Weekend, Film 4 11.10pm

OvalteenieOvalteenie Posts: 24,169
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anyone else watching this? It's a wonderful film of gay love, very realistically acted & down to earth & set in Nottingham. :)

Not sure if the actors are actually gay... if they aren't - good job! :o

Comments

• OvalteenieOvalteenie Posts: 24,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh they are snogging now :eek:
  • spiney2spiney2 Posts: 27,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    my pvr is recording it right now ...... would not normally interest me but the reviews are amazing .....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like the fact it's set in Nottingham too, one of my favourite cities... they are on the tram now... next stop Phoenix Park :)
  • KornerKabinKornerKabin Posts: 20,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was aghast to see that this was on tonight after seeing it trailed on C4 for so long.

Sadly missed the first 10 minutes but I'm managing to catch up on Film4 +1.

It's marvellous so far, very true to life in both its acting and its direction.

I also have to add that that guy has really nice cups, I'd love a coffee in one of those.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The scenes in the swimming pool have shades of the video for 'Smalltown Boy' :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes i want his cups too :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know I'm just talking to myself here but I've just noticed that Rita, Sue and Bob too is on after this ... could be a long night for me.

Downton Abbey's Miss O'Brien like you've never seen her before ... bloody love Siobhan Finneran.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ovalteenie wrote: »
    Yes i want his cups too :o

I think I just want him ... he's actually my dream man! :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The guy in the red (don't know their names ... do they have names? :o ) is either a really strong and sensitive actor or just 'playing himself'. He's got some very delicate and underplayed mannerisms that are quite 'gay' yet he's generally 'straight acting'. I know so many 'straight acting' gays who have those really soft mannerisms.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's got little cacti on his windowsill ... I've got little cacti on my windowsill :(:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tom Cullen is excellent. Just googled, apparently he is straight which makes his performance even more impressive. I like how the chemistry and interaction between them is so natural :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tom Cullen is excellent. Just googled, apparently he is straight which makes his performance even more impressive. I like how the chemistry and interaction between them is so natural :)

He's awesome in that case, absolutely.

I love the chemistry but also the awkwardness, like just then when he was getting really close to the other guy and all he could say was 'just waiting for the kettle to boil' :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is well mucky :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love how the location is familiar... at the train station... i've been there :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's moving to America :eek: :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Strangely the kissing is not gratuitous.. it's very natural. Almost like a fly on the wall documentary :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Strangely the kissing is not gratuitous.. it's very natural. Almost like a fly on the wall documentary :o

None of it is gratuitous which is what makes it even better.

That sex scene was so hot simply because it was not gratuitous. A quick kiss, a rub of a hardon then straight to the awkward moment of wiping up cum with a t-shirt ... :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think his flat must be those tower blocks in Lenton. Are they still there?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think his flat must be those tower blocks in Lenton. Are they still there?

I wish I could answer, I've never been to Nottingham :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well that was a bittersweet ending :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well that was a bittersweet ending :)

I'm watching on +1 so I've still got a good hour to go ... :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish I could answer, I've never been to Nottingham :o

I love Nottingham. It's not as bad as people think. In fact I spent Christmas in Nottingham last year :o

(I lived in Derby 10 years ago)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Nottingham. It's not as bad as people think. In fact I spent Christmas in Nottingham last year :o

(I lived in Derby 10 years ago)

A few of my friends from uni were from Nottingham so I feel like I know it but without ever having been there ... if that makes sense.

I also had a one night stand with a guy from Nottingham last night hahaha ... just thought I'd share that! :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A few of my friends from uni were from Nottingham so I feel like I know it but without ever having been there ... if that makes sense.

I also had a one night stand with a guy from Nottingham last night hahaha ... just thought I'd share that! :o
    This film is about you lol :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This film is about you lol :D

I've not got nice cups like that though :(:(:(