This Morning

xxtimboxxtimbo Posts: 8,870
Forum Member
Rich and Judy were on the show by the late 80s and of course ,, it was based in Liverpool Dockland.
(They used to commute each day from South Manchester driving along the East Lancs Road ! )
The show eventually moved to London and now Phil and Holly have taken over the reins.

Its a kind of TV magazine show that has been popular over the years... decades...

Is it time to change to being a 10 am to 12 show ?
Then Loose Women ... 12 to 1 pm
Then the news at 1 pm

Somehow 1 pm for the main news feels right.......... 1.30 pm ......as it is at present...... seems a bit too late.....

Comments

• Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would like it to become more like Pebble Mill with more serious items and better guests. To me it's become like a televised version of Inside Soap and HEAT magazine. Ratings apparently have halved since the glory days of Richard and Judy and the quality is well down.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree with Glenn. Too much reality TV promotion for my taste. They should bring back some of the old regulars like Raj (even though he did have his problems), Carl Wylde (?sp), better chefs and that guy who used to advise on natural remedies etc. I rarely watch now.
  • pinkyponk34pinkyponk34 Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xxtimbo wrote: »

Its a kind of TV magazine show that has been popular over the years... decades... .

Why change it's time slot then ?
  • Martin PhillpMartin Phillp Posts: 34,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The current format of TM is more akin to a trashy womens weekly with salacious stories about sexual abuse, incest and enlarged private parts alongside celebrity gossip, inane competitions and an airhead co-presenter who's main job is to giggle at Schofe's every whim.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It had more substance in the early days, less ad breaks and less, if any, competition interruptions.

I can't watch it live and whizz anything tacky or too depressing. Once I whizzed a whole show as it was boring/tacky.
  • xxtimboxxtimbo Posts: 8,870
    Forum Member
    Sometimes it feels like one endless advert for . X factor..
    Emmerdale.... Jungle get me out of here ... and many other ITV shows ... but it is topical... it is live ... meanwhile on the BBC at the same time there are endless property buying shows and consumer type boring shows.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with Glenn. Too much reality TV promotion for my taste. They should bring back some of the old regulars like Raj (even though he did have his problems), Carl Wylde (?sp), better chefs and that guy who used to advise on natural remedies etc. I rarely watch now.

It's too trashy and obsessed with programmes like Coronation St and Dancing On Ice. To most men it offers absolutely nothing and a lot of women find it trashy as well.
  • jake lylejake lyle Posts: 6,146
    Forum Member
    The current format of TM is more akin to a trashy womens weekly with salacious stories about sexual abuse, incest and enlarged private parts alongside celebrity gossip, inane competitions and an airhead co-presenter who's main job is to giggle at Schofe's every whim.

This is what happens in pretty much every episode I have seen in recent years. They could do with a serious revamp.
    Forum Member
    I thought the move to London would have meant more top celebs dropping in as they did nt have to do the flight to L pool.... but in fact if anything there are less top celebs dropping in .......

( unless you count Chantelle Houghton as a top celeb ! )
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jake lyle wrote: »
    This is what happens in pretty much every episode I have seen in recent years. They could do with a serious revamp.

Maybe make it more serious, They should watch old Pebble Mills and the nineties version of the show to see how a successful magazine show should be. To me TM is too trivial and trashy. I'm sure millions of viewers at home would much rather see an interview with the Rolling Stones before their O2 gig than Scofe yapping on about Coronation St as if it was real life.
    Forum Member
    I think by 1 pm ... people are ready for the news
    so the BBC 1 o clock news must be getting the bulk of the audience.............
    The ITV news at 1 . 30 is missing the boat, I bet they dont even get half the audience as the BBC news.
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,512
    Forum Member
    TM has now become Joke TV. We do not all watch soaps/crap factor etc: I stopped watching ages ago.
  • unknown17unknown17 Posts: 3,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Keep is as it is and if you don't like it then you have plenty of other channels to watch.
  • rr22rr22 Posts: 7,618
    Forum Member
    Does todays interview with David Cameron mean Philip Schofield will become less prominent on ITV at last! Surprised he didn't present the news on it tonight as he seems to be on everything else
  • mrmattybeckmrmattybeck Posts: 1,697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a chance
  • Martin PhillpMartin Phillp Posts: 34,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I understand why politicians go on TM as it's one of the few shows that targets a particular target audience, the other being Daybreak. Yet as seen today, another excuse for tabloid sensationalism and who in their right mind would put the PM on after Keith bloody Lemon!?
    Forum Member
    I feel as if this will be very dressed up by This Morning as getting to the heart of issues but its sensationalist and Phil and Holly equally to blame. They move from really dark stories to flippancy really quickly and the tone seems like a opening a tabloid newspaper. Why not a proper dicussion or current affairs programme at 10.30 am or is that too much for their so called target audience to take in. Total dumbed down tv
  • GlinnyGlinny Posts: 4,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will be interesting on tomorrow's programme with the newspaper review with Philip and Holly actually discussing themselves. Awkward! :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 170
    Forum Member
    Glinny wrote: »
    Will be interesting on tomorrow's programme with the newspaper review with Philip and Holly actually discussing themselves. Awkward! :o

Eamonn and Ruth usually do the Friday show, however, as phil and holly had Monday off I did wonder whether as a one off they would complete the week? If they do, it will be very awkward indeed, although I imagine phil will gloss over it and not fully admit he's wrong
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member

It feels like Take A Break magazine (or one of those other trashy mags) in a TV format really. Thankfully I'm normally never around to watch daytime TV but I caught a bit of it in the summer holidays.
  • bloodynorabloodynora Posts: 843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    TM has now become Joke TV. We do not all watch soaps/crap factor etc: I stopped watching ages ago.

Couldn't have put it better myself! :D
  • shandersshanders Posts: 5,907
    Forum Member
    Let's hope Schofield gets fired for this ambush.
    Forum Member
    Its time to get better presenters for the show, This Morning feels like the Philip Schofield show, he should have left when Fern knew it was right to leave, this was the programme that rejuvinated his career again not the other way around.
  • 37 Years37 Years Posts: 1,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Back in the Richard & Judy days, This Morning was must-watch telly if I was on the right shift at work to be able to watch it - and if I wasn't, I used to tape it.

Wouldn't say I have felt the same about it since they left, but even less so since Fern left. The content has gone down hill a lot too.

I'm not David Cameron's No. 1 fan by any means, but I think that Schofield's little stunt was way out of line.
  • comedy89comedy89 Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He makes Johnathan Ross look ITV's 'angel' these days.

I wonder whether he will be punished. This is ten times more serious than phoning up an ageing sitcom actor and joking about his grandaughter.