Grimm Season 1 (US Pace)

Comments

• StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tribec wrote: »
    Now we've got the second season confirmed, is the Renard story line going to be a long term one or will it terminate at the end of this season. Have I also missed something in previous episodes as to what the key opens? I can't recall that being shown.

I enjoyed the episode and it's nice to see that they carried over the Wu storyline for a few episodes. What a wierd collection of objects he'd eaten though. Let's hope there's nothing else left over in his system, though like with Hank it should be out now the witch has lost her powers.

I'm enjoying the Roselee story arc as well, though I'm not sure how long that's going to last. I can, I think see an end game story for this season, so I'm going to sit back and enjoy it and hope not to say I told you so.

I think I can guess what you are suggesting - the thought had crossed my mind too.

Will spoiler even though it is total speculation
    But it is speculation based on what usually happens to the love interest of the side kick :D Look at Buffy - both Tara and Anya end up dead!

Are you thinking she's going to get killed & Eddie will then have to decide if he really has turned his back on his past ways or if he is going to get revenge?
  • DensinoDensino Posts: 3,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Rosalee :)
    I think Rosalee, Monroe and Nick would make a good team actually, similar to Angel and his two sidekicks (only watched a few episodes but I mean the guy with glasses and Charisma Carpenter)

Adalind will be back for either revenge on Nick, or to help Nick get revenge on her mother I think
  • MikeAP001MikeAP001 Posts: 1,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tribec wrote: »
    Now we've got the second season confirmed, is the Renard story line going to be a long term one or will it terminate at the end of this season. Have I also missed something in previous episodes as to what the key opens? I can't recall that being shown.

I thought the key opened the locks in Aunt Marie's weapons cabinets.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good news!! :)

Rosalee has been promoted to series regular taking effect from the season 2 premiere! :):)

Yay
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Densino wrote: »
    Good news!! :)

Rosalee has been promoted to series regular taking effect from the season 2 premiere! :):)

Yay

Meh. Was hoping she'd get killed.

Could we spoiler things like this? I didn't really want to know who survives the first season.:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meh. Was hoping she'd get killed.

Could we spoiler things like this? I didn't really want to know who survives the first season.:(
    Well it was a press release, I'd hardly call it a spoiler
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well it was a press release, I'd hardly call it a spoiler

I don't read press releases etc.

I would say it is a spoiler in as much as if ever Rosalee is in peril we'll know not to get concerned. She's going to live. Kind of dampens down the dramatic tension. I would say only Nick and Eddie are safe - I don't want to know for certain whether Hank, Juliette, the Captain, Adalind or Wu are coming back for exactly the same reason.

If we aren't going to spoiler stuff then that's cool - just like to know so I can avoid the thread!!
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Rosalee :)
    I think Rosalee, Monroe and Nick would make a good team actually, similar to Angel and his two sidekicks (only watched a few episodes but I mean the guy with glasses and Charisma Carpenter)

Adalind will be back for either revenge on Nick, or to help Nick get revenge on her mother I think

I like her too, as well as Nick's girlfriend. So, I'd like to see both remain.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    Only up to episode 8, quite like it, get a bit fed up of Monster of the Week but like the Monroe storyline. Really wish Grimms would have special powers rather than just a cupboard full of weapons and potions. Also wish the Aunt had stuck around a bit longer to help and support the main guy. Worth watching...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Miss-Fitz wrote: »
    Only up to episode 8, quite like it, get a bit fed up of Monster of the Week but like the Monroe storyline. Really wish Grimms would have special powers rather than just a cupboard full of weapons and potions. Also wish the Aunt had stuck around a bit longer to help and support the main guy. Worth watching...
    Keep watching, it has really hit its stride in the last 5 or 6 episodes :)
    I agree with you though that the aunt should have stuck around
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...Really wish Grimms would have special powers rather than just a cupboard full of weapons and potions. Also wish the Aunt had stuck around a bit longer to help and support the main guy. Worth watching...

Maybe that's the "treasure" or "boon" that's on the map from the key's bow. After Nick imprinted the thing on paper, it was clear it showed a map of some sort. Besides, it's becoming apparent that in times of stress, Grimm's seem to have an "inner Grimm" which allows them to stand toe to toe with a witch of the woods, a big bad wolf, or other Wesen.

And, I agree that having Auntie around to guide Nick would have been nice but that would mean getting rid of Juliette, wouldn't it? I think, she's needed to keep Nick grounded among the non-Grimm humans.

Because, I could see a story line next year where Adalind or the Fire Dancer sets her sights on Nick and tries to break things up between him and Juliette and Nick becomes more of a Grimm instead of a cop crossing the line between his duties as a cop and Grimm. And, eventually, I'd like to see Nick meeting up with a fellow Grimm who's more like the head chopping Grimm that terrified Monroe and the other Wesen.
  • TribecTribec Posts: 9,310
    Forum Member
    MikeAP001 wrote: »
    Maybe that's the "treasure" or "boon" that's on the map from the key's bow. After Nick imprinted the thing on paper, it was clear it showed a map of some sort. Besides, it's becoming apparent that in times of stress, Grimm's seem to have an "inner Grimm" which allows them to stand toe to toe with a witch of the woods, a big bad wolf, or other Wesen.

And, I agree that having Auntie around to guide Nick would have been nice but that would mean getting rid of Juliette, wouldn't it? I think, she's needed to keep Nick grounded among the non-Grimm humans.

Because, I could see a story line next year where Adalind or the Fire Dancer sets her sights on Nick and tries to break things up between him and Juliette and Nick becomes more of a Grimm instead of a cop crossing the line between his duties as a cop and Grimm. And, eventually, I'd like to see Nick meeting up with a fellow Grimm who's more like the head chopping Grimm that terrified Monroe and the other Wesen.

Whilst I can agree with the ideas for next season, I thought we perhaps saw the start of the later in last nights show. Though of course for the opposite team than most other Grimm's. I actually enjoyed last night's episode, though less drama and a little monsterish of the week, it's now furthered the story some what, though to whom the Captain is linked with I don't know, and from what we learnt he would have normally have identified himself to Nick. Which asks many questions the biggest being why not.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lots more arc stuff this week...

The Verrat

High Command

The Resistance

The Royal houses

Interesting with the Captain... he's of a Royal House, but doesn't consider himself bound to the Verrat. What's his game, what does he want with Nick?

Oh, and the Grimms actually work with the Verrat back in Europe... No wonder the Wessen fear them so much. Bad enough that Grimms hunt them anyway, but for Grimms to be in league with the Verrat must make it even worse.
  • breppobreppo Posts: 2,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm curious about the Verrat (Betrayal). Who did they betray to be called that? And why are the European Grimms in league with them?
    I hope we get an answer to that. And please, none of that Illuminati c.s. kind of hokum.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    breppo wrote: »
    I'm curious about the Verrat (Betrayal). Who did they betray to be called that? And why are the European Grimms in league with them?
    I hope we get an answer to that. And please, none of that Illuminati c.s. kind of hokum.

Maybe the Verrat betrayed the other Wesen by becomining allies with the Grimms--- they would aid each other in hunting the Wesen down. The Verrat to maintain the purity of the Wesen; the Grimms because the Wesen were monsters.
  • breppobreppo Posts: 2,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MikeAP001 wrote: »
    Maybe the Verrat betrayed the other Wesen by becomining allies with the Grimms--- they would aid each other in hunting the Wesen down. The Verrat to maintain the purity of the Wesen; the Grimms because the Wesen were monsters.

Yes, that makes sense. A common goal.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    This has grown on me, still love Monoe the most, wish Nick would tell Juliette about the damn Grimm stuff.

Like the bigger arc and enjoying the fact Nick is becoming less cop, more Grimm....slowly!
  • TribecTribec Posts: 9,310
    Forum Member
    This has grown on me, still love Monoe the most, wish Nick would tell Juliette about the damn Grimm stuff.

Like the bigger arc and enjoying the fact Nick is becoming less cop, more Grimm....slowly!

I actually liked the fact that Juilet still is in the dark. The diner table scene was excellent. Though done a thousand times before on other shows, this was sort of just perfect for this show.

As for the main story, it does seem that Nick is becoming increasingly more noticed around the world, and will be bringing more and more danger upon himself by his actions.
  • ShadoutShadout Posts: 1,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The fight scene with the two reapers was very slayer-esque, when you saw what his aunt could do, it was only a matter of time until Nick started flinging some of the same moves.
  • Mart_UKMart_UK Posts: 2,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very impressed with the recent episode, the Reapers stuff was interesting. I'm glad the show is moving at a faster speed now, much more exciting.
    Oh and Rosalee's a great addition to the cast, glad we'll be seeing more of her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mart_UK wrote: »
    Very impressed with the recent episode, the Reapers stuff was interesting. I'm glad the show is moving at a faster speed now, much more exciting.
    Oh and Rosalee's a great addition to the cast, glad we'll be seeing more of her.

Same here. But, I'm expecting either late this season or sometime next to see Nick meet a more Grimm-like Grimm. The sort that terrify all the Wesen. I could see Grimm(er) visiting to remind Nick what it means to be a Grimm and terrifying Nick's Wesen friends.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Season 2 will air on NBC in early August :):)

Reported on Deadline yesterday
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2 episodes left. :(
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2 episodes left. :(

It will soon be August. :cool: