Big KKK Brother

Can the black house mates sue for the racist bullying they experienced

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That would cause the biggest shit storm EVER. People already talk about how black people do nothing but pull the race card in this country so that would take the cake even if there is video evidence. They would be told to suck it up and they signed to play a game with different personalities. Just thinking of the outcome if that would happen makes me shake my head. Nothing good would come of it.
  • Shine_OnShine_On Posts: 1,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hasn't something similar happened with American Idol?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shine_On wrote: »
    Hasn't something similar happened with American Idol?

Yup. They were sued by 10 former contestants. That alleged racism wasn't shown on TV, though, like BB.
  • RihannaRoyaltyRihannaRoyalty Posts: 282
    Forum Member
    sjp07 wrote: »
    Yup. They were sued by 10 former contestants. That alleged racism wasn't shown on TV, though, like BB.

What happened on American idol
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What happened on American idol

Most of the contestants were disqualified. They claim that black contestants are treated more harshly than white contestants and that they were thrown out because of their race (they also claim that no white contestants have been disqualified, which isn't true) To me at least it seems like a really thin case they have, but I don't think there's a verdict yet.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kyle123 wrote: »
    Most of the contestants were disqualified. They claim that black contestants are treated more harshly than white contestants and that they were thrown out because of their race (they also claim that no white contestants have been disqualified, which isn't true) To me at least it seems like a really thin case they have, but I don't think there's a verdict yet.

Idol has stupid rules, but I don't think they are race based. They kicked off Frenchie for having naked pictures on the internet because it wasn't "idol like," but Fantasia won he show and she had a baby in high school and couldn't read. That isn't very "idol like" either. Not comparing the two, but who decides what an idol is supposed to be?
  • Flight815-23DFlight815-23D Posts: 5,311
    Forum Member
    Can the black house mates sue for the racist bullying they experienced

Not under the law. They could really try and twist it into a "hostile work environment" and sue Endemol, but most likely their contracts have language to make that near impossible.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 451
    Forum Member
    Various agencies have written to CBS to express their distress at CBS not taking the behavior seriously and indicating the disclaimer fell short of what they thought should happen
    I think if they they thought there was a case they would be helping the hg.s to sue. They may do so when they can talk to all the hg's eg Candice and Helen

I think the threats of violence to Candice GM displayed should have been jumped on immediately and an apology aired.
  • Fried KickinFried Kickin Posts: 60,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So the OP got banned .. shocker.
  • RihannaRoyaltyRihannaRoyalty Posts: 282
    Forum Member
    I didn't get banned?im just upset the producers don't take threat of violence upwards another housemaid seriously,anyways I'm watching the British big brother :D
  • starrystarry Posts: 12,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe the OP doesn't know anything about the KKK but they went about killing people.