Screen Share Laptop screen wirelessly with TV

Evening Folk

You lot have been very helpful in the past, so thought I'd ask you again if you could point me in the right direction.

THE PROBLEM - I would like to have my laptop screen mirrored on the TV wirelessly, so I have the same situation as if I were using the HDMI connection.

THE SET UP - I have an LG TV (47LM620T) and a Samsung Laptop (NP300E5C-A05UK), the set up I have is the TV is connected to my Sky router via a ethernet cable and the laptop is connected via WiFi.

Any help/advise much appreciated.

Carl

Comments

• soapfan_1973soapfan_1973 Posts: 3,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not actually tried this but I do know it is possible and a quick search found the following site which might just answer your question

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/intel-wireless-display.html
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 298
    Forum Member
    Not actually tried this but I do know it is possible and a quick search found the following site which might just answer your question

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/intel-wireless-display.html

Thank you, will have a spy at that now. Will report back
    Forum Member
    Back. Doesn't look as though it'll work for me... I am on Windows 8 and it won't install. It says I need '.NET 3.5' I searched for that as it says not compatable with Windows 8.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Net 3.5 should already be included with Windows 8 but sometimes you need to enable it through Control Panel. In Control Panel, choose Programs and Features, choose Turn Windows features on or off, and then select the .NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0) check box
    Forum Member
    Net 3.5 should already be included with Windows 8 but sometimes you need to enable it through Control Panel. In Control Panel, choose Programs and Features, choose Turn Windows features on or off, and then select the .NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0) check box

Thankfully there are people like you about, to nudge people like me in the right direction. :)
    Forum Member
    Well I've installed WiDi and I have checked on the LG website, my tv has WiDi capabilites built in, no idea how to share the screens though.. There is nothing obvious. I already have the DNLA set up for playing files from the computer and my mobile on the TV. Nothing there for sharing screens.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You need to connect a WiDi adaptor to the television so that the computer knows where to send the signal. For the LG it is the AN-WF100 dongle that is required. Just plug that into your television, run the widget on your computer and it should have some way of showing you it has "found" the television and if you wish to use that as the monitor.

Control Panel¦Display also gives you options in Windows 8 to project to a second screen
    Forum Member
    Hi

Well I bought the AN-WF100 but it turns out WiDi isn't an option as my laptop doesn't have WiDi nor can I install it (according to Intel it must come pre installed on your machine). Any other options?
  • oilmanoilman Posts: 4,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Look at Q Waves wireless usb to hdmi
    Sold on Amazon. I've got one. Works well. Only downside is range is limited to 10m max. Iaptop needs to be in same room as tv. Also works with older tvs with vga.
  • smitj017smitj017 Posts: 501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Buy an Apple TV (3rd or 2nd generation). It has what Apple call 'AirPlay Mirroring', which allows Mac users to mirror their screen directly with the TV. As you've got a Windows computer, download 'AirParrot', which will let you do the same from your laptop.