PS4: Horizontal or Vertical?

steven123steven123 Posts: 3,237
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Yes, it's the big one :D Just how are you going to stand that shiny new PS4 when you get it? :p

Rather than just a bunch of one word answers (can use the poll for that) a bit of explanation as to why that is preferred would be useful. As space is at a premium on my AV stand I was considering vertical but as I don't have any parts of my AV stand that are tall enough to take it vertically and as that would mean placing it on the floor, which I'm a bit wary of doing with a £350 console. :eek:

How will you position your new PS4? 36 votes

Horizontal
75% 27 votes
Vertical
25% 9 votes

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verticle on an official stand.

Purely for space reasons, same as my phat PS3.

Getting the stand for added stability as it looks a bit too easy to knock over without.
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    Horizontal for me as got a space on my TV stand from where my PS3 was that needs filled plus it would be too tall to fit if I stood it vertically.
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMTT wrote: »
    Horizontal for me as got a space on my TV stand from where my PS3 was that needs filled plus it would be too tall to fit if I stood it vertically.

Ditto!!! Mine is going horizontal under the livingroom TV replacing my XB360! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Horizontal. It'll sit by my tv
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Horizontal.

Probably.

It's going under my TV, but no idea where yet. It's kinda crowded under there. All 10 plug sockets are now in use, so something has to go. Probably the Dreamcast. :o
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    willowfan wrote: »
    Verticle on an official stand.
    A Kotaku review said that a stand wasn't needed because it's stable on its own.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brangdon wrote: »
    A Kotaku review said that a stand wasn't needed because it's stable on its own.
    Just watched the video - yes it looks pretty much as stable without the stand as with. If it can survive the reviewer's cat it can survive mine ;)

Great I can save £20 :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks better vertical but mine will be horizontal.
  • muntamunta Posts: 18,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Horizontal since all my other av equipment is horizontal. Anything else would look silly
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    Putting it vertically, is the "Stand" a requirement?
    As in will there be any operational issues with the console standing vertical without a "Stand" such as airflow or ventilation?
  • ixHellstormxixHellstormx Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    horizontal here. I have young kids and they tend to get a bit hyper while gaming and jump around a lot and I'd be paranoid about them crashing into the entertainment unit :eek:
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Putting it vertically, is the "Stand" a requirement?
    As in will there be any operational issues with the console standing vertical without a "Stand" such as airflow or ventilation?

Yes. There are vents which would be mostly blocked when standing vertically. The stand has channels built in which allow air to flow to the vents.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    Yes. There are vents which would be mostly blocked when standing vertically. The stand has channels built in which allow air to flow to the vents.

Thank you.
    I've no worries about it falling over using it without the stand, it's in my bedroom and would be safe enough. So I thought I could save money on a Stand.

But I'll go for a stand now cause putting it vertical will make more space and will stop any overheating problems.
  • GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bought a cheap stand for mine (£5) while I wait for one with a built in USB hub such as http://www.4gamers.net/products/store-connect-and-charge/4g-4181-vertical-stand-n-usb-hub