The Saturdays - Disco Love* CHART POSITION*

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 266
Forum Member
Hi all! so after hearing and viewing the video for the saturdays single "disco love" what number do you think it will get in the charts? to be honest i really think it will be lucky if it gets 11 - 20, i just cannot see it getting top 10, way to repetitive plus there is something missing in it, I feel like its the end of the saturdays :( first time i heard it it sounded like an ending song..well anyways my guess is #24, but if they are lucky and with loads of promo #14

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Single 20

Album anywhere between 20-35.
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It depends how much promo they do during release week, I'd say low top 10 or just outside it, so between maybe 7-13.
    Honestly they picked the wrong single to lead the album with AGAIN, they should have went for this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPZrr7oKeuk
  • xfactorfan27xfactorfan27 Posts: 1,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like it a lot, but agree it doesn't have huge chart hit written all over it. I guess #13
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 266
    Forum Member
    AdzPower wrote: »
    It depends how much promo they do during release week, I'd say low top 10 or just outside it, so between maybe 7-13.
    Honestly they picked the wrong single to lead the album with AGAIN, they should have went for this:

I agree! that and "you dont have the right" and a lil..."somebody elses life" should have been released instead of gentleman and disco love, although imo maybe they didnt release "not giving up on love" cause its similar ish to AFU? :)
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member

I agree. That song would be a smash if it was released! It's so catchy! What is up with their management? :(
  • PandakooPandakoo Posts: 5,419
    Forum Member

I just don't understand WHY on earth they haven't released this? It seriously could be a smash. Disco Love is just so meh, really can't see it charting well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 55
    Forum Member
    So is it released this weekend or Monday? Anyone know what TV they have lined up? That will make or break it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    see it charting about 8 or 9, depends who they are up against
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So is it released this weekend or Monday? Anyone know what TV they have lined up? That will make or break it.

They're on Surprise Surprise on Sunday performing.
  • ICON111ICON111 Posts: 3,441
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    #17 - 20. This song is really weak. I think its their worst single yet. Definitely, not a single to lead into an album with, it is not even single material imo.

They really should have released the album after What About Us when the momentum was there for them and sales were low at the time they could have had a #1 album by now. This and 'Gentleman' have really killed any buzz there was for it.

Also, I don't know why they keep releasing their albums in Q4, They are not big acts at all so this album is going to bomb hard like the last one did.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Their Disco Love promo:

Sun Oct 6
    C4 Sunday Brunch (‘Disco Love’ acoustic performance and interview)
    ITV Surprise Surprise (‘Disco Love’ performance and interview)

Mon Oct 7
    ITV Daybreak (‘Disco Love’ Performance and interview)

Tues Oct 8
    Google+ Hangout – Album listening party

Weds Oct 9
    ITV This Morning (‘Disco Love’ performance and inteview)

Sat Oct 12
    Performance @ G-A-Y Heaven London

Weds Oct 16
    The Alan Titchmarsh Show (‘Disco Love’ performance and interview)
    Forum Member
    ICON111 wrote: »
    #17 - 20. This song is really weak. I think its their worst single yet. Definitely, not a single to lead into an album with, it is not even single material imo.

I agree. It's really only an album track at best. Not Giving Up would have been a better lead single. Why do they always release the wrong singles? It's been going on since the Chasing Lights era.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Their Disco Love promo:

Sun Oct 6

Mon Oct 7

Tues Oct 8

Weds Oct 9

Sat Oct 12

Weds Oct 16

WOW!! Its looks as if The Saturdays owe whatever success this gets to ITV.
    My guess us #18 in the charts
  • Ally_BowieAlly_Bowie Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I personally think no5
  • ashtray88ashtray88 Posts: 1,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Their Disco Love promo:

Sun Oct 6

Mon Oct 7

Tues Oct 8

Weds Oct 9

Sat Oct 12

Weds Oct 16

Why are they promoting it on those shows? They should be promoting it on late night shows too. Aren't Daybreak and This Morning practically the same show, one is just on slightly later?? Also, while I'm sure they will put on a great show and win many fans by performing at Heaven. But performing there never really seems to impact the chart very much. Ask poor Sabrina Washington.
    Forum Member
    Ally_Bowie wrote: »
    I personally think no5

Why do you think that?
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone was raving about this song when it first premiered.....don't understand the sudden dismissal of it:confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Their Disco Love promo:

Sun Oct 6

Mon Oct 7

Tues Oct 8

Weds Oct 9

Sat Oct 12

Weds Oct 16

ashtray88 wrote: »
    Why are they promoting it on those shows? They should be promoting it on late night shows too. Aren't Daybreak and This Morning practically the same show, one is just on slightly later?? Also, while I'm sure they will put on a great show and win many fans by performing at Heaven. But performing there never really seems to impact the chart very much. Ask poor Sabrina Washington.

There are some late evening shows on that list too ;)
  • Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 82,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is right that the Saturdays will appear on Alan Titchmarsh, as he has already proved himself a big fan of theirs!
  • iamstrongiamstrong Posts: 867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They are currently @ #7 on iTunes Ireland. They always do better in the UK right? This certainly bodes well for them.
  • Squealer_MahonySquealer_Mahony Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    I like this song but theres something missing from it not sure what
  • Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    #14 comes to mind.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got an email yesterday from the universal website saying that my signed CD of Disco Love was slightly delayed due to the overwhelming demand for the single....so maybe this is a good sign?
  • cashloot147cashloot147 Posts: 609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't underestimate this one, alot of people I know love this song having never been bothered about the girls before so this might be a bit of a silent assassin.
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    I don't get why a lot of people have low expectations. I think it's one of the best songs they've released. I hope a top 5. I would expect top 10