Samsung Cashback Offer.

Not sure if this is the right section, but.
Has anyone tried using the recent Samsung Cashback Offer?
I recently bought a Galaxy Tab2 10.1 which should have £50 cashback.
After the prescribed 30 days minimum I submitted a claim on the 24th of October. I received an email back confirming my claim complete with a claim number. Since then nothing, everytime I check my claim on line it just says "pending".
Last Friday I sent then an email requesting the situation, only yesterday I received a generated automatic email back which had no relevance to my original question, only mentioned postal claims. It went on to say I should receive a "proper" answer within one working day. As of now I have heard nothing more.
Unfortunately it looks like one big con unless anyone can prove otherwise.

Comments

• mac2708mac2708 Posts: 3,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The current promotions page on the Samsung site http://www.samsung.com/uk/student/cashback.html
    states:
    "If you completed a paper claim and then posted us your form and proof of purchase we will pay your cashback via a posted cheque within 45 days of your claim being validated*"
    OR
    "If you submitted your claim online you will receive your cashback back via bank transfer within 45 days of your claim being validated."
  • busengbuseng Posts: 241
    Forum Member
    I haven't been told if my claim was successful or not (validated), ie the required paperwork was correct, seems they haven't checked it out yet. Here.

Track My Claim
    Claim Status: Pending
    You have completed the claim process. Your claim will now be reviewed against the Terms of the promotion.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Samsung may not process claims themselves but through a third party.
    You have had you claim confirmed with a claim number and two weeks (actually 10 working days) is a fairly short period out of the "within 45 days of your claim being validated*"
  • OrbitalzoneOrbitalzone Posts: 12,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pretty sure it'll just get processed, Im also waiting and get the same massage .

My last Samsung flashback claim went the same way
    Forum Member
    mac2708 wrote: »
    Samsung may not process claims themselves but through a third party.
    You have had you claim confirmed with a claim number and two weeks (actually 10 working days) is a fairly short period out of the "within 45 days of your claim being validated*"

The point is that my claim hasn't been validated yet, so any payment is up to 45 days after that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This sort of delay seems to be nothing unusual
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3506145
    http://www.avforums.com/forums/lcd-led-lcd-tvs/1173770-samsung-eco-cashback-offer.html

Meantime just rest assured with the information you have i.e.
    "Claim Status: Pending
    You have completed the claim process. Your claim will now be reviewed against the Terms of the promotion."

I'm afraid that in this instance patience is a virtue, at least at the moment
  • MartinteaMartintea Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    Why don`t they just knock £50 off the price and stop all this fannying about
  • emptyboxemptybox Posts: 13,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Martintea wrote: »
    Why don`t they just knock £50 off the price and stop all this fannying about

My thoughts exactly.
    I've never understood this 'cashback' nonsense. :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    emptybox wrote: »
    My thoughts exactly.

It's all a marketing ploy but also to consider are retailer margins.

If, for example the retailer usually sold the item at (say) £500 the profit margin will be less if sold at £450 as the price from the manufacturer would also be reduced to configure the '£50 off'
    Forum Member
    Mac's Moneysavingexpert link makes very interesting reading.
    Anyway, I phoned them this afternoon using the number on the confirmation email. After explaining the situation & giving my claim number I was told their internal server had gone down & they would ring me back! I did not hold out much hope but they did actually ring back & confirmed my claim was successful.
    Now to see what happens in the next 45 days? Just says 45 days, not working days either plus 5 extra days for the back transfer.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    emptybox wrote: »
    My thoughts exactly.

for me ...it's just a waste of paperwork and manpower*

or woman-power.

and wasting my time to fill in forms, so I've never bother buying anything with cashback, even though I would like a Samsung tab.