Peter Andre - How Is He Still Relevant?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,452
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Since he split up from Jordan what has Peter actually done with his life? Other than take an hour from itv2 programming every f**king day of the week.
How is he still relevant in 2012/2013 the man is famous for essentially nothing yet there seems to be alot of public interest in him (or is there?)

Isn't it about time Peter got a real job!!?

He's creating a career from being a dad (which is wrong!!)
My sympathy is with him at this difficult time but I have no doubt his brothers death will feature on his new show in some way .... Or we can expect a tell all interview on This Morning very soon.

I really wish he would stop assuming the public have this vast interest in his life and concentrate on living his life AWAY from the camera. I would respect his so much more.

Comments

• gregsanisongregsanison Posts: 648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes I heard that his brother passed away and just before xmas! Poor man and his family. :(
  • Mr TeacakeMr Teacake Posts: 6,593
    Forum Member
    Many of us still associate him with his pop career - 'Mysterious girl' was a massive single in the nineties. He's a household name.
  • pollipolli Posts: 2,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Musick1 wrote: »
    Since he split up from Jordan what has Peter actually done with his life? Other than take an hour from itv2 programming every f**king day of the week.
    How is he still relevant in 2012/2013 the man is famous for essentially nothing yet there seems to be alot of public interest in him (or is there?)

Isn't it about time Peter got a real job!!?

He's creating a career from being a dad (which is wrong!!)
    My sympathy is with him at this difficult time but I have no doubt his brothers death will feature on his new show in some way .... Or we can expect a tell all interview on This Morning very soon.

I really wish he would stop assuming the public have this vast interest in his life and concentrate on living his life AWAY from the camera. I would respect his so much more.
    No need to swear.There is already a thread available on Peter Andre where your opinion can be aired so I fail to see the point of starting another one while he & his family are still grieving for a brother not even buried yet simply to accuse him of something you HOPE he won't do.
    I would assume his show draws reasonable viewing figures,is therefore clearly of interest to quite a few viewers & that makes him relevant to those people.
    Here's an idea.....be like me & just don't watch.That way you can avoid being offended by him.Easy.
  • tinkerbell987tinkerbell987 Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    polli wrote: »
    No need to swear.There is already a thread available on Peter Andre where your opinion can be aired so I fail to see the point of starting another one while he & his family are still grieving for a brother not even buried yet simply to accuse him of something you HOPE he won't do.
    I would assume his show draws reasonable viewing figures,is therefore clearly of interest to quite a few viewers & that makes him relevant to those people.
    Here's an idea.....be like me & just don't watch.That way you can avoid being offended by him.Easy.

this^^^^ especially BIB.
  • spaniel-loverspaniel-lover Posts: 4,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr Teacake wrote: »
    Many of us still associate him with his pop career - 'Mysterious girl' was a massive single in the nineties. He's a household name.

Wasn't he more-or-less a one-hit wonder.....
  • gilliedewgilliedew Posts: 7,605
    Forum Member
    He is entitled to earn his living in anyway he chooses. He has many fans who think he is relevant and who would disagree with you.

He makes a lot of people happy who go to see him, he might not be everyones choice but is relevant to those who are his fans.

Live and let live, there are many others in entertainment industry who are irrelevant in my eyes but I defend their right to earn a living.
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wasn't he more-or-less a one-hit wonder.....

Yes, but he went into I'm A Celebrity and people remembered him, he appeared quite likable and then he got off with Katie Price and married her, they fell in love in the jungle.

I think after he left KP he was liked at first, but then he started to annoy people, he seemed to be all over the TV on panel shows, on his own ITV2 show and it was only his hardened fans that stuck with him and still buy his music and watch him on the TV.

People are still paying over £30 to go and watch him in concert. (yes, ok he doesn't sell out straight away, in fact there are usually empty seats) but people still want to go and see him sing.

Check here for ratings http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a443461/peter-andre-still-a-ratings-draw-for-itv2-with-my-life.html

He's doing quite well
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gilliedew wrote: »
    He is entitled to earn his living in anyway he chooses. He has many fans who think he is relevant and who would disagree with you.

He makes a lot of people happy who go to see him, he might not be everyones choice but is relevant to those who are his fans.

Live and let live, there are many others in entertainment industry who are irrelevant in my eyes but I defend their right to earn a living.

Well said
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I take it Peter Andre fans are probably the same people that voted for Christopher Maloney on this years X Factor.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I take it Peter Andre fans are probably the same people that voted for Christopher Maloney on this years X Factor.

God I doubt it, Peter Andre at least looks quite nice :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's never been relevant & he won't go away
  • Michelle_ClarkeMichelle_Clarke Posts: 1,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find the OPs post a little harsh. He has just suffered a family loss in the days leading up to christmas and I just find this a little venomous without reason as there are lots of other Andre threads this could have been put in, if it had to be put in at all.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 328
    Forum Member
    He appeals to a certain demographic who are happy to help fund his lifestyle.
  • angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gilliedew wrote: »

Amen to that. I'm not a particular fan, but there are many other people in the Entertainment Industry who, in my opinion, are irrelevent, but that's just to me, as they too have their fans. Each to their own.
  • CocaColaCocaCola Posts: 463
    Forum Member
    What happens when his teenage fan base grow up and realise who cringe he is?!

And if I hear him say one more time "I've yet to have my biggest hit" - I'll scream, I wish he would face facts that Mysterious Girl is all he will ever be known for, so stop complaining when people ask you to sing that at gigs over the rancid morbid material he writes these days.
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not going to post my opinion of Andre..it's well known..
    Just want to wish all my fellow posters a Happy Christmas...
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

That's you then.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CocaCola wrote: »
    What happens when his teenage fan base grow up and realise who cringe he is?!

And if I hear him say one more time "I've yet to have my biggest hit" - I'll scream, I wish he would face facts that Mysterious Girl is all he will ever be known for, so stop complaining when people ask you to sing that at gigs over the rancid morbid material he writes these days.

I think most of his fans left their teenage years at least 2 decades ago.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find the OPs post a little harsh. He has just suffered a family loss in the days leading up to christmas and I just find this a little venomous without reason as there are lots of other Andre threads this could have been put in, if it had to be put in at all.
    I understand he's suffered a loss and trust me I do not wish loss on anyone!!!
    My opinion remained the same 2 Months ago as it did a year ago as it does today.

I just fail to understand what he actually does other than create tv shows about his life which really isn't all that interesting.

If the loss of his brother features in this tv show I am sorry to say I will find it in bad taste.

Correct, I can't assume this will happen, however, I have every feeling that THIS difficult time for Peter will be THEEE moment in his life that will be used heavily to promote the show.

If im wrong I'll hold my hands up and respect that man so much more. . . (lets see)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 372
    Forum Member
    He seems a good bloke and his music is OK. Why don't the radio stations play his music? Does anyone know?
  • artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    strewth wrote: »
    He seems a good bloke and his music is OK. Why don't the radio stations play his music? Does anyone know?

Because the 80's called and asked for Michael Jackson's act back?
  • jadesnannyjadesnanny Posts: 99
    Forum Member
    I went to see him in his concert at Margate in November he was great.Plenty of fans all ages cheering him on stage.Was well the year wait to see him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's sad that the death of his brother will be absolutely milked in his new 'Life stories' show in order to get viewers. I really wish the man would get some dignity.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be fair his brothers passing is relevant to Andre's life and it would be odd for him not to include this in his show.
  • sidsgirlsidsgirl Posts: 4,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scone, is that you :confused:. You have been really nice about Pete in this thread :cool: :D

Happy Christmas :)