Simon Cowell is he or isn't he??? (Part 2)

Comments

• glasgow67glasgow67 Posts: 6,287
    Forum Member
    I think Cowells gay, he looks gay and acts gay and gets gayer by the year.. Lets be honesy too what guy his age judges talent shows of young guys and girls singing and isn't gay?
  • ~Jane~~Jane~ Posts: 2,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jujubee wrote: »
    So is she coming back to London with him?

Let's hope not ;) She might have to go back to LA for 'work'
  • allie5allie5 Posts: 4,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ~Jane~ wrote: »
    Let's hope not ;) She might have to go back to LA for 'work'

:D Oh yes her burgeoning career....remind me, what IS that high powered job she has that keeps her 8000 miles away from her fiancee for several months? Anyone?? Bueller? Anyone???

If she is still a "make up artist" then she is the most rubbish one in whole wide world EVER the way she slaps acres of mascara and eye liner on men THAT DONT NEED IT. Plus the hideous "blusher" Simon was sporting at the Emmy's MUST have been the work of her wielding her make up brush of evil.

Well this whole charade is going completely tits up - an American showbiz site openly reported "Simon Cowell and his Fake Girlfriend hit the red carpet" yesterday...is it REALLY worth flogging this dead horse for much longer?
  • Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    allie5 wrote: »
    :D Oh yes her burgeoning career....remind me, what IS that high powered job she has that keeps her 8000 miles away from her fiancee for several months? Anyone?? Bueller? Anyone???

If she is still a "make up artist" then she is the most rubbish one in whole wide world EVER the way she slaps acres of mascara and eye liner on men THAT DONT NEED IT. Plus the hideous "blusher" Simon was sporting at the Emmy's MUST have been the work of her wielding her make up brush of evil.

Well this whole charade is going completely tits up - an American showbiz site openly reported "Simon Cowell and his Fake Girlfriend hit the red carpet" yesterday...is it REALLY worth flogging this dead horse for much longer?

No idea, her and her guyliner of doom (so never forgiving her for that) left Idol at the same time as Simon - is she on DWTS, any male contestants looking like they've got panda DNA this year?

They really messed up this casting, on paper it looked very promising, yet in reality...:rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can Simon pull this off with anyone? Maybe Terri was the exception. Even if he leaves it 2 years and hooks up with someone else, i can't see him successfully convincing the doubters. The British press have him sussed and make some snide comments, although less in print. The Americans don't seem prepared to mess with him so much. This scenario is not unusual in Hollywood and i actually do respect them for that. They play the game, Simon treats them well and they cut him some slack. It should not be their business to out anyone.

I suppose we nead to remember that the majority of Brits and Americans do believe Simon is straight, but on a personal level, this 'relationship' has made him miserable. I don't see why Max could not arrange dates for him with women from time to time, rather than a full blown relationship. People believe he's a workaholic, commitment phobe, so that would work better.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Max is at it.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2010/11/24/simon-cowell-pictured-with-fiancee-mezhgan-hussain-for-first-time-in-weeks-115875-22735974/
    Showing off her giant diamond engagement ring, Mezhgan, 37, and Simon, 51, kept stealing sneaky kisses from one another. One guest said: "They were quite the loved-up couple."

Oh, please...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Very lazy attempt from Max. Although i said most people believe Si is straight, they probably know him better than to believe this nonsense. He's not the sort of guy to kiss in public, even with a real partner.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MICH78 wrote: »
    Can Simon pull this off with anyone? Maybe Terri was the exception. Even if he leaves it 2 years and hooks up with someone else, i can't see him successfully convincing the doubters. The British press have him sussed and make some snide comments, although less in print. The Americans don't seem prepared to mess with him so much. This scenario is not unusual in Hollywood and i actually do respect them for that. They play the game, Simon treats them well and they cut him some slack. It should not be their business to out anyone.

I suppose we nead to remember that the majority of Brits and Americans do believe Simon is straight, but on a personal level, this 'relationship' has made him miserable. I don't see why Max could not arrange dates for him with women from time to time, rather than a full blown relationship. People believe he's a workaholic, commitment phobe, so that would work better.

I think Max is well past it to be honest. He has been on the record far too many times blabbing he "creates relationships" to keep gay clients closeted - it may have worked - 5 or 10 years ago but the world is more media savvy these days. With the advent of social networking, camera phones and global media coverage, what used to be a piece of cake (inventing stories, fabricating relationships and keeping the press under a tight reign) is much harder to do successfully.

He needs to move with the times - there are a thousand more convincing ways he can make a client appear to be what they want in the public eye. For someone like Simon who has been dogged (probably wrong choice of words :D) with gay rumours from day 1 and NEEDS to keep his "Mr Honest" reputation firmly in tact then its always going to be an uphill task, - in the UK anway.

The majority of the American public would not even consider for a nano second Simon was gay - they assume most British men are rather camp anyway and the "girlfriends" are always more obviously peddled there than here. He doesnt need to keep up this charade to keep his "ladies man" image in tact over there - a few stumbles out of lap dancing clubs and some convienient papping at the Playboy mansion used to work just as well.

I can only assume Fox demanded he appear "family friendly" before they agreed to shovel the millions of dollars he required for US XF. Hence the "engagement" and rather half hearted (but HUGELY reported) comments about children. It would be an unmitigated disaster if any gay rumours surfaced about him during the launch of his shiny new show. Simon is driven by money and its the only explanation I can come to as to WHY he would continue with this pantomime with Kerching.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Max is well past it to be honest. He has been on the record far too many times blabbing he "creates relationships" to keep gay clients closeted - it may have worked - 5 or 10 years ago but the world is more media savvy these days. With the advent of social networking, camera phones and global media coverage, what used to be a piece of cake (inventing stories, fabricating relationships and keeping the press under a tight reign) is much harder to do successfully.

He needs to move with the times - there are a thousand more convincing ways he can make a client appear to be what they want in the public eye. For someone like Simon who has been dogged (probably wrong choice of words :D) with gay rumours from day 1 and NEEDS to keep his "Mr Honest" reputation firmly in tact then its always going to be an uphill task, at in the UK anway.

The majority of the American public would not even consider for a nano second Simon was gay - they assume most British men are rather camp anyway and the "girlfriends" are always more obviously peddled there than here. He doesnt need to keep up this charade to keep his "ladies man" image in tact over there - a few stumbles out of lap dancing clubs and some convienient papping at the Playboy mansion used to work just as well.

I can only assume Fox demanded he appear "family friendly" before they agreed to shovel the millions of dollars he required for US XF. Hence the "engagement" and rather half hearted (but HUGELY reported) comments about children. It would be an unmitigated disaster if any gay rumours surfaced about him during the launch of his shiny new show. Simon is driven by money and its the only explanation I can come to as to WHY he would continue with this pantomime with Kerching.

All so true. Actually Max has come out of this even worse than Simon. For all his experience and the money he's paid, i can't believe he hasn't planned this more convincingly. I don't like the way he's so keen to boast about stars and football players who he keeps in the closet, it's going against the grain of his job and unprofessional to feed the gossip even more.

For Simon, the problem just as much as being outed itself, like you say Allie, is that his Mr Honest reputation would be tarnished. 2 issues, as if being gay is not a big enough no no on primetime family TV in the US. The biggest issue is Murdoch & Fox. He can't really go against them. Huge Hollywood stars stay in the closet, Simon's not prepared to be the flag waver of brave out and proud gay men. It's business first for him and he's probably right. It's Max who has let him down.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe he looks so miserable in the pictures because his beard is so incompetent she can't even pick a dress that compliments his nice navy suit ;) Funny how they didn't talk about that during one of their daily three hour chats :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stargirl90 wrote: »
    Maybe he looks so miserable in the pictures because his beard is so incompetent she can't even pick a dress that compliments his nice navy suit ;) Funny how they didn't talk about that during one of their daily three hour chats :rolleyes:

I wonder what they DO talk about during these epic chinwags? Or do we think thats just a load of made up bullcrap?? :D

Love how one paper (The Mail) says he was wooden and unresponsive to her, yet another (The Mirror) says they were "loved up" and "stole kisses" - <oddly though, not ONE of the phalanx of paparazzi managed to get THAT photo though..how very very strange :confused:.

In other completely (un)related news ;)...earlier our favourite Cynical Tome, The Daily Mail printed a corker of a head line..I quote...

Ryan Seacrest and Julianne Hough continue their love fest in Gay Paris :D:D - but now they have removed it!! I guess The Powers That Be didnt see the funny side ;) - it will probably be back shortly with a slightly less hilariously suggestive headline....

Edit to add - its back and the headline remains unchanged - yay Daily Mail :D

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1332430/Ryan-Seacrest-Julianne-Hough-continue-romantic-love-fest-gay-Paris.html
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder what they DO talk about during these epic chinwags? Or do we think thats just a load of made up bullcrap??

Love how one paper (The Mail) says he was wooden and unresponsive to her, yet another (The Mirror) says they were "loved up" and "stole kisses" - <oddly though, not ONE of the phalanx of paparazzi managed to get THAT photo though..how very very strange :confused:.

In other completely (un)related news ;)...earlier our favourite Cynical Tome, The Daily Mail printed a corker of a head line..I quote...

Ryan Seacrest and Julianne Hough continue their love fest in Gay Paris :D:D - but now they have removed it!! I guess The Powers That Be didnt see the funny side ;) - it will probably be back shortly with a slightly less hilariously suggestive headline....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1332430/Ryan-Seacrest-Julianne-Hough-continue-romantic-love-fest-gay-Paris.html

I saw that! Was just about to post about it :D VERY subtle there by DM :rolleyes:, also, BONUS POINTS for use of the word of the moment - SMITTEN ;)

Must say though, Julianne and Ryan are much more convincing, they look like they have a lot of fun together. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stargirl90 wrote: »
    I saw that! Was just about to post about it :D VERY subtle there by DM :rolleyes:, also, BONUS POINTS for use of the word of the moment - SMITTEN ;)

Must say though, Julianne and Ryan are much more convincing, they look like they have a lot of fun together. :)

It was a masterpiece wasnt it? Loved how the word SMITTEN was nicely slotted in!

How lucky ickle Ry Ry was finding a Mormon Virgin to be his GF! She seems fun and undemanding...happy to skip around "Gay Paris" holding hands and looking all Smitteny and happy. Unlike Si's Kerching who, when she thinks the camera isnt on her looks like she has been sipping bleach. And when the camera IS on her, that awful smug grin that makes you want to slap her. I quite like Julianne - she seems to know what its all about and is having a laugh with it. With the added bonus as well of making Ry look all tall and manly :D .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did anyone see Steve Brookstein's twitter? ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Maybe....;)
  • ~Jane~~Jane~ Posts: 2,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What did Steve say?
  • shaggy_xshaggy_x Posts: 3,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Im not sure what the 'twitter' said. Now , I am all for a bit of Simon-bashing, all good natured of course and in good, light humor, but Steve Brookstein is a bitter twisted individual who got treated badly by Simon all those years ago and he just doesnt know when to let it lie.

Move on mate and forget the past. Enjoy the future. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shaggy_x wrote: »
    Im not sure what the 'twitter' said. Now , I am all for a bit of Simon-bashing, all good natured of course and in good, light humor, but Steve Brookstein is a bitter twisted individual who got treated badly by Simon all those years ago and he just doesnt know when to let it lie.

Move on mate and forget the past. Enjoy the future. ;)

Steve a bitter and twisted sod isnt he? Im almost embarrassed to follow him on Twitter but I do admit he makes me titter now and again with his vitriol. He seems to think he is pretty immune on Twitter and calls Simon allsorts of libellous things....they usually make me want to slap him with a concrete post but now again there is the odd funny comment ;) .
  • shaggy_xshaggy_x Posts: 3,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steve a bitter and twisted sod isnt he? Im almost embarrassed to follow him on Twitter but I do admit he makes me titter now and again with his vitriol. He seems to think he is pretty immune on Twitter and calls Simon allsorts of libellous things....they usually make me want to slap him with a concrete post but now again there is the odd funny comment ;) .

whats his twitter account? Theres a few Steve Brooksteins so not too sure which is the 'real' one?
  • dexydaldexydal Posts: 1,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im loathe to do an "ad" for odious little tosser but here you go... @stevebrookstein

I make myself feel better by sending him smiley Simon pictures now and then :D - surprised Ive not been blocked yet ;)
  • C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blimey, no subtlety from the Daily Mail there! :eek:

Simon ought to put Ryan in touch with the good folks at Carter Ruck! :D

Though I must agree about Julianne, she comes across very well. Preferred her blonde, though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If the question is is he a manipulative D*CKHEAD, and a total slimeball I would say most definitely YES!!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder what they DO talk about during these epic chinwags? Or do we think thats just a load of made up bullcrap?? :D

I can now unashamedly say the Daily Mail are my favourite newspaper! What a brilliant headline :D I must say Ryan and Julianne are doing a great job and he looks happy, which is the most important thing. Looks like he's found his Terri.

I hope they find time to pop over to Fountain Studios this weekend. We should know if Dermot gets extra screechy and starts acting weirdly nervous :)