Films That Make You Sad Everytime You Have To Watch Them

13»

Comments

• TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only seen two of these (in bold) and I'm ashamed to say didn't finish the latter.:o

You watch quite a few military/war films, don't you? The Bridge is probably too ordinary or clichéd for a typical war-film watcher.

If you want a similar premise but with a bit more action and perhaps a better dramatic flair, try 71: Into the Fire. It's a South Korean film that revolves around a bunch of schoolboys defending a location. It has its flaws, but I found it rather entertaining. And *ahem* sad, of course, as it's based on a true story as well.
  • James_MonnellyJames_Monnelly Posts: 883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bridge to Terrabithia
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Field of Dreams and Running on Empty are two films that have me blubbing like a baby.

The end of Blade Runner, fantastic speech :( lol
  • rumpleteazerrumpleteazer Posts: 5,746
    Forum Member
    Finding Neverland gets me everytime
  • Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For me it's:

Last scene of Bladerunner
    The Marseillaise scene in Casablanca
    Closing scenes in Linklater's Before Sunset and Before Sunrise

Also, if any of you like grown up films as opposed to the Hollywood dross that seems to form much of the discussion on here, go and see Ain't Them Bodies Saints. Just seen it today and it's brilliant. Normally I get up and clear off as soon as the lights come up but I had to compose myself (i.e wipe away the tears:o) before leaving. Marvellous film.

Charming.
  • Pob-BundyPob-Bundy Posts: 1,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually quite a silly story but I think the music alone makes Vanilla Sky a sad movie. Cameron Crowe is the best there is to partner contemporary music with heart wrenching scenes. I actually felt sorry for a Tom Cruise character!!! The ending is beautiful.
  • BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm tearing up just thinking about some of these films :cry:

Life is Beautiful when the dad gets taken down the alleyway by the Nazis and is still pretending its a game and trying to make his son laugh.

I'm off again *waaah*
  • Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    Charming.

Yeah, sorry about that (although it does have more than a grain of truth in it;)). I was a bit pissed when I wrote it.:o
  • Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    Takae wrote: »
    You watch quite a few military/war films, don't you? The Bridge is probably too ordinary or clichéd for a typical war-film watcher.

If you want a similar premise but with a bit more action and perhaps a better dramatic flair, try 71: Into the Fire. It's a South Korean film that revolves around a bunch of schoolboys defending a location. It has its flaws, but I found it rather entertaining. And *ahem* sad, of course, as it's based on a true story as well.

Yes, I do. Well remembered. I don't think I felt that it was cliched. exactly. After all lots of war films have their predictable tropes. Everyone knows that the bloke who talks about what he'll do 'when this madness is over' gets the chop in the next scene, for example.:D

I should probably give it another try.
  • Gav 2.0Gav 2.0 Posts: 1,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bicycle Thieves turns me into a total wreck every time I watch it. The look on the son's face just paralyses me, it's so sad and poignant. :(