stephen Moffat hasn't a clue and needs to go...

Mike_DalbyMike_Dalby Posts: 96
Forum Member
He is rubbish at PR. The scheduling is a mess, and we are shipping viewers left right and centre.

The show has shifted from mainstream to niche. i know FAR too many people who have stopped watching this year. We need a change of head writer.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not enjoying 7b as much as normal. But you cannot blame him for scheduling.
  • DiscoPDiscoP Posts: 5,920
    Forum Member
    What on Earth. You were on another thread saying how you loved Doctor Who with Matt and Moffat?
    Forum Member
    Oh OK I get it now. You're on a wind up :) Very funny
  • ea91ea91 Posts: 2,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's in charge of neither PR nor scheduling. Moving swiftly on.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    Mike_Dalby wrote: »
    He is rubbish at PR. The scheduling is a mess, and we are shipping viewers left right and centre.

The show has shifted from mainstream to niche. i know FAR too many people who have stopped watching this year. We need a change of head writer.

The show has shifted from mildly entertaining to a shipwreck aimed at 3 year-olds.

There. Fixed it for you.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40
    Forum Member
    Threads like this make the "my opinion" one seem like a really good idea...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 370
    Forum Member
    The show has shifted from mildly entertaining to a shipwreck aimed at 3 year-olds.

There. Fixed it for you.
    Oh Lord. Have the pubs shut early tonight or what?
  • TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It has nothing to do with Moffat- all he can do is apply spin to everything.
    It's the BBC who need to get their act together. Doctor Who is one of their most popular programmes and yet they decide to cut back the number of episodes being made.
    Sort things out please and bring back the 13 episodes per year.
  • mikey1980mikey1980 Posts: 3,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Steven Moffat clearly has got a clue and is a very talented writer. And the viewing figures are holding up - so even if some people are deserting, others must be replacing them.

But you're right about one thing - I think Doctor Who could do with a refresh and a change of direction in the next year or two.

And the BBC certainly need to start treating the show like the revenue-boosting beast it is and with the respect it deserves.
  • TLC1098TLC1098 Posts: 1,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The fact of the matter is Steven Moffat has destroyed Doctor Who. ;)
  • Mike_DalbyMike_Dalby Posts: 96
    Forum Member
    Wow, I'm amazed how many posters thinks I'm serious. Thank you DiscoP... There is NO crisis, I think the show is as good as ever. If not better, I'm saddened by the negative comments and was wondering who would take the bait... Nobody, actually. Which is a good thing... Isn't it?
    Forum Member
    mboon wrote: »
    Oh Lord. Have the pubs shut early tonight or what?

Charming ad hominem sniping. I've got an idea - lets all think what YOU think.
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow, I'm amazed how many posters thinks I'm serious. Thank you DiscoP... There is NO crisis, I think the show is as good as ever. If not better, I'm saddened by the negative comments and was wondering who would take the bait... Nobody, actually. Which is a good thing... Isn't it?

Can you blame them? Legitimate posts like this are going to be DS' highlight of the anniversary year.
  • Scorpio2Scorpio2 Posts: 5,632
    Forum Member

What the FACT that a once brilliant flagship show has become something that should be shown to 2 year olds in a nursery school. :rolleyes:

Noddy is more grown up than Moffats Who.
  • saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

12 posts in and all you've done is insult the show, its actors, its writers and fellow forum members.

I think its quite clear what your mission is but I'll leave that for everyone else to decide. I shall be pressing the ignore button.
  • davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member

I've an idea - let's post more than just "doctor who has always been rubbish" and actually explain what weird viewpoint you come from. Then we can start discussing things PROPERLY.
    Forum Member
    Scorpio2 wrote: »
    What the FACT that a once brilliant flagship show has become something that should be shown to 2 year olds in a nursery school. :rolleyes:

And Noddy didn't rely on a sonic screwdriver for EVERYTHING.

It's supposed to be a sci fi show. Not Harry effing Potter.
    Forum Member
    Scorpio2 wrote: »

...because Noddy would beat the crap out of someone with a cane... because Noody would cause someone to fall down the stairs and refuse to forgive them...............................

please, I beg you ACTUALLY THINK WHAT YOU ARE SAYING before you type.
  • Mike_DalbyMike_Dalby Posts: 96
    Forum Member
    OK,Ok for the sake of ppl who are unclear let me nail my colours to the mast... I love RTD and Moffats vision of Who. I don't think there is an issue. I'm a bit perturbed by those who think that current Who is rubbish... I think if you watch series 7 back as a whole it will be strong.

I'm saddened by all the doom and gloom. I was parodying that... If i misjudged it or got the tone wrong I apologise...
  • Scorpio2Scorpio2 Posts: 5,632
    Forum Member
    ...because Noddy would beat the crap out of someone with a cane... because Noody would cause someone to fall down the stairs and refuse to forgive them...............................

Mate I'm only kidding like the OP was. I love DW
    Forum Member
    I think I'm going to steer clear of this thread; there's been far too many of these that have been serious and nasty for me to participate :(

Sorry Scorpio :)
  • saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Don't waste your time Davros. The 'Doctor Who is aimed at little kids now' argument is the default setting for those with nothing of value or substance to add. They resort to petty sweeping statements and insults to wind everyone up. Witness our new forum member who in the space of a couple of hours has trashed the last seven seasons of the show. I would suggest they find something more productive to do with their time but then that's not my business. Ignoring is best tactic.
    Forum Member

To be honest it is getting more and more difficult to tell the parody threads apart from the genuine ones ;)
    Forum Member
    12 posts in and all you've done is insult the show, its actors, its writers and fellow forum members.

I think its quite clear what your mission is but I'll leave that for everyone else to decide. I shall be pressing the ignore button.

Where have I insulted forum members? One example please.

And insulting SOME of the show and actors is what a discussion board is for. If I didn't like it. Which I don't. I loved the Doctors Wife and I loved Blink. So there goes your hater argument.

Guess some people just don't like being disagreed with
    Forum Member
    We don't like being disagreed with when the poster disagreeing does nothing whatever to integrate their views into the discussion. You give no resons for your disliking, nor say what your opinion of our opinion is AND WHY. Why is the key.

Otherwise you come across as "BAM. HERE'S MY VIEW, DEAL WITH IT SUCKERS." If you had the courtesy to explain what made you decide you didn't like the latest episode (was it the kids, the army, the new Cybermne, what? And why?) then we could discuss and get along.

Unfortunately you don't seem to want to.