying to rile me. Sorry it is isn't going to work now please do tell me what music i should be buying seen as you are so knowledgeable :D:D
  • Hassaan13Hassaan13 Posts: 41,891
    Forum Member
    KieranDS wrote: »
    I don't hate them.

They are an inoffensive boy band. What's to hate?

People hate them because they believe they cannot sing, which they can, and that they have been very lucky.

The fans defend them when there is a hateful comment on any of their videos (or anywhere) along the lines of 'why bother watching their video' which I would agree with. But, the fandom (which is bound to die down soon) are not as good at debating when it comes to Twitter, especially death threats.
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    People hate them because they believe they cannot sing.

Have you heard how bad One Way or Another is?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    twingle wrote: »
    :D at you trying to rile me. Sorry it is isn't going to work now please do tell me what music i should be buying seen as you are so knowledgeable :D:D

I don't think you are a little child. But if you don't realize who is a real musician and who is not it's too late for you.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Jason100 wrote: »

I have. It's absolutely horrendous. What a way to ruin what was a good song :mad:
    Forum Member

It's not their best song but it's not their worst. The only issue is that it doesn't involve much group singing, but the vocals and harmonies are of a good standard. Bearing in mind it is a cover.
  • Elphie_LivesElphie_Lives Posts: 4,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't hate them, I'm sure they're nice enough boys. I just don't get the appeal but I'm not a 10-15 year old straight girl. And there's no harm in those girls liking them, I liked Britney, 5ive, Justin Timberlake when I was younger, I also like(d) Sinatra, Elvis, Supremes, Queen Stereophonics etc.

They'll all grow tired of it and return to their lives with a fortune in the bank.
  • Elphie_LivesElphie_Lives Posts: 4,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    It's not their best song but it's not their worst. The only issue is that it doesn't involve much group singing, but the vocals and harmonies are of a good standard. Bearing in mind it is a cover.

Are you implying it sounds bad because the original is bad?
    Forum Member

I'm saying that it's not their best song because it's not their type of song.
  • abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i like the song alright...:p:D
  • gold2040gold2040 Posts: 3,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One Direction suck big horse shlong
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    how big? lolz!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i wonder if that's what they'll serve on the next edition of i'm a celebrity...;) enough of little bugs, get summink BIGGER!!:p:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Actually many Blondie fans would agree with this. It's not the vocals but the actual song that is lacking
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    One Direction = musical bankruptcy.
  • SoupietwistSoupietwist Posts: 1,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually many Blondie fans would agree with this. It's not the vocals but the actual song that is lacking

Actually most Blondie fans wouldn't agree with that, and it's been a staple diet of there live set since it's inception.
  • kutoxkutox Posts: 16,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do people really need to ask why they are disliked? It's self-explanatory for any music fan.

Pointless thread.
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently One Direction are going to produce a 3D movie about them. One Direction in 2D is worse enough.
  • my name is joemy name is joe Posts: 4,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently One Direction are going to produce a 3D movie about them. One Direction in 2D is worse enough.

where are they going to find the other 2 dimensions?

apparently even their live shows are only in 1, so it makes no sense - the wonders of technology i guess;)
    Forum Member
    where are they going to find the other 2 dimensions?

apparently even their live shows are only in 1, so it makes no sense - the wonders of technology i guess;)

:D:D:D...
  • zeze88zeze88 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They got to have the most insane fanbase out there, this is just SICK!:eek:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/news/a466761/one-direction-fans-send-death-threats-to-liam-payne-puppy.html
  • suncitysuncity Posts: 368
    Forum Member
    Jealousy?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zeze88 wrote: »

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/news/a466761/one-direction-fans-send-death-threats-to-liam-payne-puppy.html

I agree it is indeed sick but putting it into context it is just a few out of many millions. Shame they get all the publicity tarring everyone with the same brush. But it really isn't anything new. Boy bands have always had a few insane obsessive fans. I worked with one many years ago and that was Paul McCartney fan from the Beatles:eek:. Just we didn't have social media for the whole world to see how badly they behave.

I do wish someone would tell their parents!!
    Forum Member
    zeze88 wrote: »

OK now that's just the absolute limit of all bloody time :rolleyes: What makes them behave like that?
  • zeze88zeze88 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree it is indeed sick but putting it into context it is just a few out of many millions. Shame they get all the publicity tarring everyone with the same brush. But it really isn't anything new. Boy bands have always had a few insane obsessive fans. I worked with one many years ago and that was Paul McCartney fan from the Beatles:eek:. Just we didn't have social media for the whole world to see how badly they behave.

I do wish someone would tell their parents!!

I know that not all 1D fans are like that, but still.. this is not the first time such a crazy thing is happening that was started by a few 1D fans, this is just mental! They are NOT real fans of the band then. If you are truly a fan of someone, wouldn't you want them to be happy? I don't know what is going on in their heads...

You know, I kind of understand the obsessiveness over The Beatles since they changed everything - the music scene, the style of clothing, hairstyle... they introduced something new that nobody has seen before. But this... to be so obsessed over 1 boyband that isn't any different than any other bunch that existed before. I just don't understand.

And you are right about the parents... I mean, how exactly were they raised if they think about such vile and disturbing things?