I swear Dynamo is Jesus Re-Incarnated

Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,363
Forum Member
✭✭
I'm just freaked out and baffled by EVERYTHING he does!!

Anyone watch all of his stuff?
Sorry if it's in the wrong section, don't know if this should go here, Showbiz or the TV section.

Comments

• Stiffy78Stiffy78 Posts: 26,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who? (Dynamo not Jesus)
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynamo_(magician)

Tune onto the channel Watch, he is after the break going to walk across the Thames.
  • Biffo the BearBiffo the Bear Posts: 25,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Magician to the stars'

A modern David Copperfield I think.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Did Jesus use cheap off the shelf tricks and stooges?

As Rimmer said: A simple carpenter's son who learns how to do magic tricks like that and doesn't go into show-business?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 729
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am sure there is another thread on this site and everyone said it was actors and stooges.

Then again, surely if he was using so many actors and stooges then someone would have exposed him online by now?
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Salv* wrote: »

Sorry if it's in the wrong section, don't know if this should go here, Showbiz or the TV section.

With today's technology and tricks, there'll be a way that he's done it.
  • bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didnt Arnie eletrocute him by setting the sprinklers off
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Human123 wrote: »
    I am sure there is another thread on this site and everyone said it was actors and stooges.

Then again, surely if he was using so many actors and stooges then someone would have exposed him online by now?

I imagine there's a confidentially clause in their contracts.

There's been a thread in the TV Shows forum. The general view seems to be that when he does try to use sleight of hand, he's rubbish at it.
  • TRIPSTRIPS Posts: 3,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Salv* wrote: »

He is a brilliant ,would love to know how he does the mind reading,
    he would be burnt at the stake a few hundred years ago for witchcraft.
  • tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Dynamo. :D
  • O'NeillO'Neill Posts: 8,721
    Forum Member
    Ive watched his shows, and they are ok. I did notice on one though, that two rings that were meant to belong to two different people in different places looked identical to me. Stooges and actors would explain the majority of his tricks I would think.
  • BrunoStreeteBrunoStreete Posts: 7,180
    Forum Member
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    I imagine there's a confidentially clause in their contracts.

There's been a thread in the TV Shows forum. The general view seems to be that when he does try to use sleight of hand, he's rubbish at it.

So how about when he works with famous people? Do they sign a confidentiality clause as well?
  • SecretSmilerSecretSmiler Posts: 1,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he is very good

spotted a couple of things that i could see how he did them (camera angles etc) but he is very very good and quite similar to Derren Brown in some of it
  • The Alpha GamerThe Alpha Gamer Posts: 3,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some of his stuff is very good, but it's so good that it comes across as "Act amazed and we'll edit the magic in later"
  • Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He is an excellent magician but that is what he is.

IIf you are in the know you can figure out how he does some of his tricks.

For instance:
    The one where he sounds a hooter three times then teleports....bear in mind that you only see his head before the hooter and if you watch closely he is clearly backing away towards the edge of the verandah and the suspicious drapes over the back. Then you see a hand holding a hooter and then he (or someone dressed like him) appears on a tower....there is clearly time when he is not in shot - just the hooter is - to get over the edge and hide over the edge behind the drapes.

Or:
    Getting the card to be on the one spot on the pool table where the ball stops....works if you assume all the face up cards are different (which they are not as you never see them turned over) and he finds the exact one chosen. Exactly the same trick is then done again and he catches the one card chosen out of the pack shooting up from a pocket....just bear in mind there are TWO packs - one containing only the card x 52 that the contestant must therefore choose, and the other a normal pack....the trick deck is used for the contestants 'choice' and the other when he wants to fool you they are all different cards. Sleight of hand, done well, and misdirection, completes the trick....so he 'palms' the one card he knows the person has 'selected' and whilst his hand is masked by the full deck shooting up from the pocket reveals the card that he has palmed fooling you into thinking he caught it from the flying stream of cards.

I should add these are my informed speculation not sure knowledge as to how these tricks are done...but if you suspend belief and just watch they look amazing.

I love Dynamo for his skill and enjoy trying to work out how he has done the tricks.

He will be on a major TV channel soon as he is the best new magician I have seen in ages.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So how about when he works with famous people? Do they sign a confidentiality clause as well?

Why not? It might form part of their contract - one of the end credits is "celebrities booker". Did you think they were all personal friends he happened to bump iinto?
  • BrunoStreeteBrunoStreete Posts: 7,180
    Forum Member
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    Why not? It might form part of their contract - one of the end credits is "celebrities booker". Did you think they were all personal friends he happened to bump iinto?

I think you are deluded if you think the whole thing is done by paying people as actors.
  • KaliMistKaliMist Posts: 7,511
    Forum Member
    I have came to that conclusion as well OP, he isn't human! The guy just defies logic... it's amazing watching him!
  • jackoljackol Posts: 7,887
    Forum Member
    TRIPS wrote: »
    He is a brilliant ,would love to know how he does the mind reading,
    he would be burnt at the stake a few hundred years ago for witchcraft.

Easy, you dont see the whole trick. Here is how it works.

He tells them to write their best friends/mothers/fave place, fave food etc name clearly on a piece of paper. He retreats behind a corner while they write it down. When he returns he asks "did you write it in capital letters" Whatever they say the answer will be "you shouldnt have done, should have done "
    He then takes their folded up piece of paper with the answer on and palms it. He then produces another piece of paper (blank) and rips it up in front of their eyes/burns it or eats it.
    They think its the paper they wrote the answer on

He then gives them a third piece of paper and says "write it again" He then retreats again while they rewrite it. While away he simply reads the name. He then makes a big deal of reading their mind.
    It really is that easy.
  • andersonsonsonandersonsonson Posts: 6,454
    Forum Member
    Don't be fooled. The people he does the tricks to are actors.
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so jesus would come back and get his own show on a digital channel called watch
  • Ghost WorldGhost World Posts: 7,036
    Forum Member
    Threads about magicians inevitably attract idiots who say "omg ur all so gullible he just uses stooges for all his trix!!!". Some, but not all of his tricks involve stooges.

Anyway, he might be very impressive to a layperson, anyone who has seen street magic before will recognise almost all of the tricks he does. He's doing the same stuff David Blaine and Criss Angel do, and the same stuff you can see people doing on Youtube. Store-bought tricks, with very little innovation on his part.
  • iannaiiannai Posts: 4,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's real magic. He's like a real life Harry Potter. Some people have the "gift" - there are a lot of fake magicians like David Blaine and that, but he is actually a real magician.

(That's nonsense by the way, but if you replace "magician" with "psychic", suddenly the argument is given credence!)

Anyway, sorry, not meaning to hijack the thread - I'll get back to the Sally Morgan one :D
  • d0lphind0lphin Posts: 25,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have watched a few of his shows lately, some have absolutely got to involve stooges. Others involve an excellent sleight of hand.

There was another where he burnt a whole in someone's t-shirt then repaired it - I think I know how that was done.
    ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    d0lphin wrote: »
    I have watched a few of his shows lately, some have absolutely got to involve stooges. Others involve an excellent sleight of hand.

There was another where he burnt a whole in someone's t-shirt then repaired it - I think I know how that was done.
    ;)

I don't think there's any doubt he uses stooges; but his sleight of hand is amateur.

The T-shirt one was obvious. He had a piece of material in his right hand; fortunately, the material matched exactly the shade of the "stranger's" T-shirt.

As he took hold of the t-shirt with his right hand, you could see his thumb tucked into his palm, clearly holding something. With his left hand he pulled out the material from his curled up right hand.