Is there a Digital Spy app for iPad?

soopytwistsoopytwist Posts: 112
Forum Member
I've given up viewing Digital Spy on my iPad because it doesn't work most of the time. I think it might be because if the cookies message that pops up at the bottom of the screen, pressing it doesn't close it. When I want to navigate away from one page I have to exit Safari completely then go back to Digital Spy's home page again.

Comments

• ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    Have you tried the mobile version of the site?
  • James WelshJames Welsh Posts: 3,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi,

I'll ask our tech team to look into the cookie message problem!

What would you like a DS iPad app to do?

J
  • Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member
    soopytwist wrote: »
    I've given up viewing Digital Spy on my iPad because it doesn't work most of the time. I think it might be because if the cookies message that pops up at the bottom of the screen, pressing it doesn't close it. When I want to navigate away from one page I have to exit Safari completely then go back to Digital Spy's home page again.

Really? I don't get that problem with my iPad or Safari. The only thing I find is if I use my Playbook I often get some stupid boy band audio that randomly starts. Really annoying!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I use an ipad all the time with digitalspy on different of browsers, but do not see that problem
    Digitalspy layout for me works very well on the ipad

Do you have a screenshot to show what is happening?
  • soopytwistsoopytwist Posts: 112
    Forum Member
    I can't take screenshots on my ipad. Well, I can but i've got nowhere to upload them.

Here are some of the issues i have while navigating digital spy on my ipad (the new ipad):

- cookie message doesn't close when pressing the close button. This might be fixed now though as it seems to be closing now.

- the reply button on comments often does nothing or jumps me to the top of the page

- if i'm logged in and try to comment it says i'm not logged in

- often there is large blank white space below featured item and no comments where they should be

- forums link not always shown at the top of the page

An app should function much like digital spy already does but trim out stuff thats doesn't work on small screens and simplify navigation like metro newspapers app.
  • Mr. CoolMr. Cool Posts: 1,551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi,

J

It would be perfect if you enabled Tapatalk for both Android and iOS ;)
  • davethorpdavethorp Posts: 8,701
    Forum Member
    Mr. Cool wrote: »
    It would be perfect if you enabled Tapatalk for both Android and iOS ;)

No it wouldn't! Tapatalk spam pop ups anyone who dares to visit a tapatalk enabled forum using their perfectly adequate mobile browser (which I'm using for this post on my iPhone 5 without any issues whatsoever)

Until tapatalk remove the spam pop up from their software no forum should implement it as it impairs the user experience for anyone who doesn't want to use tapatalk
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pro boards have a good app for their boards but then their website is crap on my phone. The DS forums work well on my phone
  • Mr. CoolMr. Cool Posts: 1,551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davethorp wrote: »
    No it wouldn't! Tapatalk spam pop ups anyone who dares to visit a tapatalk enabled forum using their perfectly adequate mobile browser (which I'm using for this post on my iPhone 5 without any issues whatsoever)

Until tapatalk remove the spam pop up from their software no forum should implement it as it impairs the user experience for anyone who doesn't want to use tapatalk

You're right. I forgot about them :eek:

Though I'm not sure if some Tapatalk sites don't have popups.
  • PPhilsterPPhilster Posts: 1,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi,

J

Safari on my iPad 4 is also crashing when posting a response in a thread. It looks to be related to different ads or other refreshed information. Using a third party browser in desktop mode with the ads turned off doesn't do that. It's not an ideal alternative as third party browsers are slow on the iPad and I don't believe in turning off ads for sites.
  • PPhilsterPPhilster Posts: 1,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi,

J

I think basically the same thing except some elements being a bit larger to click on. In other words, more finger friendly, especially for iPad mini users.
  • Mr DangerousMr Dangerous Posts: 902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I view DS on my Samsung bottom of the range smartphone :)

Sadly I can't log myself in but at least I can view the forums....
  • RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm getting no problems, and I've been visiting and posting almost daily on DS from an iPad for more than 12 months now.