Cleverdicks.

Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
Forum Member
✭✭
Forgive me if i am wrong, but I thought the whole point of Sky Atlantic was Sky showing HBO programmes like The Wire, Sopranos and Game of Thrones?

So what is this quiz show doing on Sky Atlantic?

Sigh.

If you want HBO, watch HBO. Looks like Sky will be filling SA with garbage.

Comments

• degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    You are wrong. Sky Atlantic have shown many British shows. They show about 40% HBO content.
    Sky Atlantic relies heavily on screenings of US television programmes, with forty percent of all programming coming from HBO.[11] Although the channel mainly screens dramas, there are blocks in the schedule dedicated to comedies, movies and a showcase of content from Sky Arts.[12][13] Sky have also committed to commission at least six UK programmes per year for the channel.[14]
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sky_Atlantic
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,293
    Forum Member
    This show exists solely to get Doris to say the word "dick"
  • derek500derek500 Posts: 24,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forgive me if i am wrong, but I thought the whole point of Sky Atlantic was Sky showing HBO programmes like The Wire, Sopranos and Game of Thrones?

If that was the case, they couldn't come on air until 9pm each night!!
  • Mr TeacakeMr Teacake Posts: 6,593
    Forum Member
    It was Hilarious on thursday or friday's show when the contestant spent a long time incorrectly guessing on one question and time ran out as AW was raging because he had 2 drops to use! lol
  • dsimillerdsimiller Posts: 1,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a bad quiz.I ended up recording them in the end due to the annoying breaks.
  • derek500derek500 Posts: 24,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr Teacake wrote: »
    It was Hilarious on thursday or friday's show when the contestant spent a long time incorrectly guessing on one question and time ran out as AW was raging because he had 2 drops to use! lol

Shame Paul didn't win, seemed to be a very nice chap.

Hopefully there will be another run and he'll get another go.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    i love quiz shows but could only watch 10 mins! the presenting from Ann was awful
  • ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 41,543
    Forum Member
    i love quiz shows but could only watch 10 mins! the presenting from Ann was awful

She's one of the worst people to host a quiz, she's a bit wooden. That voice goes right through my head:eek: it gets more and more high pitched the longer she talks. I've watched a few shows and it's good, but it'd be better without her though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    when i watched it she seemed to be struggling with what to say. not sure if she's reading from autocue or not. i may try watching it again and try to ignore her!
  • ListentomeListentome Posts: 9,804
    Forum Member
    It was never intended solely for HBO shows. But I did assume form the name of the channel it would be only US shows. But it seems that was never the intention. Thus it showed things like Fish Town.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,900
    Forum Member

I love a good quiz too and tried to watch this. However i find Widdys voice just unbearable and couldnt stay the course.
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,099
    Forum Member
    The questions are a bit random.

But the shadow dancing at the background is the biggest put off ever :p
    Forum Member
    She's one of the worst people to host a quiz, she's a bit wooden. That voice goes right through my head:eek: it gets more and more high pitched the longer she talks. I've watched a few shows and it's good, but it'd be better without her though.
    They should get Sarah Millican to host it
  • kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's fine the way it is. It's certainly harder than a lot of other quizzes.
  • ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 41,543
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    They should get Sarah Millican to host it

Wash your mouth out:eek::p:D Dogs and cats from miles around would be able to tune into it
  • ohglobbitsohglobbits Posts: 4,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    derek500 wrote: »
    Shame Paul didn't win, seemed to be a very nice chap.

Hopefully there will be another run and he'll get another go.
    Although the way in which professional quizzers like Paul and before him the Australian Mark dominated in the last two weeks of the run meant it got fairly predictable, a sort of 'Spot the Egghead'.

No problem with Anne as host, she seemed in her element. But please less of the scripted puns. :yawn:
  • ep1987ep1987 Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The quality of contestants was obviously important and many were established tv quizzers.

An excellent show in my opinion although the format could be tweaked slightly.

Does anyone know what happened on the last show (the one after the two forgotten drops), it happemed to be one of the few i missed.
  • dsimillerdsimiller Posts: 1,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kimindex wrote: »
    I think it's fine the way it is. It's certainly harder than a lot of other quizzes.

Agreed,and Anne does grow on you,well on me anyway,but get rid of those dancing figures.
  • ohglobbitsohglobbits Posts: 4,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ep1987 wrote: »
    The quality of contestants was obviously important and many were established tv quizzers.

An excellent show in my opinion although the format could be tweaked slightly.

Does anyone know what happened on the last show (the one after the two forgotten drops), it happemed to be one of the few i missed.
    I couldn't tell although many were ex-Mastermind contestants but Mark and Paul who had such long runs both belonged to rival professional quiz teams. (I think Paul had beaten Mark's team) In the last show Paul still didn't get the prize so it will be rolled over or not as the case may be.
  • Chief_WiggumChief_Wiggum Posts: 6,173
    Forum Member
    I notice that Challenge has begun repeating this series in a 9.30am-10.30am daytime slot. Despite critics saying it was a flop and Cleverdicks having only produced 30 episodes, this show has been repeated many times across Sky Atlantic, Sky 1, and now Challenge.

Time for a second series?
    Forum Member
    Isn't Challenge a Sky brand?

If so it's cheap filler for their channels. They repeat alot of shows. Not all of them popular.