PS3 Update 4.46 out.

koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
Just a heads up for those who don't know.

You can now hide notifications when you earn a trophy.

An issue in which the XMB™ (XrossMediaBar) Menu is not displayed after updating the system software to version 4.45 was observed. This version of the system software addresses this issue.

If the XMB Menu is not displayed, you must perform the update by starting the system in Safe Mode. Visit faq.en.playstation.com to find out how.

Comments

• sheep88sheep88 Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the trophy notifications don't annoy me they usually come up when you've done whatever you are doing. It's the online offline thing that annoys me sometimes if i'm trying to do a difficult part of a game it can be distracting.
  • GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sheep88 wrote: »
    the trophy notifications don't annoy me they usually come up when you've done whatever you are doing. It's the online offline thing that annoys me sometimes if i'm trying to do a difficult part of a game it can be distracting.

I have always had that feature turned off as it annoys me too especially when watching a movie.
  • GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just installed the update on my 60GB PS3, seems to have worked fine which is good :D
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just ran the update, everything seem fine.
  • gothergother Posts: 14,654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just installed update on my 500gb superslim and it's fine so far.
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Left my trophy notifications on, I like to know when I have done enough grinding ;):D

We should have a poll about this, who's on and who's off?
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    You know when I read about Trophy Improvements I was kinda hoping they switched to the Vita/PS4 style for Trophy Pop Ups where it slides out quickly and slides away. Just an option to turn the notification on or off seems a little lackluster, especially after all the trouble caused. :p
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ive left mine on. Prefer knowing ive done it as I do it
  • TheVoidTheVoid Posts: 3,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Installed on my 1TB PS3 and all good here.
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gormond wrote: »
    I have always had that feature turned off as it annoys me too especially when watching a movie.

That feature is so annoying, where do you turn it off?
  • NorfolkBoy1NorfolkBoy1 Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That feature is so annoying, where do you turn it off?

Same question here! although I'm sure I could find it if I tried.