Could Mel B be in with a chance at becoming a permenent judge next year?

mysty211mysty211 Posts: 4,935
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.digitalspy.ie/tv/s103/the-x-factor/news/a447452/mel-b-has-great-chance-of-landing-permanent-x-factor-judging-role.html

I really loved Mel B she's like the female Cowell maybe she'll replace Tulisa.

Would she be good?
I personally loved her at the auditions I know she was very honest and didn't like any "joke" acts I thought that was a good thing. I know some people thought she was too harsh with her judging.

Comments

• ll_Calypso_llll_Calypso_ll Posts: 4,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd personally much rather she stayed on XF AU. It's a much better show imo - I know I enjoyed it far more than the UK version this year.
  • ESTKESTK Posts: 535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Get your hands of Mel B. Australian X Factor is really good with its talent and fantastic judges/mentors panel. Mel B is actually the best and most entertaining judge in all these singing shows now (yeah, even better than Simon Cowell) and the only job I would agree for her to take is in X Factor US 3rd season.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently Anastacia was the one they asked however turned it down because she didn't want to let fans down who'd bought tickets too see her during X Factor period, hence the reason they showed little of her despite the rave reviews. Mel was nothing but a nasty bitch, I loved her! So I'd be happy regardless.
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    No, I do think Mel was highly edited for the auditions and we'll be disappointed during the live shows so no.

Since Tulisa plans 'quits ( just her way of trying to hide the fact that she'll be getting the boot),Then I think we need someone who has been in the scene for quite some time but not properly established as a 'household name' and I think Amelle of the Sugababes would be a perfect candidate. To be completely honest anyone would be better than Tulisa and Amelle certainly has the credentials to be a judge
  • LW09LW09 Posts: 3,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I expect they have a list and it looks a little like:

1) Cheryl Cole
    2) Sharon Osbourne
    3) Mel B
    4) Anyone but Tulisa

Either way I don't expect Sharon to turn it down so they won't quite get to Mel B. But that could be a good thing, as X Factor is going tits up on either side of the Atlantic whilst its very strong in Australia. The last thing Cowell needs is for the Australian one to end up on the skids as well.
    Apparently Anastacia was the one they asked however turned it down because she didn't want to let fans down who'd bought tickets too see her during X Factor period, hence the reason they showed little of her despite the rave reviews. Mel was nothing but a nasty bitch, I loved her! So I'd be happy regardless.

The reason we barely saw her was because she only did one day in Glasgow and its unlikely anyone notable auditioned on that day. The reason Mel was shown so much was because she did 3 days in Manchester, and most of the people who make it further tend to audition in Manchester or London. Nicole only did one London date as well as Cardiff and Newcastle and she was barely seen either.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    Mel is actually recognizable in America and it would be wonderful if they snagged her for the US show to replace LA. A panel of Simon/Demi/Mel B/younger male judge would be terrific.
  • ESTKESTK Posts: 535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Remote33 wrote: »
    Mel is actually recognizable in America and it would be wonderful if they snagged her for the US show to replace LA. A panel of Simon/Demi/Mel B/younger male judge would be terrific.

It would work for me :) And I think a lot of americans would be pleasantly surprised about Mel B. She is the bitch then she needs to be, but she can also be sweet
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,764
    Forum Member
    She's missing Simon's charisma, she's just brash and rude for the sake of being rude. (Based on my experience in the audience in Manchester on her first day as a guest judge)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 183
    Forum Member
    InMyArms wrote: »
    She's missing Simon's charisma, she's just brash and rude for the sake of being rude. (Based on my experience in the audience in Manchester on her first day as a guest judge)

totally, she was terrible as a guest, just rude for the sake of it and not a very good personality
  • TyjetTyjet Posts: 8,509
    Forum Member
    Seeing as XFUK is a sinking ship and XFAus is not, even if they ask her, she'd be stupid to make the change.
  • JocolahJocolah Posts: 2,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    InMyArms wrote: »

She was certainly blunt and I agree she was rude for the sake of it, and she also came across cold. I did like her before. but after that I've now gone off her. I wouldn't like to see her on the UK X Factor panel.
  • Scrufox86Scrufox86 Posts: 838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LW09 wrote: »

1) Cheryl Cole
    2) Sharon Osbourne
    3) Mel B
    4) Anyone but Tulisa

Either way I don't expect Sharon to turn it down so they won't quite get to Mel B. But that could be a good thing, as X Factor is going tits up on either side of the Atlantic whilst its very strong in Australia. The last thing Cowell needs is for the Australian one to end up on the skids as well.

The reason we barely saw her was because she only did one day in Glasgow and its unlikely anyone notable auditioned on that day. The reason Mel was shown so much was because she did 3 days in Manchester, and most of the people who make it further tend to audition in Manchester or London. Nicole only did one London date as well as Cardiff and Newcastle and she was barely seen either.

Why Would Cheryl "mime artist" Cole be top of the list?
    How can you take a "judge" seriously about singing if she doesn't even sing live herself?
    I think Dannii Minogue was top of the list but apparently has turned it down... shame really because she was much better than the mimer.

Mel B was brilliant it was so annoying when Nicole was chosen instead. However Tulisa has proven to be terrible and was just spouting out phrases from all other judges from previous X factor series. Wow, much imagination going on there.

Mel B telling the pensioner how it really was and how boring he was (which was true) was funny not because she was "rude" but because she told him the truth. Usually when the old pensioners come on there is all the "oh we can't insult them or be cruel... let's just be really nice about it and babble on about something else to make them feel good". It is all done so you go "aww bless them" when really if they are that bad at singing, which the majority are, then they shouldn't have gotten to the judges in the first place. I think it would be a great idea to get Mel B as Tulisa's replacement. As long as she is the same as in the auditions about contestants and not change because producers tell her to.
  • earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mel B is terrible at choosing acts. She's lucky to get an inoffensive guy on his team this year (who finished second), but on both of her years she lost most of her acts in the first month. She even finished last with the Girls last year, which is always a sign of being lousy. Nonetheless she's a better mentor than the other Aussie girl.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scrufox86 wrote: »
    How can you take a "judge" seriously about singing if she doesn't even sing live herself?
    I think Dannii Minogue was top of the list but apparently has turned it down... shame really because she was much better than the mimer.

Mel B was brilliant it was so annoying when Nicole was chosen instead. However Tulisa has proven to be terrible and was just spouting out phrases from all other judges from previous X factor series. Wow, much imagination going on there.

Mel B telling the pensioner how it really was and how boring he was (which was true) was funny not because she was "rude" but because she told him the truth. Usually when the old pensioners come on there is all the "oh we can't insult them or be cruel... let's just be really nice about it and babble on about something else to make them feel good". It is all done so you go "aww bless them" when really if they are that bad at singing, which the majority are, then they shouldn't have gotten to the judges in the first place. I think it would be a great idea to get Mel B as Tulisa's replacement. As long as she is the same as in the auditions about contestants and not change because producers tell her to.

Dannii is overrated. She did a lousy job in her last two years, with the other three Boys (i.e. everyone but Matt) and all her girls. She's lucky to get acts that are popular enough to give her a good "finish" as a mentor.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Cheryl has a huge media profile and is clearly popular (despite what you read about her on here) so would be a good move. They offered to kick Kelly Rowland off the panel before series 8 so she could return to the UK, and no doubt she was asked this year too especially as she turned up at judges houses.

The ratings rose significantly the year she joined and fell once she left. It won't all be down to her but she is obviously a factor in that. I do think they wanted Dannii this year because a Dannii/Tulisa/Louis & Gary panel is probably the closest to the series 5-7 panel they'll get. I doubt Dannii will ever be in the frame again, not least because she is now doing another show and if its Tulisa that is being replaced then they won't want two non-British females on the panel.
  • Andrew_DuncanAndrew_Duncan Posts: 1,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

1) Cheryl Cole
    2) Sharon Osbourne
    3) Mel B
    4) Anyone but Tulisa

Well if they do get Cheryl back Sharon & Mel B are still in the running because for some reason the producers think Cheryl will bring back the audience(can't see it myself though) so they'll do whatever to get her back and reading her book and the way she talks about Nicole after XFUSA she wont be working with her..so it'll be bye bye Nicole knowing the producers. Will be good for Nicole though leaving on high before her reputation is destroyed season 2 ala tulisa.

My panels next year would be:

X Factor UK

Kylie - Sharon - Lily Allen - Louis

I think 3 women on the panel would really shake it up and change the dynamics. It'll also get rid of the boring woman V woman rivalry the press create.

X Factor US

Simon - Demi - Mel B - Bruno Mars

I hope Rihanna stays well away from this show she's far too big & good for this show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cheryl has a huge media profile and is clearly popular (despite what you read about her on here) so would be a good move. They offered to kick Kelly Rowland off the panel before series 8 so she could return to the UK, and no doubt she was asked this year too especially as she turned up at judges houses.

The ratings rose significantly the year she joined and fell once she left. It won't all be down to her but she is obviously a factor in that. I do think they wanted Dannii this year because a Dannii/Tulisa/Louis & Gary panel is probably the closest to the series 5-7 panel they'll get. I doubt Dannii will ever be in the frame again, not least because she is now doing another show and if its Tulisa that is being replaced then they won't want two non-British females on the panel.

The ratings didn't rise or fall because of her. If she cannot sing live herself then how can anyone take her seriously? You don't need to read about it on here. Just listen to her supposedly singing on X factor and other shows and she is clearly miming as in some of her performances her mouth is miming a completely different word to what is being "sung".
    earldbest wrote: »
    Dannii is overrated. She did a lousy job in her last two years, with the other three Boys (i.e. everyone but Matt) and all her girls. She's lucky to get acts that are popular enough to give her a good "finish" as a mentor.

No there have been countless polls favouring as well as positive feedback for Dannii Minogue being the best judge/mentor on the X factor. And far more than there is/was for Cheryl. I think you'll find Cheryl was lucky to get Alexandra Burke.
    Well if they do get Cheryl back Sharon & Mel B are still in the running because for some reason the producers think Cheryl will bring back the audience(can't see it myself though) so they'll do whatever to get her back and reading her book and the way she talks about Nicole after XFUSA she wont be working with her..so it'll be bye bye Nicole knowing the producers. Will be good for Nicole though leaving on high before her reputation is destroyed season 2 ala tulisa.

My panels next year would be:

X Factor UK

Kylie - Sharon - Lily Allen - Louis

I think 3 women on the panel would really shake it up and change the dynamics. It'll also get rid of the boring woman V woman rivalry the press create.

X Factor US

Simon - Demi - Mel B - Bruno Mars

I hope Rihanna stays well away from this show she's far too big & good for this show.

No Nicole should stay, Cheryl never allowed to return and the whole world will be happy. Rhianna joining any of the X factor shows will actually cancel it completely. Bad reputation, bad role model, despite teeange girls idolising her. And the show is too big and good for her. At least on the X factor even the joke acts like Rylan can actually sing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The ratings didn't rise or fall because of her. If she cannot sing live herself then how can anyone take her seriously? You don't need to read about it on here. Just listen to her supposedly singing on X factor and other shows and she is clearly miming as in some of her performances her mouth is miming a completely different word to what is being "sung".

Singing ability and 'credibility' to judge is hardly important for popularity. Dannii Minogue is hardly up there with Beyonce but people seemed to take her seriously.

By the same throw of the dice, does anyone take Louis Walsh seriously? In fact does anyone actually take the programme itself seriously?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No Nicole should stay, Cheryl never allowed to return and the whole world will be happy. Rhianna joining any of the X factor shows will actually cancel it completely. Bad reputation, bad role model, despite teeange girls idolising her. And the show is too big and good for her. At least on the X factor even the joke acts like Rylan can actually sing.

Well Nicole could be instead of Kylie but I don't want another male on the show because they'd pale in comparison to Simon. The bold bit is absolute hilarious, especially the underlined. She's one of the biggest pop stars in the planet & far far far bigger than X factor has or will be. Erm she can sing great live. She proved that on X Factor twice this year. In fact all her performance's on all shows of Diamonds and Stay have been nailed. Don't let your personal opinions of an artist mislead you.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well Nicole could be instead of Kylie but I don't want another male on the show because they'd pale in comparison to Simon. The bold bit is absolute hilarious, especially the underlined. She's one of the biggest pop stars in the planet & far far far bigger than X factor has or will be. Erm she can sing great live. She proved that on X Factor twice this year. In fact all her performance's on all shows of Diamonds and Stay have been nailed. Don't let your personal opinions of an artist mislead you.

Yes it is hilarious because she is what you'd call OVERHYPED, there are far better SINGERS than her in the world. And they actually sing while she talks through her songs (if the lyrics are actually words and not things like eh nana nana ooh oh which is talking not singing). Also the way she uses herself rather than her "singing" as a way to get attention is insulting to real music IMO. Adele has sold more albums than Rhianna and it is by her voice and songwriting on thier own merit. All Rhianna proved on X factor was she needs the show to promote herself and desperately if she is appearing on it more than anyone else..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No there have been countless polls favouring as well as positive feedback for Dannii Minogue being the best judge/mentor on the X factor. And far more than there is/was for Cheryl. I think you'll find Cheryl was lucky to get Alexandra Burke.

Ah yes, the classic Appeal to Majority. It doesn't consider the fact that quirky Stacey was morphed into a power ballad singer (something she's not and something that stopped short any chance she had of becoming successful), Lucie's star quality was worn out so quickly that choosing Jedward over her would be wise... of course, let's not forget how Nicolo turned into some sort of a techno disaster, Aiden became this moody "intense" performer, and Paije became a Dr. Jekyll-Mr. Hyde type (abruptly switching between boring ballads and upbeat performances that reminds Louis of Lenny Henry, week after week). I'm not saying that Cheryl is any better, but to insinuate that Dannii is miles better is ridiculous.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes it is hilarious because she is what you'd call OVERHYPED, there are far better SINGERS than her in the world. And they actually sing while she talks through her songs (if the lyrics are actually words and not things like eh nana nana ooh oh which is talking not singing). Also the way she uses herself rather than her "singing" as a way to get attention is insulting to real music IMO. Adele has sold more albums than Rhianna and it is by her voice and songwriting on thier own merit. All Rhianna proved on X factor was she needs the show to promote herself and desperately if she is appearing on it more than anyone else..

BIB- After that your argument lost all grounds. Anyone who says 'real music' is just fool and I can't respect their argument. It's a ridiculous argument. Why don't you move with the times grandad/grandma. Music is simple not just about the music anymore, it's become about celebrity culture also. Actually If that was the case and she needed X Factor I'm sure they wouldn't have her on more than once like most other artists. Emile Sande & Rihanna both appeared twice because their two of the biggest things in the UK & X Factor needs them! They need big guests to keep up ratings.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BIB- After that your argument lost all grounds. Anyone who says 'real music' is just fool and I can't respect their argument. It's a ridiculous argument. Why don't you move with the times grandad/grandma. Music is simple not just about the music anymore, it's become about celebrity culture also. Actually If that was the case and she needed X Factor I'm sure they wouldn't have her on more than once like most other artists. Emile Sande & Rihanna both appeared twice because their two of the biggest things in the UK & X Factor needs them! They need big guests to keep up ratings.

Emeli Sande is someone who can sing and very well. Far better than Rhianna as well.

And Real music is where songs actually sound like a song of its own not like the same one just a few words switched or a few "oh nanana" changed to some other baby talk. That is what Rhianna sounds like the same thing, dull, overated and wrongly thought of as inspirational.

Emeli Sande is completely different and has a brilliant voice. Rhianna take note.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emeli Sande is someone who can sing and very well. Far better than Rhianna as well.

And Real music is where songs actually sound like a song of its own not like the same one just a few words switched or a few "oh nanana" changed to some other baby talk. That is what Rhianna sounds like the same thing, dull, overated and wrongly thought of as inspirational.

Emeli Sande is completely different and has a brilliant voice. Rhianna take note.

That is purely opinion. Your opinion which I respect. Anyway best dash and get ready. Have a Happy New Year.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,253
    Forum Member
    I really would hate it if she appears again - nasty, affected and disingenuous.:mad: