What would you want to see on WWE 14?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 258
Forum Member
What would you want to see?

Comments

• Nolan DeckardNolan Deckard Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    An online mode that isn't laggy and badly designed. But I don't see that happening anytime soon.
  • tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't you mean WWE 2k14. :p

More legends, better customization, better online (in particular CAW creations etc), interactive storylines that change based on your decisions, back to basics controls.

I fear all we are going to get is WWE13 with different skins tacked onto it.
  • ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Online needed torn apart and rebuilt from scratch. It simply DOES. NOT. WORK. No part of it works, the online play or searching for Community Creations. It's an absolute joke, and the "You need FAN AXXCESS to download this superstar!" in WWE 13 was the biggest shit on the consumer yet.
  • eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They need to go back to Here Comes The Pain and revamp that for the modern generation,

The WWE games have been dire for years.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 258
    Forum Member
    I like the attitude era. Bring GM mode back!
  • rhynoGBrhynoGB Posts: 4,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i didn't buy wwe 13 because i hated wwe 12,to be honest a radical change is needed or just revert back to the smackdown know your role game type physics.
    i just haven't been able to get into the latest wwe games,people wuitting online when your winning but the main problem has been actually getting online to start with.so many issues with the online side i just stopped buying the games
  • Ross1874Ross1874 Posts: 1,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The whole game definitely needs to be done from scratch, online works once in a blue moon another thing that needs fixed is the pace of matches they had it great in here comes the pain but since Smackdown vs raw 2008 the gameplay has been really slow.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The game needs to be completely be rebuilt and not just a few tweaks like most years. Online mode is appalling (has it ever worked?), it needs things back such as GM mode, create a title etc, create an arena needs to have more options. Also they should scrap that awful WWE Universe mode and add a story mode that is affected by choices you make.
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A Wii U version & GM mode.

I haven't watched WWE for a while now, but love the games. I'd LOVE GM mode to return.
  • stu64stu64 Posts: 5,273
    Forum Member
    I agree with what most have said on here, it needs to be rebuilt. The last 4/5 WWE games have all felt so samey and the graphics on a whole also seem quite far behind over games that have been released around the same time

The online mode is god awful. I play every single game I have, all online expect the WWE games as I just can not be bothered with its awful menus and lag infested games.

Other stuff I would like to see ;

The commentary completely revamped. I hate it so much.

When I win a match I want the music to hit straight away like in real life...not wait 10 seconds for it to load a cut scene, spoils it for me

Massive rosters. WWE own the rights to 100s of wrestlers. Lets have them all!
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the WWE games are one of the few games i regularly play, even though I don't watch wrestling any more. i'd like to see a better story mode as well.

i appreciate it might not be easy, but it needs to be a lot less linear. have different story branches if you win or lose.

Maybe have something where you can either work your way towards being the biggest face or heel as well, which then subsequently affects the quality of the opponent you get as well.

have more focused fueds as your progress through the story as well - let your character do run-ins and come down to the ring to save your friends as well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i appreciate it might not be easy, but it needs to be a lot less linear. have different story branches if you win or lose.

Maybe have something where you can either work your way towards being the biggest face or heel as well, which then subsequently affects the quality of the opponent you get as well.

have more focused fueds as your progress through the story as well - let your character do run-ins and come down to the ring to save your friends as well.

I'd like a story where you start off on NXT and after winning a few matches you get called up to the main roster. Then you have a certain amount of time (say 5 years) to become a main eventer. But in that time you can turn face or heel, build up your character and win other titles until you finally reach main event status and get a shot at the WWE Championship.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like a story where you start off on NXT and after winning a few matches you get called up to the main roster. Then you have a certain amount of time (say 5 years) to become a main eventer. But in that time you can turn face or heel, build up your character and win other titles until you finally reach main event status and get a shot at the WWE Championship.

That's a very good idea. I suppose you could incorporate a different feud each year as well maybe?. Rather than having the usual "Road" mode having different storylines for different characters, just have one character playing and different stories that the character goes through.

It would mean you could at least have enough storylines and feuds to keep a 5 year story mode interesting.

But then I suppose you could always have some generic cut scenes to have mini feuds with people as well. Maybe have some run-ins and confrontations and have some generic commentary that says things like "so-and-so shouldn't have interfered in so-and-so's business".

Then you have a few matches with that person, culiminating in the blow off match at the PPV then you can move on to the next scripted storyline as well.
  • mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They need to go back to Here Comes The Pain and revamp that for the modern generation,

The WWE games have been dire for years.

More like they need to go back to the N64 games. I've still got the last two and regularly play No Mercy with mates. Nothing has come close for years.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's a very good idea. I suppose you could incorporate a different feud each year as well maybe?. Rather than having the usual "Road" mode having different storylines for different characters, just have one character playing and different stories that the character goes through.

It would mean you could at least have enough storylines and feuds to keep a 5 year story mode interesting.

But then I suppose you could always have some generic cut scenes to have mini feuds with people as well. Maybe have some run-ins and confrontations and have some generic commentary that says things like "so-and-so shouldn't have interfered in so-and-so's business".

Then you have a few matches with that person, culiminating in the blow off match at the PPV then you can move on to the next scripted storyline as well.

Sound great. It would definitely make the story mode more interesting and help give you more reason to actually want to play it.
  • lionsof66lionsof66 Posts: 4,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Patches released to update the roster. Every year the game's release seems to coincide with a new wrestler getting a big push, but not being on the game. Last year Ryback was missing (though he did eventually arrive via DLC but you had to pay), then there was the year none of Nexus were on the game, despite being involved in the biggest storyline at that time (even though it eventually failed, it seemed for a while like it was going to be a big nWo style storyline), and finally a few years back Sheamus was missing from the game despite being WWE Champion on the day the game was released!

It shouldn't be DLC that you have to pay for eithier. Fair enough classic and bonus superstars, but when your shelling out £45 the minimum you expect is the current roster!

The other thing I would love to see them do each year with the storyline mode is each real-life PPV release a downloadable storyline featuring all the matches on the PPV so you can play the whole thing yourself. Kind of like the World Cup 2010 scenario mode, which had pre-existing scenarios on the game, but each day throughout the tournement you could download new ones based on the actual games that had taken place that day. It was brilliant!
  • lionsof66lionsof66 Posts: 4,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh and if they keep the Universe Mode (which i don't mind, the idea is decent, it's just poorly executed) then I think you should be able to view PPV cards in advance as they are booked. So say in week 2 of January you are booked in a title match with...whoever... that match then appears on the card. It wouldn't take much to include it, and it's not a massive thing, but I just feel it'd be a nice touch.