Katie Hopkins

Comments

• summertime09summertime09 Posts: 10,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A "Brat in her late teens"!!!!! NOT that long ago, her mother went from Mother earth to druggie, lets wait and see!!!!
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't worry, it's not going to happen. See my post #312

That post explains why she likes to be controversial for. Probably because it's the only way she can carry on bringing in an income. According to Wikipedia she failed at being a business woman, so I'm guessing this is the only thing she has left.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it wasn't her saying it a lot more people would agree with what is being said.

Too fat to work - She was right, people judge people on their weight. It gives off vibes of that person being lazy and unhealthy.

Names - She WAS right, people to judge other's on their names. Mainly second names, but if they have a 'chavy' first name then you're more likely to have pre-conceived ideas about it.

Tattoo's - There is nothing wrong with them, but sometimes they do appear chavy.

Woman jealous in the workplace - That's absolutely spot on.

It's all very silly that a lot of people can't look past who is saying it, and think about what is being said.

Agreed, there is usually quite a bit of truth in what she says whether people admit it or not, her delivery is amusing as is the reaction of hysteria from sections of the audience!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    monrose wrote: »
    I am hoping her children will never amount to anything in life. In fact, I hope they spend the rest of their useless lives as lonely outcasts. They would deserve this fate as they spent nine months in her womb

THAT really says more about you!!! :o:o
  • Brighton BhelleBrighton Bhelle Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A "Brat in her late teens"!!!!! NOT that long ago, her mother went from Mother earth to druggie, lets wait and see!!!!

...and look what happened to her eh?

Fortunately Peaches seems to have gone the other way. You sound extremely judgemental to me. How is it up on the moral high ground? :rolleyes:
  • Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    zx50 wrote: »
    That post explains why she likes to be controversial for. Probably because it's the only way she can carry on bringing in an income. According to Wikipedia she failed at being a business woman, so I'm guessing this is the only thing she has left.

I thought Katie used to work for the Met Office?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ...and look what happened to her eh?

Fortunately Peaches seems to have gone the other way. You sound extremely judgemental to me. How is it up on the moral high ground? :rolleyes:

Its only a few short years since her drug issues, parenting advice etc from her!!! is beyond a joke!!
  • pollipolli Posts: 2,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Much as I dislike KH I do agree in part with what she says.But only a small part. It isn't logical to allow a baby to dictate your lifestyle to the exclusion of all else. It might work for Peaches because of her privileged lifestyle ,but for those of us less blessed financially and needing to combine work/baby care/marriage/older children etc it just isn't feasible. Like most things in life it will suit some and just won't work for others.
    Having said that KH has an appalling way of making her points.Aggressive and nasty .All the gurning faces she pulls are embarrassing.

ETA. I think Peaches let herself down with that crowing tweet. Very childish.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kiko H Fan wrote: »
    I thought Katie used to work for the Met Office?

She did and got fired. But she also started her own business according to Wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katie_Hopkins#Met_Office_firing
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its only a few short years since her drug issues, parenting advice etc from her!!! is beyond a joke!!

So you have to have a past as pure as the driven snow in order to talk about how you're bringing your child up? Her drug past has nothing to do with how she brings her child up, or that she's talking about it on This Morning. What matters is that she's away from it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    polli wrote: »
    Much as I dislike KH I do agree in part with what she says.But only a small part. It isn't logical to allow a baby to dictate your lifestyle to the exclusion of all else. It might work for Peaches because of her privileged lifestyle ,but for those of us less blessed financially and needing to combine work/baby care/marriage/older children etc it just isn't feasible. Like most things in life it will suit some and just won't work for others.
    Having said that KH has an appalling way of making her points.Aggressive and nasty .All the gurning faces she pulls are embarrassing.

ETA. I think Peaches let herself down with that crowing tweet. Very childish.

The same goes for the way Katie Hopkins was looking in a mocking way every time Peaches started speaking to Phillip and Holly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    So you have to have a past as pure as the driven snow in order to talk about how you're bringing your child up? Her drug past has nothing to do with how she brings her child up, or that she's talking about it on This Morning. What matters is that she's away from it.

A distance of more than just a few short years would qualify her more to lecture others!! unless on the subject of drugs!!
  • Shady_Pines1Shady_Pines1 Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A distance of more than just a few short years would qualify her more to lecture others!! unless on the subject of drugs!!

You're coming across as totally unhinged. At the very least, cease and desist with the plethora of exclamation marks.

Please!!!! Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children!!! :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

She wasn't trying to lecture anyone, just explaining her point of view. On the other hand, Katie Hopkins does nothing but lecture people, and her pulling faces at Peaches when she was speaking was horribly bad mannered. It wouldn't be a thing I'd do, but AP obviously works for her. She's certainly changed from the sullen and stroppy young woman that was interviewed by Fearne Cotton only three years or so ago.

And I agree with Shady_Pines1, give over with the exclamation marks - please!
  • The DoveThe Dove Posts: 1,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    milliejo wrote: »
    Actually Nicole Kidman did lose the children that she and Tom Cruise adopted..And Katie has only kept Suri because she fled and got massive media attention. Peaches most likely doesn't know much, she was only in the VIP section. She seems to have her own life, is settled and is mostly quiet. She grew up with the cameras on her, for reasons that were nothing to do with her. She also dabbled in drugs but seems to have outgrown that too, and she decided not to go the way of her mother....And she now looks like she has got herself together and sounds responsable and mature...She is someone that had to grow up way too fast...she does not have to apologise for anything.

I'm well acquainted with what happened to Nicole Kidman. Did you see what I said about private confessions being made public? Kidman valued her career above everything.

Katie wouldn't have gained so much media attention if it weren't for braver people having already spoken out.

Compare and contrast that with Leah Remini preparing to give a deposition in support of a woman who has been constantly harassed by Scientology, or Lisa Marie Presley who is also starting to speak out.

Peaches has access to newspapers and the internet and while I don't care if she apologises, she has a moral obligation to rectify her support for an organisation which routinely abuses women and children.

When she's done that, she can start telling the world what a great earth mother she is without getting called out on her hypocrisy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    double post
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, and to go from "druggie" to some sort of "Mother earth"!!! her arrogance is astounding!!!

With pictures.

http://gawker.com/5502453/peaches-geldofs-heroin+fueled-one+night-stand-at-hollywoods-scientology-centerwith-pictures
  • milliejomilliejo Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, and to go from "druggie" to some sort of "Mother earth"!!! her arrogance is astounding!!!

That is the difference between a teenager and a 24 year old...It is growing up and thankfully she stopped trying to be like her mother, before it killed her. It is possible that having a baby made her think and change. Even when Paula was alive she was a druggie mess, had used her kids to send messages to Sir Bob through the press and was found dead, with her baby girl beside her....Peaches then has had to help bring up a little girl who lost two parents, Sir Bob was never exactly hands on and let them do as they liked. Peaches is doing everything that she has missed in her childhood, being a loving, parent who is there for her children and clean.... It isn't arrogance, it is something she has had to workout for herself because she still has no mother of her own to guide her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Dove wrote: »

The only thing that set of pictures proves is that she's changed and seen the light. People can and do, and as an addiction is a bloody hard thing to overcome so the woman deserves some credit for that at least.
  • milliejomilliejo Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Paula went from funny, zany and interesting to druggie because her marriage feel apart, Michael Hutchence died which broke her heart and the true identity of her father was revealed in the national press and the fact that she had been lied too.

Peaches paid a heavy price for that, she has a sister with no parent, she must know that she could not to that to her own children.

The point of using AP as Peaches explained is, that it doesn't mean being with your child 24/7, it is flexible...It can work if you are a working mother, during the time you are home. Remember Peaches' sons are 17 months and 7 months so very young...She seems to just love being a mother.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Her drug past has nothing to do with her speaking about how she brings up her child. I'm getting a strong impression that you really don't like Peaches full stop.
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    It's probably an unpopular opinion, but within the last few years I have become rather fond of Peaches Geldof.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's probably an unpopular opinion, but within the last few years I have become rather fond of Peaches Geldof.

I'm with you Radiomaniac. :)

She's undergone a real change for the better.
  • dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    The Dove wrote: »
    I'm well acquainted with what happened to Nicole Kidman. Did you see what I said about private confessions being made public? Kidman valued her career above everything.

Katie wouldn't have gained so much media attention if it weren't for braver people having already spoken out.

Compare and contrast that with Leah Remini preparing to give a deposition in support of a woman who has been constantly harassed by Scientology, or Lisa Marie Presley who is also starting to speak out.

Peaches has access to newspapers and the internet and while I don't care if she apologises, she has a moral obligation to rectify her support for an organisation which routinely abuses women and children.

When she's done that, she can start telling the world what a great earth mother she is without getting called out on her hypocrisy.

I think you're are being a bit harsh. She's a young woman, with two very young kids. Maybe she didn't know half of what went on there.

She isn't claiming to be a great earth mother either. She is just doing what she feels is right for her and her children, and was just defending her choice because KH was ridiculing her at any opportunity she got.
  • Funk YouFunk You Posts: 6,864
    Forum Member
    Why do you lot torture yourself each time watching her? your only asking to get upset. Yes she is a vile human being with a very closed off mind but the more people watch her the more she will revel in the controversy.
This discussion has been closed.