Problems with Be Broadband

stu64stu64 Posts: 5,273
Forum Member
Been with BE for 4 years now and always found them to be one of the best around but as of the last 2 months I have lost all faith in them.

I started to notice that from 2pm until around 7/8pm I would get no end of disconnections, only for say 2 minutes but this would happen around 15 times a day.

So I got in contact with BE, who did some line tests over the week, I brought new filters, plugged straight in to the test socket and still the problems happened. BE came back to me and told me everything their end was fine and the fault must be my end.

So I phoned up BT got them to do some test and I also did quite line tests at different times of the day, all of this came back fine. After this , BE agreed to send me a new modem out, which I got a couple of weeks ago.

This is the strange part, when I used the new modem for the first time in weeks I got no disconnections for 3 whole days, the longest I had been without one in ages, so I finally thought it was all solved...but no. The problems then started again, this time though it was different.

Instead of having disconnections in the afternoon/early evening time, I would get 4/5 disconnections throughout the whole day, after each one, the connection would be stable for around 4 hours before the next disconnection.

This Tuesday BE agreed to send a BT engineer out to test all my phone lines and my exchange cabinet. He was here for 2 hours and 1 hour at the exchange, everything came back fine, no faults at all.

Yet I am still getting disconnections as of today but BE will still not accept it is their fault, despite everything my end now being proved to be working fine.

What can I do?

Comments

• EarakeEarake Posts: 1,808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Download (free) Routerstats...

http://www.vwlowen.co.uk/internet/files.htm

and monitor the SNRM graph preferably with the router plugged into the test socket.

The problem could be REIN.....

http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/rein.htm
  • dazbdazb Posts: 3,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Simple answer leave Be, i was with them for 4 years to but after a while they just went down hill. A shame really because they were good.
  • stu64stu64 Posts: 5,273
    Forum Member
    Thanks for those links, will get on with that now. See what results I get.

I have asked BE for a MAC code, just waiting to see if they let me have one. I agree about BE, they seem to be having a lot of trouble as of late. Their forums seem to have quite a few people who are having similar trouble that I am.
    Forum Member
    Well BE have said I am not allowed a MAC code as I am under contract.

What is very annoying is the fact I only have 5 weeks left of the contract, surely after 4 years of being with them and now with this daily trouble I am having, you would think they could just allow me to leave 5 weeks early.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stu64 wrote: »

Whether you're within contract or not makes no difference to the issue of a MAC.....obviously you would need to pay off the balance of the contract if you use it, but no ISP can refuse to issue a MAC based on those grounds.
  • ZenithZenith Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What is very annoying is the fact I only have 5 weeks left of the contract, surely after 4 years of being with them and now with this daily trouble I am having, you would think they could just allow me to leave 5 weeks early.
    What kind of contract are you on?

After the first year don't you just pay a monthly rolling contract & can cancel at any time?
    Forum Member
    Zenith wrote: »
    What kind of contract are you on?

After the first year don't you just pay a monthly rolling contract & can cancel at any time?

I was on one of those for a while but they offered me 3 months for free if agreed a 12 month contract and seeing as before this year , I had never had any trouble, 3 months for free was a good offer.

Just a shame to see them be like this as always recommended them highly but since I first raised this with them, 2 months ago, we are no nearer a fix or a solution and everything is moving so slow.

I did ask if I could have some money taken off my next bill due to all the connection problems I have been having. They told me I have had over 200 disconnections in the last 2 months alone with this, but they said they can't offer me no discount for my trouble.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And what does the Routerstats graph show ?
  • chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps they need to read the Ofcom rules then?

http://ask.ofcom.org.uk/help/internet-service/MAC

There are circumstances where a MAC can be refused. But as you see from that link "being on contract" ain't one of them.
  • dazbdazb Posts: 3,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Phone them up again and demand your mac even if you have to pay out the remainder of your contract if they dont allow it contact Ofcom.
  • airfixairfix Posts: 3,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hopefully you waited a week and gave them the statutory one month notice period.

Are you staying with BE now they have been snapped up by Sky?