Simon Cowell is proud to present 'Musical Chairs', featuring talent show judges...

InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,764
Forum Member
So Mel B is hopping from The X Factor Australia to America's Got Talent, replacing Sharon Osbourne who hopped out of that seat and is supposedly preparing to hop back into her old X Factor UK to replace Tulisa who was left without a seat when the music stopped. Hopping into Mel B's old X Factor Australia seat is Dannii Minogue, who recently hopped out of her Austalia's Got Talent seat. Mel B is also hopping into Dannii's old Australia's Got Talent seat for good measure. It's also being speculated that Cheryl Cole, who hopped out of her X Factor UK seat at the same time as Dannii is going to hop back into her X Factor USA seat, after being forced to hop out of it a couple of years ago. Have I got everything covered?

:confused:

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As long as I see Cheryl on my U.S. tv screen in high definition, I could care less about the rest!

But you are spot on.... and the musical chairs thing is a joke...

Also, UK loses out by not getting Mel B.
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ablahh wrote: »
    As long as I see Cheryl on my U.S. tv screen in high definition, I could care less about the rest!

But you are spot on.... and the musical chairs thing is a joke...

Also, UK loses out by not getting Mel B.

i heard on the radio the other day, mel is getting panned by audiences during filming in the us.:o although, the papers said the same thing about her appearances here last year, which was true, the audiences in attendance didn't warm to her. however, her antics made good tv and then the papers tipped her to become a full time judge.:rolleyes:
  • HughOSHughOS Posts: 2,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's crazy. But they're mostly changes I'm looking forward to, except for that plastic Osbourne cow. At least Dannii will be back and I'm looking forward to Cheryl on US XF properly this time. Pity about Mel B only doing the Got Talents though, I never watch them but she is great tv.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gpk wrote: »
    i heard on the radio the other day, mel is getting panned by audiences during filming in the us.:o although, the papers said the same thing about her appearances here last year, which was true, the audiences in attendance didn't warm to her. however, her antics made good tv and then the papers tipped her to become a full time judge.:rolleyes:

I like Mel B but it wouldn't surpise me if the majority of Americans don't. They seem to have different tastes to the UK public, as evidenced by Nicole Scherzinger's UK success as a solo artist in comparison to her success in the US.
  • pasodabblepasodabble Posts: 5,865
    Forum Member
    This crazy judge musical chairs is probably one of the reasons ratings are declining for these sort of shows, Judges need time to develop on the show; though Strictly and DWTS have made the odd changes to their judging and presenting line-up, at least they clearly aim for consistency. US X factor is the worst offender - small wonder few take the show seriously!
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,764
    Forum Member
    gpk wrote: »
    I was in the audience on her first day as a judge in Manchester and she certainly caused a reaction, have never heard booing like it in all of the times I've been! That's probably a large part of the reason she's on the panel - if she prompts reactions from people it's good for the show.
  • ScoreScore Posts: 17,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The talent show musical chairs game just got a new twist - Mel B has now apparently been 'banned' from appearing on Australia's Got Talent:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/australian-tv/news/a467224/mel-b-banned-from-appearing-on-australias-got-talent-by-seven.html
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,764
    Forum Member
    Score wrote: »
    The talent show musical chairs game just got a new twist - Mel B has now apparently been 'banned' from appearing on Australia's Got Talent:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/australian-tv/news/a467224/mel-b-banned-from-appearing-on-australias-got-talent-by-seven.html

I expect Tulisa to hop there imminently.
  • rombodrombod Posts: 5,252
    Forum Member
    When I read the title I genuinely thought that this was going to end up being a new Saturday night gameshow of his in the vein of Red or Black, hah. It is conceptually shallow enough to be plausible.
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

not surprised and this is exactly the point i was making in another thread the other day. simon cant just move people around as he sees fit, tv stations have a major say in all these castings. dannii has already been tipped to return as a x factor judge, potientially replacing mel, so i suspect seven are just keeping her under contract to ruin nine`s `talent` relaunch.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This comes across as very petty to me. I shouldn't be surprised though, as being petty is what TV networks seem to excel at.
  • pasodabblepasodabble Posts: 5,865
    Forum Member
    Isn't she (Mel B) still presenting Australian DWTS, which is on Seven?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pasodabble wrote: »
    Isn't she (Mel B) still presenting Australian DWTS, which is on Seven?

I haven't read anything about her departure so I presume so. I actually forgot she even hosted DWTS. I guess that would explain Seven wanting to keep her under contract though.