Logging on to DS

call100call100 Posts: 7,264
Forum Member
I've been having trouble logging in with the popup box. I enter my DS creds and it keeps telling me that the 'Security token' is not valid. If I log in via clicking on 'Quote' to reply to a message it logs in fine......
Anyone else having the same trouble or have a solution?

Comments

• westonewestone Posts: 173
    Forum Member
    Same problem for me
  • chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would this be with Firefox by any chance?

Had the same issue last night. But only Firefox IE9 logged on OK. In the end I sorted it by clearing all the internet cache, history etc etc for Firefox and did a Reset from the menu Unfortunately that also seems to zap certain add ons so be prepared to re-load them.

Instructions here (for Win7 FF20 but you can change those)

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/reset-firefox-easily-fix-most-problems#os=win7&browser=fx20

The Reset seemed to be the only part of the process that finally fixed the issue. Either that or it was pure coincidence :)
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had the same thing, and got in via clicking "Add Reply" on a random thread. The subsequent login worked OK.

When I was investigating the reason I couldn't log in from IE10 (the reason I moved to Chrome) I discovered that many people were getting login screens which just recycled, though on various websites, not just DS.

Which suggests that DS etc. don't write their own login routines, but are using some sort of service. Which can't get its programmes right.
  • bobcarbobcar Posts: 19,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm having no problems (auto logging in) with Firefox.
  • call100call100 Posts: 7,264
    Forum Member
    Yes, my problem is with FF. I usually log in with LastPass, but, I've tried a manual log in as well. Still only able to log in via 'Add Reply' or 'Quote'.....I guess it was an update to FF that caused the problem.
  • DANCE OF DEATHDANCE OF DEATH Posts: 4,781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had the same problem with FF21.0 logging into Digitalspy, but if you follow what Chrisjr has posted and follow the link on how to restart FF instructions it sorts itself out and I was able to log in to Digitalspy without any problems and added again all my add-ons without any problems.

Just to be on the safe side back up anything like bookmarks etc before you start as you could loose them all.
  • bobcarbobcar Posts: 19,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've now tried this with both XP and W7, FF21 and no problems. Both OS are 32 bit.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've got the same thing using Opera but no problem with Firefox. I tried the jssmith remedy of clicking on 'add reply' and logon worked so guess it's a DS logon problem.
  • DANCE OF DEATHDANCE OF DEATH Posts: 4,781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had a problem with FF21 and after Chrisjr's method it logged me in now and is working and keeps me logged in.
  • call100call100 Posts: 7,264
    Forum Member
    just started working again today. I didn't alter anything and there has been no FF update......
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I couldn't log in to change my email address (as I've been trying to do for about a month now), but the login screen now has a message :
    Having problems accessing your account? It could be a security setting in your browser, try logging in from here

Going to 'here' presented another log in screen, which took me into the 'change account details' screen.

Having successfully changed my email, I suppose I'm now open to all those "don't do that again messages". :)