Erasure

dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,510
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Any Erasure fans on DS

Haven't listened to any Erasure in years, so no idea about any albums after I Say, I Say, I Say which I didn't like.

Are there any albums after the above album, that might capture the magic of The Innocents, Crackers International, Wild, The Circus & Wonderland.

If so which ones would you recommend.

Comments

• degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I was thinking about them the other day because another annoying twee breathy singer has covered one of their songs for an advert.
  • dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Milton Keynes Bowl 1990 - Now that was a fun show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3lcKHuFsX4

Was Not Was were good as well.
  • tigraboitigraboi Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    the only ones since then that i think match the commercial appeal of the earlier stuff are Cowboy and Nightbird, both of which i listen to regularly. the rest i could barely even tell you a track name on let alone sing along. I didnt even buy their last one or the current Christmas one yet I bought every one up til then
  • mr mugglesmr muggles Posts: 4,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally, I think they hit their peak with Wild, Chorus & I say...

Their sound before that was very generic and Andy's voice was a little to shrill in the early years.

I like Cowboy too.

IMO Chorus is their masterpiece.
  • Blossom85Blossom85 Posts: 1,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of their post-'I Say I Say I Say' albums, I love 'Cowboy', 'Nightbird' and 'Tomorrow's World' the most.

'Other People's Songs' is easily their worst.
  • howardlhowardl Posts: 5,120
    Forum Member
    Saw them in Westonbirt arboretum Gloustershire in 2010. (I think)...Brilliant
  • AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only vaguely related to this thread, but Andy Bell once told a funny story about cruising on Hampstead Heath in the 80s. He was in the bushes and had kept his motorcycle helmet on so no-one knew who he was, and a guy had started giving him a blowjob. He moved the guy into the light so he could see what he looked like and found it was Jimmy Somerville :o
  • Cloudy2Cloudy2 Posts: 6,862
    Forum Member
    I like most of Loveboat.

Union Street if you don't mind acoustic is good.

Light At The End Of The World is my favourite album of Erasure since Chorus.

There albums are hit and miss now but they are always great live.