Have you ever found a consistant takeaway?

Comments

• gasheadgashead Posts: 13,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Certainly. There's a building near me that's been a take-away for about ten years. Can't stand it myself, though.
  • TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,396
    Forum Member
    Have you ever found a consistent takeaway?

Yes, and my local Chinese takeaway is consistently very good and their takeaways are tasty.
  • xorosetylerxoxorosetylerxo Posts: 6,674
    Forum Member
    My local Chinese is good all the time
  • macsmurraymacsmurray Posts: 2,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found a very rare gem where I used to live. A 3 in 1 take away that did all three of its choices to an excellent standard. Excellent pizzas, curries and kebabs in one shop. A rare find indeed.
  • cahcah Posts: 24,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never have Take-aways ,don't like Chinese and am not fond of Pizza either ,and would rather have Home made Chips than Chippy
  • Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    Chinese and Indian yes. The pizza places can be great one week and rubbish the next which Is why I tend to stick to Dominos.

Well, quite. Domino's is consistently rubbish so at least it takes away the uncertainty.:p
  • roland ratroland rat Posts: 13,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,564
    Forum Member
    Well, quite. Domino's is consistently rubbish so at least it takes away the uncertainty.:p

Amusing.
  • TrebleKingTrebleKing Posts: 2,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My local Chinese is superb. Their beef curries are quite spicy and hot, not unlike an Indian curry. I'm told that's what Thai food is like (a somewhat mixture of Chinese and Indian flavouring) although I've never tried any.
  • Sifter22Sifter22 Posts: 12,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sigh, the curse has hit me! The one I've been using has been getting more slack. The food is good quality but it takes over an hour to come and is almost cold. Time to look for a new one I think.
  • EspressoEspresso Posts: 18,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The chippy at the end of my road is always fantastic. I don't like Chinese take-aways but the same family has had our local one for something like 20 years, so I presume they're doing something right. :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,405
    Forum Member
    Well there is an Indian takeaway in on of my local towns that i've never had a bad curry from but I think i've only been there about 3 times.

There is another Indian restaurant that always does excellent food when you go there for a sit down meal but their takeaways, especially the delivered ones, are a bit hit and miss.
  • phantom sneezephantom sneeze Posts: 1,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had a particular awful takeaway the other night, one of them £14,50 jobs with 15inch pizza, garlic bread, chips and large bottle of coke, It was terrible and soggy. I'd rather go to dominois and pay a little more then that crap again.
  • KaylanKaylan Posts: 1,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used the same chinese for 19 years.

I did try many different ones over the years.

I moved home 4 months ago and realise how much I have been spoilt.

I now have 3 local and all are crap!
  • jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We decided to try a different Chinese out if the blue this time last year and it's still brilliant.

Admittedly last night we changed the order slightly and got a curry on top of our usual which was poor but we'll just leave that out next time.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I had a particular awful takeaway the other night, one of them £14,50 jobs with 15inch pizza, garlic bread, chips and large bottle of coke, It was terrible and soggy. I'd rather go to dominois and pay a little more then that crap again.
    Jeezuz that's expensive. A meal deal for that price around here would get you twice the amount of food.
  • swehsweh Posts: 13,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have consistent places for different cuisines.

Pizza - There's this place which makes a chicken tandoori, mushroom and fresh green chill pizza. SO FRIGGIN GOOD IT'S UNREAL.

Chicken - The Peri Peri place does extra extra extra hot chicken with the skinny fries - not those chunky, soggy chips things.

Chinese - This one has the best chicken and sweetcorn soup ever. Also, they do spicy lemon chicken, spicy lobster and broccoli in garlic sauce! :D

I'm set. I love food. <3
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My Local. Eat me. Kebab.

Loverrly.

hot hot spicy pffffffffff pffffffff.
  • GnugnuGnugnu Posts: 722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes. Singapore Garden in Chiswick, London. SUPERB Chinese take away. I miss.

I wish they delivered to Poland.
  • AdamDowdsAdamDowds Posts: 2,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I lived in Hove we had a few very good takeaways we used to go to regularly. One kebab, one fish and chips and the other a burger place

Now in Brentford there's one place I always trust but I seem to be the only person, Chicken Spot. The name rings alarm bells throughout student's heads in our halls :D
  • Sifter22Sifter22 Posts: 12,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sweh wrote: »
    I have consistent places for different cuisines.

Pizza - There's this place which makes a chicken tandoori, mushroom and fresh green chill pizza. SO FRIGGIN GOOD IT'S UNREAL.

Chicken - The Peri Peri place does extra extra extra hot chicken with the skinny fries - not those chunky, soggy chips things.

Chinese - This one has the best chicken and sweetcorn soup ever. Also, they do spicy lemon chicken, spicy lobster and broccoli in garlic sauce! :D

I'm set. I love food. <3

Yeah I'm like that but the ones here go out of business and change names and owners quite often.
  • Lewi26Lewi26 Posts: 11,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I found the best take away in my town and it had been great for years but the last few times I've rung for chicken they had ran out and the last time I got something from their it was awful. I probably won't go again which is a shame as the food and service used to be the best around
  • ChickenWingsChickenWings Posts: 2,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No... I don't think there's much in this world that is consistent though so I don't worry about it too much.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My local Indian has been great for well over a decade .
    I always tip the driver at least 2 pounds so he comes to me first :D
  • MesostimMesostim Posts: 52,864
    Forum Member
    Shanghai Pizza in Mildenhall... it's Chinese... and it's pizza!!!! And consistently gooooooorgeous!!!