So we're agreed, Ella Henderson will be a huge star?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87
Forum Member
Because she will, all she needs is an excellent first love song (not a cover), and then maybe a dance song with an established producer (David Guetta/Calvin Harris)...

And then shes World Wide....

Comments

• LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    I can't see it happening personally but I do think she has a great voice.
  • AndybearAndybear Posts: 11,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, we're not all agreed. I've never understood all the fuss about her and still don't.
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    No the most success I can see her having a string of top 10 possibly top 5 hits. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope...fade into obscurity and appear on something like DOI or something like that
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 126
    Forum Member
    she was outstanding last night at the live tour. Stole the show with her audition song and believe
  • String9String9 Posts: 12,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think she will do as well as Amelia Lily and Mischa B.
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    String9 wrote: »
    I think she will do as well as Amelia Lily and Mischa B.

Ella has more creative control than Amelia and is more mainstream than Misha B. I have a feeling she'll do better than both.

Ella's done one of her original songs btw on Xtra Factor, check it out on her appreciation thread (2nd last page).
  • rated_2000rated_2000 Posts: 2,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see it myself, never have. I think she is overrated

to me it seems like they are trying to pass her off as a young adele just cause she kind of looks like her.

her voice grates on me
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 109,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ella has more creative control than Amelia and is more mainstream than Misha B. I have a feeling she'll do better than both.

Ella's done one of her original songs btw on Xtra Factor, check it out on her appreciation thread (2nd last page).

Ella will sing whatever ballads she is told to sing.

Didn't realise Misha B was doing well:confused:

She will do ok better than Jahmeme but that nots saying much
  • unicornsunicorns Posts: 177
    Forum Member
    rated_2000 wrote: »

to me it seems like they are trying to pass her off as a young adele just cause she kind of looks like her.

her voice grates on me

Same. Her voice is annoying. I don't like it at all. I think she's overrated.
  • 4troy74troy7 Posts: 8,925
    Forum Member
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    Ella will sing whatever ballads she is told to sing.

Didn't realise Misha B was doing well:confused:

She will do ok better than Jahmeme but that nots saying much
    She is doing alright had a top 10 last year and a number 11 single plus nominated and performed at the Mobos and supported Nicki Minaj on tour with the album coming out sometime in March so she has done alright for herself so far. But regarding Ella if she releases the right materail and gets supported by radio then I can see her doing alright.
  • SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    unicorns wrote: »
    Same. Her voice is annoying. I don't like it at all. I think she's overrated.
    rated_2000 wrote: »

her voice grates on me

Agree was gonna post the same...
  • yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    Ella has a beautiful voice and it seems she can knock up a good tune. I do hope the public go with her, we need more natural talent, less Cher Lloyds and more Ellas.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Impossible to say until we've heard her first record. But I want her to do well.
  • WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ella has a beautiful voice and it seems she can knock up a good tune. I do hope the public go with her, we need more natural talent, less Cher Lloyds and more Ellas.

I completely disagree. Ella is so bland and boring and there is nothing 'special' about her.

Cher, on the other hand, oozes star quality. The moment she walked onto the X Factor stage it was apparent that she was going to be a star. Thats why, looking at the voting percentages from both series, that Cher was more popular.
  • yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    I completely disagree. Ella is so bland and boring and there is nothing 'special' about her.

Cher, on the other hand, oozes star quality. The moment she walked onto the X Factor stage it was apparent that she was going to be a star. Thats why, looking at the voting percentages from both series, that Cher was more popular.

More popular with the teenies, yes, but not with those who know something about music. They really are not in the same league.

Ella writes music, plays the piano and sings sensationally. She is streets ahead of Cher in every way.
  • gavin shipmangavin shipman Posts: 9,720
    Forum Member
    Ella is great but the personality wasn't there for me on the show I hope she does well though.

About the Cher comment. She has done extremely well and deserves to be where she is right now. Yes she was slightly over confident on the show but she has worked hard and has now cracked America.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    More popular with the teenies, yes, but not with those who know something about music. They really are not in the same league.

Ella writes music, plays the piano and sings sensationally. She is streets ahead of Cher in every way.

It's all good and well being able to sing 'sensationally' (which i disagree about, as i found her voice bland) you need to have something special and unique about you to become a success. As much as i cannot stand Amelia Lily - she has got something special about her. Ella did nothing that hasn't been done before on X Factor - Cher was the first person to go on X Factor with a Unique style - she knew where she wanted to go with her music and what kind of artist she was.

I know something about Music, i have a degree in the subject. Ella can sing in tune. Woop woop. Singing in tune isn't enough to get you anywhere these days. You have got to have that special something - Rebecca Ferguson, One Direction, Misha B, Amelia Lily, Cher Lloyd and Leona Lewis all have that. Whatever 'that' is - Ella does not have it.
  • FatfeatheryowlFatfeatheryowl Posts: 957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Hmm opinion not fact methinks. Nothing against Ella, hope she does well, but I do have my doubts about her star quality though there's no doubting she has a voice. Question is, is it enough in her case?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's all good and well being able to sing 'sensationally' (which i disagree about, as i found her voice bland) you need to have something special and unique about you to become a success. As much as i cannot stand Amelia Lily - she has got something special about her. Ella did nothing that hasn't been done before on X Factor - Cher was the first person to go on X Factor with a Unique style - she knew where she wanted to go with her music and what kind of artist she was.

I know something about Music, i have a degree in the subject. Ella can sing in tune. Woop woop. Singing in tune isn't enough to get you anywhere these days. You have got to have that special something - Rebecca Ferguson, One Direction, Misha B, Amelia Lily, Cher Lloyd and Leona Lewis all have that. Whatever 'that' is - Ella does not have it.

I wouldnt say her voice is sensational (I've heard a lot better) - but often it has to be more than this. It is also about image, and connecting with the public. Not sure if she has either of these two attributes. Look at Madonna/Robbie Wiliams/Rihanna - in my opinion none of these can sing particularly well but have something that the public connect with, be it stage presence/adaptability to different genres, etc. I dont believe the artists you mentioned above have that - and it will be interesting to see if 1D survive the current market of teenagers that they are aimed at when those teenagers exit that age group.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Michelle32 wrote: »
    I wouldnt say her voice is sensational (I've heard a lot better) - but often it has to be more than this. It is also about image, and connecting with the public. Not sure if she has either of these two attributes. Look at Madonna/Robbie Wiliams/Rihanna - in my opinion none of these can sing particularly well but have something that the public connect with, be it stage presence/adaptability to different genres, etc. I dont believe the artists you mentioned above have that - and it will be interesting to see if 1D survive the current market of teenagers that they are aimed at when those teenagers exit that age group.

Agree with everything you said in bold!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,671
    Forum Member
    She's very overrated imo. Her voice is annoying and her personality was so bland that they had to keep telling us she was only SIXTEEN every 5 seconds :rolleyes:. Anyway I don't think she's any more mainstream than the likes of Amelia and Misha, and I can already imagine what her own material will be like.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think she'll get anywhere. She has nothing unique and there are artists like her already who are better.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She got eliminated week 1 or something and got beat by Marcus. She ain't nothing special in my opinion.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Teflon Don wrote: »
    She got eliminated week 1 or something and got beat by Marcus. She ain't nothing special in my opinion.

Don't forget being in the bottom the first week she was publicly voted for. If she hadn't been kicked out and brought back so late she never would have made it to that point in the competition.