Joss Stone "Breaking News"

The TerminatorThe Terminator Posts: 5,312
Forum Member
Anyone know what this is about? It's the typical big red banner at the top of the screen (for now) but leads to a 404.

EDIT: Found it elsewhere, here is the story at the moment. Quite unsettling for her I'd have thought, sounds like a pair of nutters.

Comments

• BobbyNoMatesBobbyNoMates Posts: 1,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently two blokes, 30 and 34, were arrested at her home in Devon. Very odd.
  • j24j24 Posts: 3,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Two men arrested for conspiracy to murder and rob Joss Stone
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :( When being a big star is very unfunny indeed...
  • Charlie ChuckCharlie Chuck Posts: 2,428
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Conspiracy to kidnap, rob and murder her according to Sky News now, found swords, rope and a body bag in their car. Seems like it could have been a extortion attempt.
  • guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Carrying a body bag..How scary for her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Reading that put chills up my spine. Glad she is OK. Thank goodness she has good neighbours. How scary though.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good job they caught them. How horrible for her.
  • RealityRocksRealityRocks Posts: 4,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can well believe they were planning to kidnap her but what could they have gained from murdering her?

According to Sky they had a body bag which 'proves' they were planning to kill her. What murderer provides their own body bag? I'd say it was just as likely they were trying to terrify the poor girl (and conceal their destination).

Whatever their intentions it's awful news, poor Joss, if I were her, I'd move, I'd never be comfortable again in the area - apparently the accused had aerial print outs of the area, supposedly for escape.

I wouldn't be surprised if she jets out of the country for a bit - I'd need a holiday and an escape after that scare.
  • Sara WebbSara Webb Posts: 7,885
    Forum Member
    :eek::eek::eek:
    Officers are said to have found swords, rope and a body bag when they apprehended the pair, aged 33 and 30, near her country home.
    (from Sky News)
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,493
    Forum Member
    Wow- this must be absolutley terrifying for Joss.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 367
    Forum Member
    Only on sky news, no other more credible news site has this nonsense, all this talk of murder sounds like PR BS.
  • TOOTandcomeinTOOTandcomein Posts: 986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    see3po wrote: »
    Only on sky news, no other more credible news site has this nonsense, all this talk of murder sounds like PR BS.

Is the BBC credible enough for you:rolleyes:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-13774995
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,930
    Forum Member
    Carrying a body bag..How scary for her.
    Yeah this doesn't sound like a professional kidnapping attempt. It's more stalker territory. There was only two of them with the rope and the body bag bundled into the back of the car.
  • Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scary indeed. Joss is the 5th richest musician under 30 - maybe they had planned an extortion attempt. The frustration with these kinds of stories is that we'll probably never know.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,062
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My initial reaction is why on earth would anyone want to "murder" Joss Stone? :confused:
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Phew. Am not a JS fan but that is horrible. Nobody deserves that. Hope she's not too traumatised or at least that she gets over it soon. Awful!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What did she do that would make somebody want to murder her?

I don't know much about her. I know she annoys a few people with her opinions, but surely it can't be that?!

There are some terrifying people in this world.
  • NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    Phew. Am not a JS fan but that is horrible. Nobody deserves that. Hope she's not too traumatised or at least that she gets over it soon. Awful!
    Same here. Hope she's okay.
  • stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's just scary, I didn't think her last album was that bad.
  • lucy manelucy mane Posts: 10,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    see3po wrote: »

Her PR probably paid all the police and reporters as well.:D
    Get real.
  • cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd love to hear what those guys have to say for themselvesthemselves:eek:
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,930
    Forum Member
    Gold_Fish wrote: »
    What did she do that would make somebody want to murder her?

I don't know much about her. I know she annoys a few people with her opinions, but surely it can't be that?!

There are some terrifying people in this world.
    That's why it sounds like either a stalking incident or a half baked attempt by idiots at kidnapping.
  • katkimkatkim Posts: 10,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just reading about it is terrifying, there are some real nutters out in the world, but at least they've been caught before they had a chance to do what the intended.
  • Sarah AnneSarah Anne Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poor girl. That would give me nightmares for months.
    After Jill Dando's tragic death, hopefully the police treat these incidents more seriously.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just read this - poor Joss:eek:. Well done to her neighbours for spotting the vehicle.