[Game] The Mix Factor 2: Live Show 5

EndOfSanityEndOfSanity Posts: 15,072
Forum Member
✭✭
Good evening Digital Spy and welcome back to The Mix Factor!

Last Thursday, we saw how ten contestants took on some mash-ups in the Mash-Up week. After these creative combinations it was announced that two of Niall's overs, Elaine Gibbs and Thomas Ring Petersen were in the bottom 2. They sung for their lives there, but in the end it was Thomas who got the short end of the stick after the judges took the vote to deadlock.

Today, the TOP 9 will sing once again to win your votes. Put on your party hats, turn the music up, it's party time! That's right, the theme is Party Anthems. Each of the acts will sing a song that you would expect to be played at a party. However, some of our contestants don't normally sing these songs, so let's see what the judges came up with shall we?

Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome back the four judges of The Mix Factor and their acts!
With THIS music: :p
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ng_t5D8tVvM

_NiallDEE_ and the overs 25s:
Altiyan Childs
Elaine Gibbs
Ruth Lorenzo

bbbnbbb and the groups:
Mahogany
The Fireflies

bboy1988
and the boys:
Astro
Atle Pettersen
Reece Mastin

And Soppyfan and the last remaining girl:
Caitlin Koch

Sorry for being a bit late, but I had some things to take care of before making this thread. Anyway, are you all here and ready to go judges?

Comments

• SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm here and present, I have a few party hats in case people want some :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,313
    Forum Member
    I'm here
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,445
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here, tut tut and being tardy EoS! :D
  • EndOfSanityEndOfSanity Posts: 15,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Niall won't be here for the first part of the show, but has sent me his comments so it doesn't matter (by the way, is it just me or is Niall never here for an entire show? :p).

Anyway, it's party time!

The first act is a boy, so bboy1998 is going to give you a better introduction than I could ever give for this act.
    Forum Member
    So first up tonight and kicking the party off, please everyone be upstanding for the sensational Reece Mastin singing Iris

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdYWuo9OFAw
    Forum Member
    Reece

Reece I absolutely loved that performance. It was a really understated performance. I feel as though at the start of the competition we had a bit of a bumpy ride trying to find the right direction for you, but I feel as though we have now found the perfect direction to take you in. I love the tone of your voice and you always give everything into the songs that I throw at you. Well done tonight Reece and I hope that the public continue to support you.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Reece Mastin

After last weeks fantastic performance you appear to be going from strength to strength and that was one of your best performances yet! I happen to really like this song and I think it was a great song for you and I really like the direction your mentor is taking you in at the moment and although I don't think your vocals were completely perfect for this performance I still think it was a great choice, well done Reece!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reece Mastin

Reece, that may not have been a kind of party anthem, but I thought it was a really great song choice for you. That kind of music is where you excel over the competition so well. We've got a quite an entertaining night ahead of us and there may be acts who could outperform you tonight, but this was a very good start to the show. Well done.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reece Mastin

That's not strictly a party anthem, however, I thought it was a very good song for you to sing because it fitted your voice very well. I actually think that may have been your best performance to date, it was great! The amount you have grown since show one is just astonishing. I had you down for a week 2 exit but you've really turned it around!
    Forum Member
    Soppyfan wrote: »
    Reece Mastin

Reece, that may not have been a kind of party anthem, but I thought it was a really great song choice for you. That kind of music is where you excel over the competition so well. We've got a quite an entertaining night ahead of us and there may be acts who could outperform you tonight, but this was a very good start to the show. Well done.
    bbbnbbb wrote: »
    Reece Mastin

That's not strictly a party anthem, however, I thought it was a very good song for you to sing because it fitted your voice very well. I actually think that may have been your best performance to date, it was great! The amount you have grown since show one is just astonishing. I had you down for a week 2 exit but you've really turned it around!

Have you two never been to a rock party :p lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope, I ain't that much of an outgoing person. :o
    Forum Member
    Go to a rock party and I bet that song will be played even if I have to come to it and request it lol :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good comments for Reece, apart from the song choice not fitting the theme according to two of the judges. Were Reece's vocals good enough to secure him a place in the sixth live show?

Up next is April's first girl group of the night. So April, feel free to introduce your girls!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deleted...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bboy1988 wrote: »
    Have you two never been to a rock party :p lol

God, I would hate that! :D It's just not a song I would dance to!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doing something a bit different this week by singing d-d-d-d-David G and Jennifer Hudson's 'Night Of Your Life' are...Mahogany!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BU2DQANlPmA
    Note: As ever imagine there will be harmonies over the chorus
    Forum Member
    Mahogany

Girls, I am not sure what to think about that performance. I think it was a brave choice from your mentor to give you this sort of song. I liked the change in songs from what you have been doing recently. Was it your best performance I don’t think so but, I commend taking the risk and I do think you have been working hard on your harmonies. Well done girls and best of luck in the voting.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mahogany

Hey girls, I thought this was quite a good performance and it fit the theme well which was good, however I'm not really a fan of that type of song and I don't really think it made the best of your abilities which is a shame. It seemed to be more about the backing music than the vocals and I think you could have benifited from something that made better use of your vocal abilities, it was still a pretty good performance just not one of your best!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mahogany

That performance was amazing girls! It had really strong vocals individually and together as harmonies on the chorus. You really let out your dance divas tonight and hopefully it's also kept people on their toes that we're doing a few different things! Though, it still kept that R&B string which has been running through your performances! You've done me really proud, well done!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mahogany

I have to say girls, ever since the sing-off week, you have done nothing but continue to get better and better with each performance you do. Tonight, your mentor went with something different and it absolutely worked. I am loving the versatility from you girls and it shows every week, amazing performance!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mixed comments for Mahogany, it's up to the public now whether they will be spared a second time in the bottom 2 or not...

The next act to take to the stage is the last remaining girl. Soppyfan, please introduce your act!
  • _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm here now, sorry EoS I will try and make a whole show next time :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alright next up, she's gonna fire up the place and she is gonna make you stand up and dance! It's Caitlin Koch!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Prb8DbdfwY&
    Forum Member
    Caitlin

Caitlin Caitlin Caitlin, I am gonna keep this short and sweet , have to say I absolutely loved that performance from you. This has definitely been your best performance so far in the competition. I hope that the public will get behind you tonight because after that performance because you deserve to be here for the next show.
  • _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Caitlin Koch

I'm sorry Caitlin but I didn't really get this performance I'm afraid! I just felt that the particular cover given to you didn't really suit you that well and you looked a bit awkward with that song, I wasn't really a fan of the cover anyway to be quite honest. I hope other people liked this performance more than I did as otherwise you could be in trouble!