jonjonsjonjons Posts: 4,021
Forum Member
✭✭✭
What can we expect on Friday night?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Usual rubbish, newsreaders doing something cringeworthy and an awful casualty sketch. I much prefer Comic Relief tv wise.
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,512
    Forum Member
    Girls Aloud are on it so I will not be watching. But it's rubbish tv ...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rich people asking non rich people for money.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I've always wondered do any of the "celebs" get paid for appearing - shameful if so.
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lisalee23 wrote: »
    I've always wondered do any of the "celebs" get paid for appearing - shameful if so.

It is quite common on charity productions for the people appearing to be paid the minimum rate for contractual reasons. It is quite likely that most of them will donate that to the charity on top of any other contribution they make.

Of course every year there is someone moaning that they are only appearing to relaunch their career, sell a new record etc etc.
  • FroodFrood Posts: 13,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fortunately I shall be out on Friday evening and therefore will not, even by accident, see any of this 'entertainment'.

Amd whether or not they are paid to appear the act pf very rich people demanding the much less well off should hand over their money would eurn me away from it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Would you prefer rich people not doing anything and not giving anything.

It is a simple fact that five million people giving ten pounds raises more money than a few hundred giving a thousand pound each.
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope there's something good on the other sides.:rolleyes:
  • SnikpohSnikpoh Posts: 2,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lisalee23 wrote: »

I believe Union rules do not allow them to perform for free, so they are paid the minimum Union amount. I would guess quite a number, if not all, donate this.
  • best boybest boy Posts: 836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jonjons wrote: »

What can we expect? Don't tell me - irrespective of the economic downturn, they'll claim 'a new record has been raised.' Yawn.
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 33,944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pudsey in a steel cage :p
  • JoooeJoooe Posts: 8,656
    Forum Member
    What can we expect?

The same old people on here, with the same old complaints about the show as every other year. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    best boy wrote: »
    What can we expect? Don't tell me - irrespective of the economic downturn, they'll claim 'a new record has been raised.' Yawn.

Are you alleging that the total given out is false, can you produce some evidence of such a serious allegation.
  • Dirty RoosterDirty Rooster Posts: 1,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lundavra wrote: »
    Would you prefer rich people not doing anything and not giving anything..
    YES.

But Girls aloud will be on so I will watch that tiny bit.
  • Jason CJason C Posts: 31,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course every year there is someone moaning that they are only appearing to relaunch their career, sell a new record etc etc.

Indeed there is, because it's largely true - particularly in the case of the latter.
  • owen10owen10 Posts: 126,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    something involving eastenders
  • ktla5ktla5 Posts: 1,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it not Lord Sugar appearinmg in EE and the female newsreaders in a 'reasonably priced car' ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 467
    Forum Member
    Children In Need.

An evening of varied entertainment, enjoyed by millions whilst raising much needed funds for charities assisting young people.

Perfect reason to watch BBC 1 tomorrow night :)
  • GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bunch of Z-list celebrities and the usual X Factor crap to play the same old music we've heard before. I bet One Direction are going to be there. :yawn:
  • Zero gravitasZero gravitas Posts: 12,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jonjons wrote: »

No Graham Norton, Hignfy or anything else worth watching.
    I checked on BBC1 HD and BBC HD and that bloody bear is ubiquitous.:mad:
  • Martin PhillpMartin Phillp Posts: 34,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fearne Cotton coming off maternity leave for one night only, Tess Daly being annoying and Wogan doing his annual tv skit.

In England at least, you may also get regional presenters attempting to enthuse at various OB's across the country with a colleague dressed as Pudsey waving at kids and not much else due to the Savile allegations.

Scotland and NI normally do their own thing for the first part of the show with viewers wishing they could watch the network egos.
  • GrahameSteeleGrahameSteele Posts: 1,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    im yawning already
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would you prefer rich people not doing anything and not giving anything.

It is a simple fact that five million people giving ten pounds raises more money than a few hundred giving a thousand pound each.

What are you whining about? I was answering the question in the OP.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Grouty wrote: »
    Pudsey in a steel cage :p

There was one of them Pudsey's in the town centre today demanding money with menaces!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
    Forum Member
    One Direction are going to be performing :D