Philip Scholfield

2»

Comments

• CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not just Phillip though. The whole atmosphere of This Morning I find unpleasant. The thing has an air of smugness about it. Laughing among themselves when in the hub etc. even Brett seems to think he's a bit special IMO.
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i4u wrote: »
    If only the names had been readable on camera....he'd probably be out of a job, paying large very large sums of money in damages.

Even though we were told he was reprimanded, there's no evidence of what his punishment if any was. Then he hid behind a woman's skirt.

Yet a few days earlier he was throwing his chest out boldly demanding the PM take responsibility for the names on his list and take action! Schofield's a weasel.

I believe he did pay damages out of his own pocket, or at least that's what was reported at the time.

The problem with Philip is that he thinks he's some kind of serious, heavyweight broadcaster but he's not. His ego has gotten completely out of control, I've even heard on the grapevine that he actually refers to himself as "Mr ITV". Such breathtaking arrogance.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I believe he did pay damages out of his own pocket, or at least that's what was reported at the time.

The problem with Philip is that he thinks he's some kind of serious, heavyweight broadcaster but he's not. His ego has gotten completely out of control, I've even heard on the grapevine that he actually refers to himself as "Mr ITV". Such breathtaking arrogance.

The depressing thing is they are already grooming the smug Stephen Mulhern to be Mr ITV Mk2. :(
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,942
    Forum Member

I don't think it's been disclosed what slap on the wrist he got from ITV immediately after the incident.

Forgot he and ITV later agreed to pay £125,000 in damages and legal costs. That will teach me to open my mouth.

Anyway why was Mr ITV immediately removed from our screens for a week or two or even fired for pulling such a stunt.
  • Molly BloomMolly Bloom Posts: 2,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TrishaS wrote: »
    BIB I always thought the reason that he wasn't sacked is because the PTB knew all about it, there is no way that he would have done that on his own. It was a set up :mad:

You're probably right. ITV is low rent enough to have thought they were being groundbreaking with their little ambush.

How I loathe that channel. They've improved when it comes to drama, but otherwise they are an utter embarrassment.
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i4u wrote: »
    I don't think it's been disclosed what slap on the wrist he got from ITV immediately after the incident.

Forgot he and ITV later agreed to pay £125,000 in damages and legal costs. That will teach me to open my mouth.

Anyway why was Mr ITV immediately removed from our screens for a week or two or even fired for pulling such a stunt.

I don't know if he was taken off air for two weeks because he was being punished, or because he wanted to keep a low profile until all blew over. I suspect the latter.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    It would appear from this thread that Phil is a clever lad - almost everyone on here seems to hate him yet they all watch him then talk about the program on threads like this giving the show more publicity. If this thread was a reflection of the publics opinion of him, and everyone that disliked him then stopped watching the show the ratings would plummet and he would be replaced.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bungitin wrote: »
    What about 'Gordongate'?

Was Gordon gay or was that just a rumour at the time? :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    Sinistra wrote: »
    Was Gordon gay or was that just a rumour at the time? :D

Depends if he was operated by a man or a woman
  • chris1978chris1978 Posts: 1,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was good in the broom cupboard with Gordon the Gopher.
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're probably right. ITV is low rent enough to have thought they were being groundbreaking with their little ambush.

How I loathe that channel. They've improved when it comes to drama, but otherwise they are an utter embarrassment.

The bulk of their programmes seem to be aimed at the lowest common denominator and This Morning, unless you're easily pleased, is unwatchable. I hate it how Mr ITV discusses last night's soaps as if they're high art and how something like Katie Price getting drunk is major news.
  • HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am always surprised that PS has got this far because he has a weird and rather pathetic little voice.

It's sort of squeaky and effeminate and not very pleasant to listen to.