Piers Morgan article 'In defence of Susan Boyle'

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,933
    Forum Member
    I think the message is sincere - even if it isn't, it makes a lot of sense. Piers has always supported Susan and been complimentary about her. Whatever his motives, I am sure it has given her a boost
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 166
    Forum Member
    Gurgles wrote: »
    She's had a tough life, been mocked and bullied over her looks and her learning difficulty, labelled 'Simple Susan' and endured feelings of worthlessness. The one thing she has is her talent.
    — All of which would be fine and dandy if BGT were some kind of therapy programme. But it isn't. It's a primetime TV talent show carrying a prize of £100k and a booking for a gig that professional artistes spend their whole careers trying to get.

Change a few words and your above defence could be describing Edith Piaf. Yet, nobody ever said of Piaf, 'Aw, give her break; she's had a hard life'. They heard her life expressed through her remarkable voice. All that can really be said of Miss Boyle is that she can project quite well and more or less holds the tune. Her stage presence is no more outstanding than any number of dotty old aunties who've entertained at a wedding after a couple of large sherries.
  • muppeteermuppeteer Posts: 3,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with the sentiment of the article, but given that it's written by Piers, I find it hard to take it seriously.

I can't see her having the stamina or social skills to cope in any way with a recording or stage career. This seems to have been conveniently glossed over by most. I'm not surprised that the inevitable backlash is starting, and how sad that at the centre of it is a woman who is more than likely ill-equipped to deal with it.
  • soapgirlheresoapgirlhere Posts: 2,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    good on him, i agreee with everything he said. :)
  • AnthonyJohnAnthonyJohn Posts: 3,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most reasonably minded people would agree with the sentiments of Piers Morgans comments in his Blog and this video.

There is no disputing his video comment,

'The whole World is going Susan Boyle mad'
    http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/82543/SUSAN-BOYLE-I-QUIT/