Her majesty queen Christmas message broadcast

tvsatweektvsatweek Posts: 863
Forum Member
✭✭
Please can people list all the channels that this programme will be on at for , day , date , time , channel , thanks

Comments

• mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 145,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here's the link to Radio Times: http://www.radiotimes.com/programme/kbrwc/the-queen

Apparently 3pm (BBC1, ITV), 4pm (ITV+1), 5pm (BBC2) ;-)
  • marianna01marianna01 Posts: 2,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Usually 3pm on BBC1. I haven't heard of any change for this year. Have you no access to a programme guide or phone app. or friend or ...... well the list is endless but 3pm on Thursday 25th December is usually a good time to tune in. Never watched it on any other channel!
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's being broadcast on ABC Australia at 0820 UK time on Christmas Day if anyone can find a bookie open then to place a bet on whether she's abdicating:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    It's being broadcast on ABC Australia at 0820 UK time on Christmas Day if anyone can find a bookie open then to place a bet on whether she's abdicating:D

That's a very odd time :confused::confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And followed by this year's Royal Variety Performance actually, it's part of their main evening news.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

How odd that it's not a worldwide 1500 GMT....OK, I know that would be 0200 on 26/12, but still
    Even Radio 4 now broadcasts the message at 3 pm. I'm sure it used to be in the morning
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mrbernay wrote: »
    How odd that it's not a worldwide 1500 GMT....OK, I know that would be 0200 on 26/12, but still
    Even Radio 4 now broadcasts the message at 3 pm. I'm sure it used to be in the morning

1500 GMT would be 2 am the following day in Sydney and even later in New Zealand and some other territories which would obviously be ridiculous, I assume they changed the arrangements over the years.
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    It's not something I've ever watched.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    1500 GMT would be 2 am the following day in Sydney and even later in New Zealand and some other territories which would obviously be ridiculous, I assume they changed the arrangements over the years.

I just presumed they broadcast in on 26/12 at 3 pm....
  • JustinThePubJustinThePub Posts: 3,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just presumed they broadcast in on 26/12 at 3 pm....

I would have expected it to be at 3pm local time on the 25th?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kmusgrave wrote: »
    I would have expected it to be at 3pm local time on the 25th?

At 3 pm local the ABC are showing Midsomer Murders !
  • grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not something I've ever watched.

Have to agree! Cannot stand the Queens way of delivering a speech - never sounds off the cuff, always read of a script. You would have thought that after 60 years of practice, she would at least be able to carry out a speech with a bit more gusto and feeling instead of the droll Andy Murray type boring talk.
  • Heston VestonHeston Veston Posts: 6,493
    Forum Member
    At 3 pm local the ABC are showing Midsomer Murders !

Well, at least Brenda has an alibi. But, no, wait! It's pre-recorded isn't it? Slap the bracelets on her, you're nicked, ma'am, you slaaaaaaaaaag!
  • hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone actually watch this still or just leave it on in background?
  • snafu65snafu65 Posts: 18,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Which is why that story was nonsense, other countries would hear it before the UK, plus the PM would make the announcement not the Queen.
  • CaxtonCaxton Posts: 28,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tvsatweek wrote: »
    Please can people list all the channels that this programme will be on at for , day , date , time , channel , thanks

Is that so you can avoid it:D
  • Jason CJason C Posts: 31,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Disappointing that C4 don't seem to be broadcasting their Alternative Christmas Message this year.
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jason C wrote: »
    Disappointing that C4 don't seem to be broadcasting their Alternative Christmas Message this year.

Has Channel 4 grown up at last?
  • Chris MarkChris Mark Posts: 4,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lundavra wrote: »
    Has Channel 4 grown up at last?

What makes the Queen's speech mature?
  • SoundboxSoundbox Posts: 6,243
    Forum Member
    If Channel 4 were to make a live broadcast during the time of the speech of a nest of playing kittens - all full of fluff and fun, mewing and cute, how many would watch that in preference?
  • snafu65snafu65 Posts: 18,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jason C wrote: »

Strangely it is down in the Radio Times, Christmas Day 1.50pm, and in the UK Christmas TV guide, but it's not in the SKY TV guide. :confused:

www.ukchristmastv.weebly.com/channel-4-2014.html
  • SpotSpot Posts: 25,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes the radio broadcast used to be in the morning, and copies were distributed in advance to all radio stations around the country to be played out locally at the appointed time. I worked at one such station and more than once heard the speech two or three days early. It was, of-course, strictly embargoed and eventually (perhaps inevitably) someone leaked the contents to the papers. After that, stations did not get their own copy any more but had to broadcast the speech as it was played out from a central location, and I might be wrong but I think it was probably then that the tradition of having the radio broadcast in the morning was also stopped.
  • SpotSpot Posts: 25,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tvsatweek wrote: »

As well as the 3 p.m. broadcast, Sky News show it again at 4.30, 5.30, 6.30 and 7.30 - it's on the EPG.
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Caxton wrote: »
    Is that so you can avoid it:D

........ :D

I bet the OP is not the only one.
  • Heston VestonHeston Veston Posts: 6,493
    Forum Member
    ........ :D

I bet the OP is not the only one.

I won't be watching. Maybe if she broadcast it pissed up, crown askew, holding a bottle of gin, "Ha ha Charles, faaack orff, one's not for quitting, y'jug-eared ****. Comeon let's have a sing-song, God save me, long live me..."