CZJ and Michael Douglas split

Comments

• nerdgirlfromthek83nerdgirlfromthek83 Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow was not expecting that - I thought she doesn't believe in divorce.
  • *Cadhla**Cadhla* Posts: 1,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He got himself a loose tongue this past year (haha I sound like a hill-billy from W Virginia) and began to talk about his ex-wife, and really humiliated Catherine!! Tbf, he comes across as a foolish man and she is better than him!
  • fefsterfefster Posts: 7,388
    Forum Member
    *Cadhla* wrote: »
    He got himself a loose tongue this past year (haha I sound like a hill-billy from W Virginia) and began to talk about his ex-wife, and really humiliated Catherine!! Tbf, he comes across as a foolish man and she is better than him!

Maybe so but 13 years hints as a very close connection at some point, sad really.
    I don't think she coped well with his cancer.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's all happening in the celeb's love lives this week!

I'm not surprised about this. All that stuff about vaginas giving him throat cancer, and how he must go down on CZJ regularly to beat his cancer - who would hang around after that?

Treat yourself to a toy boy this time Catherine, you've earned it!
  • BreadstixBreadstix Posts: 10,387
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    13 years for a celeb marriage is pretty good going.
  • CFCJM1CFCJM1 Posts: 2,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like he's the one instigating it. That's a surprise as always thought she'd be the one to run off with a younger man at some stage.
  • *Cadhla**Cadhla* Posts: 1,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fefster wrote: »
    Maybe so but 13 years hints as a very close connection at some point, sad really.

Mmmnnn...yes, you could be right. Cancer is VERY hard to deal with (I know from personal experience as most of us can) but how MD talked about it was pretty humiliating for Catherine, I thought.
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Get in. After seeing her in red2 ive now got a chance
  • Nicola32Nicola32 Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    Aww...that's a shame. :(
  • _Magnum__Magnum_ Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    I never saw that one coming.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    wow :( that's a shame
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Interesting how it's always the man's fault and the woman can always do better before anyone really knows the facts of the separation. Not having a go at anyone in particular. It's just interesting how sides are taken very early in this sort of thing.
  • JusticarJusticar Posts: 1,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like he's getting too old to bother with her bipolar. And wtf does he look like with that dyed hair, oh my god.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Interesting how it's always the man's fault and the woman can always do better before anyone really knows the facts of the separation. Not having a go at anyone in particular. It's just interesting how sides are taken very early in this sort of thing.

Not always, but in this case it was a good guess. His public behaviour recently must have been extremely embarrassing for her.

And she can do better, that's just a fact. I still remember the reaction when she first got together with him. Extreme bemusement.
  • Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wasn't she an ex of John Leslie?

Wonder how that relationship would've gone if they had stayed together?
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    Shame but I'm not totally surprised tbh. Anybody remember the blind items on them? Not totally correct but halfway there if the latest articles are true, I am sure there is some addiction issue with CZJ but I could be way off:o
  • John DoughJohn Dough Posts: 146,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Westy2 wrote: »
    Wasn't she an ex of John Leslie?

Wonder how that relationship would've gone if they had stayed together?

It probably wouldn't have survived all his troubles,that really is one poor sod who was 'hung out to dry' by the gutter press.:(
  • jannajanna Posts: 7,323
    Forum Member
    I know what you mean, but to be fair his interviews recently contained way too much personal info for comfort so it is sort of logical to assume she was annoyed at him . I thought at the time they were brave discussing it so openly but I still cringed just a bit too. So without reading the link I had wrongly assumed CZ had binned him.
    Either way,they seemed to have a good run for a Hollywood marriage.
  • uniqueunique Posts: 12,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i have no idea what she saw in the multimillionaire actor in the first place
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^ Really resent that comment. I find it quite low, considering they have stuck by each other through the most difficult times in their lives.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    downtonfan wrote: »
    ^^ Really resent that comment. I find it quite low, considering they have stuck by each other through the most difficult times in their lives.

Absolutely spot on. They've been through it a lot together and this is why i'm so surprised at this announcement.
  • di60di60 Posts: 5,432
    Forum Member
    fefster wrote: »

I don't think he coped well with her problem :cool:

http://snarkerati.com/celebrity-gossip/files/2011/02/catherine-zeta-jones-paparazzi.jpg
    whatever54 wrote: »
    Shame but I'm not totally surprised tbh. Anybody remember the blind items on them? Not totally correct but halfway there if the latest articles are true, I am sure there is some addiction issue with CZJ but I could be way off:o

personally I don't think you are....
  • hunniebunhunniebun Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always think it's so sad when marriages break down - especially relatively long marriages like theirs.

But the last few years with Michaels cancer and Catherines mental health issues must have really tested their relationship - some marriages come out stronger after facing such things as they have - and some marriages crumble.

I do hope they manage the split amicably for the sake of their children - and I hope that Catherines mental health issues improve when she no longer has to face her marriage crumbling around her - it can't have helped her ability to cope. Mental health issues are hard enough to deal with when the rest of their lives are going smoothly - and can only imagine the effect a crumbling marriage would have on someone who's mental health is so vulnerable.
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sad to read this, if true. For one of Hollywood's 'golden couples' they have had it rough. Actually, lots of these Hollywood people seem to have tragic undercurrents to their lives. Makes one wonder if fame and wealth really are 'all that'. They seem to come at such a high personal cost.