Unwanted Ipad apps

Hi
I recentely bought an "ipad mini" great little machine,as usual i downloaded certain apps just to see how easy it was to do,fine so far and you get 5gb of icloud use as well.
Now i find i want uninstall a couple of apps from my ipad as well as remove them perminatly from my icloud use,now that doesn't appear so easy.I know how to remove apps from my apad.
Can anybody tell me how to remove apps from the
cloud. many thanks Pete G :)

Comments

• RoushRoush Posts: 4,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The apps themselves aren't saved to iCloud. App data such as preferences and account information are backed up to iCloud if you have turned this on. Apps can also store documents and other data on iCloud if you have enabled this.

See here for more information about managing iCloud storage and backup: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4847
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To clarify:

When you use iCloud backup, it stores app data for the apps that you have installed. It doesn't store the actual apps. If you use an iCloud backup to restore your iPad, apps are re-downloaded from the App Store and the app data is restored from iCloud. If you delete an app from your iPad, I think the next time you back up your iPad using iCloud, the app data relating to the deleted app will be removed.

You may be referring to the Purchased section in the Updates tab of the App Store. This just contains a list of the apps you've previously downloaded using that Apple ID, so that you can download them again easily if you need/want to. This doesn't form part of your personal iCloud storage.

Sorry if this isn't very clear. I tried to explain it though!
  • BKMBKM Posts: 6,912
    Forum Member
    You may be referring to the Purchased section in the Updates tab of the App Store. This just contains a list of the apps you've previously downloaded using that Apple ID, so that you can download them again easily if you want
    Note that it is NOT possible to "unbuy or return" a purchased App in the App Store - even it it WAS free!

After some research I found that is is possible to "hide" unwanted Apps in the Store - which does what I wanted!
  • zapodzapod Posts: 661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have quite a number of apps I've stopped using and got fed up with, paid for and free. They reside on the synced backup on my Mac - I'm guessing iTunes PC does the same thing.

If the app is unchecked for syncing, it won't appear on the iPad. Because I have two iPads, I can choose which apps appear on which iPad (or both if I want).
    Forum Member
    zapod wrote: »
    I have quite a number of apps I've stopped using and got fed up with, paid for and free. They reside on the synced backup on my Mac - I'm guessing iTunes PC does the same thing.

If the app is unchecked for syncing, it won't appear on the iPad. Because I have two iPads, I can choose which apps appear on which iPad (or both if I want).
    Yes -exactly the same thing happens on a PC. For Apps that I will never use again I delete these from the synched backup and "hide" them in the iTunes "purchased" list. This makes them invisible but they could still be "unhidden" and reloaded from the Store at any future time!
    Forum Member
    Duplicate
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    I like to thank BKM,ZAPOD,ISLANDNILES & ROUSH for the reply's to my query regarding " unwanted apps".
    I now understand the the back up system a lot better many thanks again.
    Pete G :D