Universal Job Match - Do NOT sign!

Comments

• R410R410 Posts: 2,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's the one I used too and had to show it again at the job centre yesterday. The thing is, they should know this already and shouldn't need ME to tell them.
    I think they do know this, but deliberatly lie to people about it.
  • karapote monkeykarapote monkey Posts: 3,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's £2 an hour to use a library in Barking and Dagenham and you're not allowed to use it for more than one hour a day. For children it is a pound For thirty minutes. It was brought in around September/October time. We're a poor borough too, the next borough is rich and the computers a free.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    tmj83 wrote: »
    You see if people look us can see all this, CK, why on earth can't these morons in power? :rolleyes:
    Its time to make a stand.
    These morons have not learnt from the last time. Lets get them out of power now, Bring on the revolution, it is time.
  • bridgerrbridgerr Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    If only Queenie on her tour of the Bank of England a few days had the decency to ask "so where's all my money gone then chaps", instead of just going "well just don't do it again."

To think of how many banking philanthopists could become the modern-day Robin Hood and make a name for themselves the same way Elizabeth Fry gave employment and benefits to an otherwise suffering prison-force.
  • †¤AzumiMiyako¤††¤AzumiMiyako¤† Posts: 3,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jenzie wrote: »
    how did you get an ID LAST YEAR???

The government gateway ID isn't new! I can't even remember why I got one now or where I used it. The email is dated 10/08/2011.

I actually thought I had had it even longer than that and was surprised that it was only last year.
  • WhatJoeThinksWhatJoeThinks Posts: 11,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The government gateway ID isn't new! I can't even remember why I got one now or where I used it. The email is dated 10/08/2011.

I actually thought I had had it even longer than that and was surprised that it was only last year.
    I had a Government Gateway ID in 2000 IIRC.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had a Government Gateway ID in 2000 IIRC.

Is as old as that? Wow! I had no idea.

No idea why mine doesn't work anymore though:confused:

Does yours still work?
  • hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Best thing is find a job and sign off or get rich, I don't see the JSA as a income and don't like to be on it :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is as old as that? Wow! I had no idea.

No idea why mine doesn't work anymore though:confused:

Does yours still work?
    I don't have it any more, nor can I remember why I had it in the first place. I do remember it being in my wallet for many years though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Best thing is find a job and sign off or get rich, I don't see the JSA as a income and don't like to be on it :(

me neither :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 88
    Forum Member
    krok wrote: »
    Its time to make a stand.
    These morons have not learnt from the last time. Lets get them out of power now, Bring on the revolution, it is time.

I couldn't agree more! It is long overdue.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jenzie wrote: »

what i meant to say was what they ask you WHEN they log into the system!

they asked for my e-mail address, but we as jobseekers don't login to our accounts with our e-mail address

They'll ask for your e-mail address on the first occasion. They need the e-mail address with which you signed up for a Government Gateway account, so that they can locate the account on their system. They then somehow create a second username and password for your account which allows them to access it, provided that you have ticked the box allowing this.
    Shadow2009 wrote: »
    I've been "recommended" at least 15 jobs and NONE of them have an "apply" button!!

I think that might be because the system hasn't matched the required skills in the job advert to those you've entered on your profile. It could just as easily be a bug though.
  • tracystapestracystapes Posts: 3,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where is the petition to sign?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where is the petition to sign?
    (Bump!) Good question.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    Indeed, it just doesn't add up when taken all together.

There was a Panorama programme on last night that touched on the existing changes already brought in. The changes already made are one of the reasons (along with the crash in the economy etc.) that had resulted in a 23% rise in homelessness last year. Councils, charities and the like fully expect the situation to get much worse when the new changes come in, coupled with cuts to council services that is already seeing some charities who help the homeless being unable to help new clients, or even shutting down completely.

We're seeing a large rise in soup kitchens,
    we're seeing a large rise in food banks,
    we're seeing a large rise in homelessness,
    we're seeing a large rise in household bills,
    we're seeing a large rise in the number of sanctions (apparently up from a few thousand in 2010 to tens of thousands last year)
    we're seeing large cuts in housing benefits,
    we're seeing large cuts in Council Tax benefits,
    we're seeing cuts in Jobseekers Allowance and other benefits in real terms,
    we're seeing large cuts in council services,
    we're seeing large cuts in charity funds and charities closing.

The future for many looks pretty bleak already even before the new changes come in.

Huge number of part time workers who today claim partial housing and council tax benefits, currently left alone, will be brought into the Universal Credit umbrella, and have to sign on for the first time, constantly look for more money or more hours from their employers, or find new jobs otherwise they face sanctions. They will also be sent on programmes like WorkFare or the Work Programme. Volunteer organisations and charities are worried too, because UC rules propose a cap of volunteering of 17.5 hours per week, and if a volunteer goes above that limit could face sanctions and loss of benefits. Plus when they are sent on WorkFare they could well have to give up their volunteering at a charity, and instead be forced to "volunteer" full time at the likes of Poundland instead, or face sanctions. So it seems it's not OK to volunteer at a charity full time, thereby actually helping the less fortunate, but it IS OK to "volunteer" full time at a private company who already reports huge profits. That just seems weird.

Then there are the proposals for a mandatory 35 hour job search per week for anyone receiving Universal Credit, and the belief that almost everyone broadband hence the electronic sign on system. Yet they fail to factor in that, with the cuts to JSA (in real terms), the cuts to housing and council tax benefits, many people may have to cancel their broadband subscriptions as they may not be able to afford them. Go to the library to do your mandatory 35 hour jobsearch, says Ian Duncan Smith and the DWP. Not at £1 an hour, and certainly not if you have no local library because it's been close due to council cuts. So go an internet cafe they say, certainly not at £1.50 an hour and staff aren't going to be too happy about a bunch of jobless people hogging their systems for 8 hours a day. Ok, go to a friends house. I have good friends, but most work and I doubt they'd be happy at me turning up to use their computer for 8 hours a day, every day when they are not there.

Many of the proposals really haven't had much thought put into then. :(

Good post. It's just a shame that the useless government can't see what they are doing to people. We're definitely NOT 'all in it together'!

I'd love to win the lottery. I'd give some money to friends/family, take myself travelling round the world, bank some for a rainy day/to live off and give substantial amounts to charity. I'd still want to work and look for a job but at least I wouldn't have to suffer the humiliation of the job centre. Just been referred to the work programme too and after the first group introduction thing last week, I'm not impressed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sarah0890 wrote: »
    Good post. It's just a shame that the useless government can't see what they are doing to people. We're definitely NOT 'all in it together'!
    Of couse they can see what they're doing, they just don't give a f*ck about us. They're toffs and we're all serfs. Then of course there's the 1000s of self-styled 'middle class' people who think that because they earn a decent wage that they're bourgeois, and look down their noses at the proletariat. The truth is that we're all just people and this divide and conquer government regime has to stop. I predict a riot next Summer (the British are fair-weather rioters) and this time they won't be able to focus on the youth looting shops, they'll be forced to acknowledge that there's a major problem and that the people won't stand idly by and take it up the arse.

*Rant over*
    Forum Member
    Of couse they can see what they're doing, they just don't give a f*ck about us. They're toffs and we're all serfs. Then of course there's the 1000s of self-styled 'middle class' people who think that because they earn a decent wage that they're bourgeois, and look down their noses at the proletariat. The truth is that we're all just people and this divide and conquer government regime has to stop. I predict a riot next Summer (the British are fair-weather rioters) and this time they won't be able to focus on the youth looting shops, they'll be forced to acknowledge that there's a major problem and that the people won't stand idly by and take it up the arse.

*Rant over*
    When the people realise that come April 2013 and they have to pay 29% council tax and 14% bedroom tax from their £71 weekly benefit i think everyone will then wake up.
    Thats with all the sanctions what we will get and then universal credit.
    How can any one live, you will find more people becoming homeless, more crime and riots everywhere. Dont the goverment understand what they are doing to its people.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 313
    Forum Member
    Lesnar wrote: »
    The new Universal Job Match is not compulsory to use if you are a benefit claimant and you CANNOT be sanctioned for not registering with the service.

... http://consent.me.uk/

http://www.boycottworkfare.org/ ...

SERCO staff have been trained to present it as though it is mandatory, without actually saying it.

If this happens to you, explicitly ask if it is mandatory - they are legally obliged to tell you it isn't. According to the training at least.

*whistles innocently*
  • Superstar99Superstar99 Posts: 1,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When the people realise that come April 2013 and they have to pay 29% council tax and 14% bedroom tax from their £67 weekly benefit i think everyone will then wake up.
    Thats with all the sanctions what we will get and then universal credit.
    How can any one live, you will find more people becoming homeless, more crime and riots everywhere. Dont the goverment understand what they are doing to its people.

Completely agree with this. At the moment people are hoping that things change, the real cuts and changes to the system are yet to come into effect but when they do, god help this country.

People will look at their situation, possibility of losing their home, not enough money to pay for food and the essential bills such as heating and lighting, as well as being victimised about their situation by the media and govt who attack anyone on benefits on daily basis.

In all likelyhood they would be better of committing a serious crime and being sent to prison where they will have a roof over their head, a bed to sleep in and food and warmth. I know what choice I would make!
    Forum Member
    Looks like DWP have started to reduce their staff. Im afraid that they will be joining us soon, and will have to be joining the Universal jobmatch themselves.
    They are having a ballot for strike action on the 12th December and will end on 10th January.
    I think they realise now that when everything is computerised then there will be no need for them.
    I hope they vote to strike .
    http://www.pcs.org.uk/en/department_for_work_and_pensions_group/dwp-news.cfm/id/445A0B51-626B-4885-A4DC8D1013B0E35D
  • Convict99Convict99 Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    It is being rumoured one will have to do XX amount of hours per week jobsearch for non existing vacancies and spoof jobs and if one does not meet the the required number of hours one will automatically be sanctioned.

Firstly, do not declare that you have a home computer as eventually this will go against you with expectations that you have all the time and money in the world to spend XX amount of hours per day and have no life.

If you have already declared that you have one then it is not beyond the realms of possibility that it has suddenly developed a fault and fried your hard drive.

As you are struggling on basic JSA you could ask them for help in getting it repaired...........don't hold your breath!

Better to say you have no computer, the local free library access only allows you 1 or 2 hours a day and Internet Cafes cost upwards of £1 per hour and that you simple cannot afford that.

Therefore the only alternative to meet these jobsearch requirements is via your Work Programme Provider.

As the average WP Provider has 500 customers/clients/serfs on it's books let's see how they cope with up to 500 people per day wanting to use the 10 computers for XX amount of hours per day not to mention reimbursing travel costs etc.

Let the chaos ensue, sit back and relax as, hopefully, it all crumbles beneath you.
  • bridgerrbridgerr Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    Looks like DWP have started to reduce their staff. Im afraid that they will be joining us soon, and will have to be joining the Universal jobmatch themselves.
    They are having a ballot for strike action on the 12th December and will end on 10th January.
    I think they realise now that when everything is computerised then there will be no need for them.
    I hope they vote to strike .
    http://www.pcs.org.uk/en/department_for_work_and_pensions_group/dwp-news.cfm/id/445A0B51-626B-4885-A4DC8D1013B0E35D

No sympathy from me i'm afraid, I warned these crooks who sanctioned my last JSA claim that soon their own jobs will be replaced by a skeleton crew manning call-stations on contratual basis.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has anyone been put on the Ingeus programme?
  • CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bridgerr wrote: »
    No sympathy from me i'm afraid, I warned these crooks who sanctioned my last JSA claim that soon their own jobs will be replaced by a skeleton crew manning call-stations on contratual basis.
    yes I am generally against cuts in the public sector for the sake of it, but so few Job Centre staff are in anyway anywhere close to helpful, they dont get my support.

As long as I continue to get my JSA, the Job Centre staff can be staffed by kittens for all I care, its the only thing ive ever gotten from the JSA, despite much pretending from them, they are about alot more than benefits.
  • tracystapestracystapes Posts: 3,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where is the link to the petition!?
This discussion has been closed.