Firefox problem, I think ?

I have noticed for a couple of months now that if I try and book or just view flights on the Ryanair website using Firefox 15.0.1 with adblock+ turned off, all I get is this. It won't go any further, clicking continue just refreshes the page.
If I try in IE8 I get a captcha which (after getting it right) goes on to the flights as normal. Not sure when or why Ryanair brought this system in to use, it never used to be there.
I had presumed it was a glitch with Ryanair's site until I tried booking a car, with FF this is as far as I got ...clicking 'find cars' should lead to a choice available on that date but it does nothing at all, again IE8 has no problem.

Any ideas as to why this might be ?? Everything is up to date in Firefox.

Comments

• flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    You got scripting turned off? Flash?
  • LION8TIGERLION8TIGER Posts: 8,484
    Forum Member
    flagpole wrote: »
    You got scripting turned off? Flash?

No I'm OK on that score, I have 'accept 3rd part cookies' unticked but I've always had it that way and can't see that being the problem. I have an ad-on called Google disconnect but tried with that disabled as well.

I'm not blocking ads in any other way just ABP and a hosts file which of course applies to both browsers.

No problems signing in to anything else that I have noticed , Ebay, Online banking, anything flash related games etc are all fine.
    Forum Member
    I have tried Firefox in safe mode and it works fine on Zipcar, will try Ryanair later ... I can't think of any ad-on that would be causing this, I don't have many. Call in Inspector Clouseau :).

Edit: Ryanair working fine as well in safe mode.
  • BeachcomberBeachcomber Posts: 663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was having to use the Ryanair web site in safe mode until I realised that it was the Google Disconnect add-on which was blocking the captcha words.

I now click on the red Google icon in the address bar to unblock the site and it works fine.
  • barky99barky99 Posts: 3,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    there are still a few sites coded for internet explorer and only way I can get them to work properly without resorting to that other browser is to install the IE tab 2 firefox plugin
    Forum Member
    I was having to use the Ryanair web site in safe mode until I realised that it was the Google Disconnect add-on which was blocking the captcha words.

I now click on the red Google icon in the address bar to unblock the site and it works fine.

I thought I had discounted Google disconnect as a reason by disabling it but I must have not restarted Firefox.
    This was the reason and both sites mentioned work fine with the requests unblocked.