Lifeforce coming to blu ray 30/04!

Ted CTed C Posts: 11,730
Forum Member
✭✭
Lifeforce: Collector’s Edition BD/DVD Combo will include both the Theatrical and International versions (Theatrical on the Blu-ray only), new audio commentary with director Tobe Hooper, a new retrospective with the cast and crew (including Steve Railsback, Hooper and others), the original Making of Lifeforce featurette, the original theatrical trailer, a TV spot, a still gallery and more TBA.

From Shout Factory, finally a decent blu ray SE of Lifeforce, with a new featurette and commentary.

Not saying it's a classic...but it does have a cult following and I have always found it hugely entertaining, if often for the wrong reasons.

Comments

• BlurayBluray Posts: 661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll pick this up!

I'm loving the Shout/Scream factory releases. Their Halloween III is great.

Looking forward to their release of The Fog this year.
  • Ted CTed C Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bluray wrote: »
    I'll pick this up!

I'm loving the Shout/Scream factory releases. Their Halloween III is great.

Looking forward to their release of The Fog this year.

Agree on that...I have Halloween 3 and it's awesome.

What I like about them is they spend money on restoring the pic and sound, as well as getting decent archival features and usually some new interviews with director and cast members. And usually great artwork too...

http://www.shoutfactory.com/?q=node/216800

And they have some great new classic horror titles coming up this year...

http://www.shoutfactory.com/?q=taxonomy/term/48
  • BlurayBluray Posts: 661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a shame they didn't get hold of Christine and The Blob (1988) instead of Twilight Time because then I wouldn't have to fork out £30 each for them.

I really really hope they get the rights to Psycho II and Psycho III.
  • Grabid RanniesGrabid Rannies Posts: 4,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IMHO it is a classic and it should be proud to join the ranks of being one of those films that's now pointless seeing except on a crisp, clean BR transfer :)
  • soransoran Posts: 1,646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IMHO it is a classic and it should be proud to join the ranks of being one of those films that's now pointless seeing except on a crisp, clean BR transfer :)

There are a couple of reasons I would like to see a nice clean BR transfer. ;):D
  • ironjadeironjade Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BR probably won't make Steve Railsback's or Frank Finlay's hammy performances any better.:o
  • Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    soran wrote: »
    There are a couple of reasons I would like to see a nice clean BR transfer. ;):D

I wonder what they might be :D
  • mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hopefully this news will prompt a reshowing on the tellybox so I can finally see the magnificence of Britains most expensive Science Fiction film of 1985
  • ironjadeironjade Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mike65 wrote: »
    Hopefully this news will prompt a reshowing on the tellybox so I can finally see the magnificence of Britains most expensive Science Fiction film of 1985

It's been on YouTube for ages.
  • KarisKaris Posts: 6,380
    Forum Member
    Oh I bloody love you for posting this! I was going to watch it the other day on blur-o-vision and now I can just wait a bit and get it :)

Now if you could only do the same with The Abyss...
  • mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ironjade wrote: »
    It's been on YouTube for ages.

No way to watch a film really.
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Magnificent news. It’s a crime the only legit way to view this up until now has been a shonky non-anamorphic DVD.

Tobe Hooper’s masterpiece, without a doubt.
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shame it's a combo pack.