'Neck Nominations' The new Facebook craze

Comments

• jude007jude007 Posts: 2,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    irishfeen wrote: »
    Or I could do it and nominate no one ....

Or you could be even smarter and tell anyone who nominates you to "P*** off" and go and make a nice cup of tea instead!!
  • irishfeenirishfeen Posts: 10,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jude007 wrote: »
    Or you could be even smarter and tell anyone who nominates you to "P*** off" and go and make a nice cup of tea instead!!
    But there is nothing particularly wrong with drinking a pint - be that over a half hour or in one go ... It's the people who drink a stupid amount of it is the problem.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I tell you it's hard to say no when almost every single one of the lads have done it.... As I said I'm undecided.

Grow a pair
  • flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    But there is nothing particularly wrong with drinking a pint - be that over a half hour or in one go ... It's the people who drink a stupid amount of it is the problem.

my understanding is that the idea is to out do the previous person each time?

so a necessary consequence of continuing this chain is that at some point it will escalate to a point were it is unsafe.
  • exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    Jumping off cliffs should be the next one, it will help rid us of halfwits.
  • PuddinPuddin Posts: 439
    Forum Member
    Don't get what the fuss is about. I did it last night and it was hilarious. (They don't know it was alcohol free beer in a coors glass :D)
  • GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    Puddin wrote: »
    Don't get what the fuss is about. I did it last night and it was hilarious. (They don't know it was alcohol free beer in a coors glass :D)

Two people died, yeah, hilarious.
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 33,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No what was i was thinking then.

Was going to nominate Deidre :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    flagpole wrote: »
    my understanding is that the idea is to out do the previous person each time?

so a necessary consequence of continuing this chain is that at some point it will escalate to a point were it is unsafe.
    We'll among the lads I'm buddies with who have done it it's always just been beer or cider but the setting is different.
    Forum Member
    Goaty wrote: »
    Two people died, yeah, hilarious.

I didn't kill them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Grow a pair
    Ah I'm adequately blessed in that department I can tell you :p .... You see my thinking is that from what I have seen 99% of videos has been funny, harmless and a bit of a laugh with people being sensible.
  • GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    Ah I'm adequately blessed in that department I can tell you :p .... You see my thinking is that from what I have seen 99% of videos has been funny, harmless and a bit of a laugh with people being sensible.

So you kept boosting about that on this thread. two people just died, other people could be soon when it backfire soon than late.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If you can't say no just because all of your friends have done it then I find that sad. And bit of a sheep following everybody else.

Are people that weak these days to not say no to their peers?
  • DrFlowDemandDrFlowDemand Posts: 2,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not going to do it because I don't drink at the moment but I don't think the game itself is so terrible, just that some people are a bit stupid. I don't understand why people are being so harsh to irish, if he wants to make a funny video of himself downing a pint of cider and then nominate a friend to do the same, why not?
    Forum Member
    I'm not going to do it because I don't drink at the moment but I don't think the game itself is so terrible, just that some people are a bit stupid. I don't understand why people are being so harsh to irish, if he wants to make a funny video of himself downing a pint of cider and then nominate a friend to do the same, why not?

Finally a voice of reason.
  • PinkPetuniaPinkPetunia Posts: 5,479
    Forum Member
    " shamed for not taking part " ???

I would be ashamed to be so bloody stupid to follow this idiotic nonsense
    Forum Member

What about the guy who died after downing a pint of whiskey ?
    Forum Member
    Puddin wrote: »

Why dont you carry on then .? Keep it going until another dies ? Oh so hilarious isnt it ?
  • Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge Posts: 16,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Never heard of it. I prefer to do drinking games at parties rather than over Facebook.
  • jude007jude007 Posts: 2,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Sound awful I know, but if these people are that stupid to do this, then maybe the world is a better place without them.

As someone said, will cliff jumping be the next thing:confused:

They are all a pile of stupid idiots, so if they want to kill themselves, let them.

Don't want to re-produce and create even more idiots.
  • gulliverfoylegulliverfoyle Posts: 6,318
    Forum Member
    its the level of the people who are on fb so enough said
  • Joey_JJoey_J Posts: 5,146
    Forum Member
    its the level of the people who are on fb so enough said

Does that level apply to the 1 Billion people on Facebook?
  • DrFlowDemandDrFlowDemand Posts: 2,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What about him? Drinking a pint of whiskey is silly and will likely do you severe harm if it doesn't kill you. My friends and I know this. If someone is over 18 and doesn't realise this too then something would have got them sooner or later, if it hadn't been the whiskey it would have been something else; some boy racers drive too fast and kill themselves and their friends, that doesn't mean we should ban spoilers though does it?
  • Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    jude007 wrote: »
    Sound awful I know, but if these people are that stupid to do this, then maybe the world is a better place without them.

As someone said, will cliff jumping be the next thing:confused:

They are all a pile of stupid idiots, so if they want to kill themselves, let them.

Don't want to re-produce and create even more idiots.

The film idiocracy springs to mind when thinking about the kinds of people that find this amusing. Its the parents/partners/friends i feel sorry for who have to go through the trauma of losing someone because they were too weak willed to not give in to peer pressure.

I did read that with facebook trying to stamp down on this craze a new one is threatening to emerge. Apparently the new fad involves people performing dangerous stunts in their cars, filming it and then challenging friends to out do them. Cant think how that could possibly be a bad idea :confused:
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Tt88 wrote: »
    I think its sad that people risk their health to be in the "in crowd".

The worst part is sensible people who dont follow the crowd are seen as dull, boring, party poopers. Although id rather be an uncool person than the coolest corpse in the mortuary.

I'm one of the sensible people who don't follow the crowd. Some might think I'm boring but I'm an individual and I have my own ideas. Why should I be a sheep? I can think for myself. I don't think I'll be going to any college nights out if this nonsense is going on. People I know won't try to pressure me into it and they know I don't have Facebook but those who don't know me probably would be pressuring me. I also don't enjoy sitting around watching others get drunk. Once I was on a college night out and several people were so legless they had to be carried out. Sad really :( It certainly won't do them any good in later life. I never understood the whole drinking culture. OK, some people enjoy the odd glass of wine with their dinner or a pint while watching football and that's fine, but what I don't understand is drinking games and getting so drunk you can hardly stand up or remember how you got home. I don't see the appeal :confused:
    Have this younger generation got no sense of individuality, though? It used to be quite cool to stand up against conformity. I even notice it with young female fashion. Kim Kardashian mixed with Miley Cyrus seems to be the way to go. If I saw a young woman dressed as a hippy on a night out I think I'd literally hug her at this stage.

I blame social media and celebrity culture for that. It seems to have created a "sheep" mentality where people only like or do something because it's the "in thing" and it's "trendy". People should make up their own minds on things. I'm sick of it. What happened to being individual? The world is so boring now with everyone trying to be the same.