World Wrestling Entertainment II - No spoilers please (merged)

Comments

• KIIS102KIIS102 Posts: 8,538
    Forum Member
    Ah WWE Coventry SkyDome earlier today at Noon was quite good. After telling us 'doors open at 10:30' i dont think they did till like 11:10am anyways when it hit 12pm we had a loud voice throughout the arena just saying videocameras are not allowed etc.

Anyways for me and the other 3 ppl who went to the show it was our first WWE Live experience so was looking forward to it. When it acutally started Eric Bishoff came out and said some stuff about Eddie.G and everyone chanted Eddie so that was great.

Then matches started but i was expecting some announcers or something but just had the sound of the wrestlers hitting the mat which just sounded rubbish and was really quite throughout the show for this reason i guess.

Well just before Bishoff came out 'HAWT' Lilian Garcia came out and got a huge reception from everyone "drools"

Yeah so it picked up when Shelton Benjiman (think i spelt it right) came out when his theme hit people went nuts !!

The most crapest match was Val/Viscera vs Cade & Murdoch. It was really quite didnt pick up the crowd at all was very quite and seemed to be quite long.

Anyways so we had Flair vs Chris Masters which brought in a huge uproar from the crowd when Flair came into the arena Wooooo. This was a good match.

Although on wwe.com it said it would be Flair vs HHH so me and my friends were like 'wtf is going on wheres HHH'.

So anyways after Flairs match HHH's music hit and the roof exploded, Everyone was clapping and shouting HHH sure brought it to Coventry. And he was facing Shawn Michealas who got alot of cheers to but not as much as HHH but it was a great match. Everyone loved the match so that was worth the £35 i paid :D

Then the main event of the 'afternoon' was Kurt Angle vs John Cena. After some cool intro light effects for Kurt Angeles entrance the roof exploded again when Cena came out it was amazing i have never seen such a entrance lol. The match was great to when Cena hit the FU everyone just rushed to the front.

Excellent day out !! Although it lasted 2hours so i would of thought it could of lasted another 30mins but not all the wrestlers were there due to the 'Eddie' situation. I think everyone was expecting to See Trish but she didnt come.

Anyways HHH properbly got the biggest ovation then Shelton, then Flair then Shawn Micheals. They were selling shirts/key rings too what a expensive ripoff though. £20 for a shirt and £8 for a key ring !! Ah well when the show finished my butt was so numb lol.

Anyways got outside and was just so electrafied by then cause of the HHH and Cena matches. Got outside was walking up to meet up with my friends mum to give us a lift home. And we saw a White limo go past which we saw like 5mins before going to the Skydome arena so when it came past us again we knew it must of been Cena/Angle in the limo cause who else would take a limo just a few mins after the event ? They had to escape the fans. We waved erm on but they didnt stop or open the window so we dont know if it was them but good chance it was lol.

Was great though, quite at times but was only about 4/5,000 ppl there so its properbly to be expected. My and my friend might be going to the next one in a few months in Bham now :D.

KIIS102
  • Psycho_NedPsycho_Ned Posts: 17,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was at the Cov show too!

First WWE event for me and had a really good time, its brilliant seeing the guys we watch on TV each week and talk about on here in the flesh.

The arena was only 3/4 full which was probably cos of the date change this did make the audience a tad flat at times as the arenas only 3-4000 anyway.

Best match HHH V HBK (I was lol at HHH when he just stood there dazed for what seemed like 10 mins!)

Interesting to note in the main event Angle had Divari as his manager dunno if this will be a permanent thing or not.

Biggest pop was HHH as you said followed by HBK and Naitch.

Biggest heat was Bishoff imo until people realised what he had come out for (10 bells was impeccably respected)

Heres a few piccys I took (the movies dont work cos they are quicktime)

Coventry Raw
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blimey thats a small place!! good pics tho:)
  • Psycho_NedPsycho_Ned Posts: 17,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know! when wwe said they were coming there I couldnt understand it especially as they did Birmingham the night before which is about 30 mins away from Cov.

Plus they went to all the hassle of moving the show rather than postponing it which they did with the much bigger Nottingham arena show which meant they ended up doing 2 shows in a day yesterday, one in Cov and one in Dublin!
  • KIIS102KIIS102 Posts: 8,538
    Forum Member
    Psycho_Ned wrote:
    I was at the Cov show too!

First WWE event for me and had a really good time, its brilliant seeing the guys we watch on TV each week and talk about on here in the flesh.

The arena was only 3/4 full which was probably cos of the date change this did make the audience a tad flat at times as the arenas only 3-4000 anyway.

Best match HHH V HBK (I was lol at HHH when he just stood there dazed for what seemed like 10 mins!)

Interesting to note in the main event Angle had Divari as his manager dunno if this will be a permanent thing or not.

Biggest pop was HHH as you said followed by HBK and Naitch.

Biggest heat was Bishoff imo until people realised what he had come out for (10 bells was impeccably respected)

Heres a few piccys I took (the movies dont work cos they are quicktime)

Coventry Raw

Was a good day init :) oh thanks for the pics btw, i took some with my mobile but were pretty rubbish :(. I think we sat pretty close i was prolly about 2 block to the right of you :).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 59
    Forum Member
    *Is off to Raw + Smackdown in Sheffield tomorrow n Tuesday and can't wait!* :D
  • Dax 21Dax 21 Posts: 1,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • pxd867pxd867 Posts: 11,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MagicBert wrote:
    *Is off to Raw + Smackdown in Sheffield tomorrow n Tuesday and can't wait!* :D

It should be great!!

I'm pretty near the front. Does anyone know which side the cameras shoot from at the Sheffield arena?
    Forum Member
    pxd867 wrote:
    It should be great!!

I'm pretty near the front. Does anyone know which side the cameras shoot from at the Sheffield arena?

Hm. Not sure :s

What block are you in? These are the first TV Tapings of any kind here in YEARS! I really can't wait!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Block 119 Row E

Pretty good seats. Just hope they're on TV!

What block are you in?
    Forum Member
    pxd867 wrote:
    Block 119 Row E

Pretty good seats. Just hope they're on TV!

What block are you in?

108! Disabled seats. Which means i'll have leg room AND a good view :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MagicBert wrote:
    108! Disabled seats. Which means i'll have leg room AND a good view :D

they're meant to be some of the best seats as they're tiered and above the ring.
    Forum Member
    Yeh they are, i've used them before :) Took me 3 and a half hours to get through on the phone though, I was lucky!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    isn't smackdown making an appearance on raw too?
    Forum Member
    Aye. Both talent rosters are going to be at both shows! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    not bad then. get to see both brands for the price of one!
    Forum Member
    Thought i'd pass along some notes from the Raw show here tonight. I'll save the Raw results in detail because I can't remember the order or everything that happened...and i'm sure someone else will send them in too.

In all the years ive been going to WWE shows live, i've never been to a show like this.

Vince McMahon was first out, thanking us for all the support since Eddie died. He then wished us a good show.

Some local guys got tryouts on Heat. Can't remember their names, but they faced Nick Nemeth (Who really does need some work), Carlito (Who was MEGA over and got LOTS of chants) and Snitsky + Tomko. Heat's main event saw Viscera defeat Lance Cade.

The only bad side to RAW was during the ad-breaks, there wasn't a lot of activity in the arena, which was annoying a fair few people.

It was nice to see Joey Styles!

Lots of WHOOOOOOOO's and Eddie chants throughout the evening.

The most interesting thing to me, was the absolutely HUGE heat on John Cena. LOADS of Cena Sucks chants were heard all night, although the crowd softened to him with his hillarious backstage promo and when he finally came out too. But us brits really gave him hell!

The best bit of the whole show was after the show went off the air, and Batista came back out, got an Eddie TShirt and posed. The place then erupted when they played Eddie's theme, and it was a REALLY strong thing to see live, and very very classy I thought.

All in all, it was one hell of a show, and I hope Smackdown tomorrow is just as good. Will pass on some more notes on that too.
  • RodaramaRodarama Posts: 2,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw Raw at Brum NIA on Friday last. The ten bell salute to Eddie G was very touching. Great show, especially loved the audience chanting 'you screwed Brett!' at Shawn Michaels, made my evening that!
  • MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    I jsut read this about Eugene but I dont know if has already been posted:

"Last week in Manchester, England, Nick “Eugene” Dinsmore was immediately rushed to a nearby hospital after he was found passed out in a hotel lobby.

After regaining consciousness, Dinsmore admitting to taking Somas and other prescription medication. As a result of the incident, he was sent home from the WWE International tour and suspended indefinitely.

Since returning home, Dinsmore has agreed to seek professional help. He flew to an undisclosed location, where he will spend the next two weeks being evaluated at a drug rehabilitation facility."
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh my God!!!! What a show!

It was my first live event and it rocked! What a blast!!!!

The John Cena sucks rants were funny! Didn't expect that! Especially when Cena asked the crowd if angle sucks and he got booed! LOL! He was shocked!

Overall, it was a great night, Great to see the Eddie tribute at the start with Vince and the end with Batista.

One thing, Lilian announced the tour dates for next year. Its in London! I didn't get the date when the tickets go on sale. Is it this saturday or some other day?
    Forum Member
    Oh my God!!!! What a show!

One thing, Lilian announced the tour dates for next year. Its in London! I didn't get the date when the tickets go on sale. Is it this saturday or some other day?

She definitely said THIS Saturday, yes :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MagicBert wrote:
    She definitely said THIS Saturday, yes :)

its just that i cant find no info on the net.

tried wwe.com too
    Forum Member
    They'll probably announce the dates n everything during RAW when it's replayed and edited :)

I've got a REALLY sore throat today, and a stinkin' cold, but i'm still off to Smackdown tonight :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i'l be watching that later today. my throat hurts sooo much.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 170
    Forum Member
    Stop moaning about your throat, you should feel yourself lucky that your going. I'm gutted enough about not going but then I learn that the TV tapings in April are going to be in London. This is even worse as i live in the north
This discussion has been closed.