New design 360. Where?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,655
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Yo peeps.

I'm trying to find somewhere that's selling these, because my 360 is a bit knackered really and I fancy some new blood in time for GTAV. Can I find one?

No chance..

Does anybody know anything about availability?

Comments

• Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The fella at the con said it was available today (Monday 10th) but not seen it anywhere either.
  • alternatealternate Posts: 8,110
    Forum Member
    The fella at the con said it was available today (Monday 10th) but not seen it anywhere either.

When they announce those those things they mean america. Just like with all the fancy tv features they highlighted.
  • Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    alternate wrote: »
    When they announce those those things they mean america. Just like with all the fancy tv features they highlighted.

Yep, that about sums it up, same as saying the new machine will be available this 'fall' (because yanks have difficulty spelling the word autumn) meaning US.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it was only in the Microsoft Store (to prevent leaks).
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Bloody hell give it a chance, shops will be wanting to get rid of the majority of 360S stock before they start with these. Give a few weeks.
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forgive me for being cynical, but is there any point to the new Xbox 360 "E" other than making it look at bit like an Xbox One so Microsoft can continue to spin their "it's an offline alternative" line?

I'm sure there's some cost savings in there, but they certainly aren't being passed onto the customer, they are the same price as the existing model.

Edit - actually, the new ones are WORSE value - the existing 250GB 360S at $299 comes with 2 games included, the new version, also at $299, doesn't.
    Forum Member
    Forgive me for being cynical, but is there any point to the new Xbox 360 "E" other than making it look at bit like an Xbox One so Microsoft can continue to spin their "it's an offline alternative" line?

I'm sure there's some cost savings in there, but they certainly aren't being passed onto the customer, they are the same price as the existing model.

Edit - actually, the new ones are WORSE value - the existing 250GB 360S at $299 comes with 2 games included, the new version, also at $299, doesn't.

At least the build quality looks solid which is more than you can say for the PS3 Super Slim, which is a rip off, the massive savings Sony made on that heap of junk with an elastic-band powered slide door were not passed on to the consumer either. A new model 360 is a way for MS to make profit but it also gives gamers a new console that will blend with the X1. I don't think people realise that MS intend to keep the 360 running alongside it.
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If they are 2d. Do u know if they are releasing forza 5 for 360?

Id maybe pick up a 360 but x1 looking increasing unlikely
    Forum Member
    gillyallan wrote: »
    If they are 2d. Do u know if they are releasing forza 5 for 360?

Id maybe pick up a 360 but x1 looking increasing unlikely

I'm afraid they are not. 360 is still worth it for Forza 4 though but with GT6 on the horizon it depends, if that was your main incentive.