Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met

Comments

• Serenity79Serenity79 Posts: 1,981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I met Ianto, Rys & PC Andy at a torchwood thing a couple of weeks ago, thet were slightly drunk, and they were very "In-joke" with each other, not really talking to us much, and they said James Marsters was a tosser - straight up! I was mortified! Kai Owen then whispered to me "James is alrigh really" then Gareth said, no, he is just a wa@k@r! :(

Really? I've met both Gareth and James, on separate occasions. James was a few years ago now, pre-Torchwood, but he was absolutely adorable. Gareth was just recently and he was really nice and loads of fun, AND he talked quite a lot about James (he'd just done something with him the previous day) and had nothing but nice things to say about him and seemed very genuine in that. :confused:
  • waz101waz101 Posts: 1,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just thought i'd add Sandra Gough who played 'Irma Ogden' in Corrie and 'Nellie Dingle' in Emmerdale - I've met her loads of times and she's an absolute cow (and a drunk). I walk out of pubs if I spot her these days.

Caroline Aherne (Mrs Merton, Royal Family) is really nice and good fun.
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of the most unpleasant people I've ever met - arrogant, rude and just nasty, is Ben Bradshaw MP the so-called Culture Minister.I gather he was caught out in a big way on Question Time when (apparently) he'd never heard of Roman Polanski and his little troubles.
  • hr100hr100 Posts: 374
    Forum Member
    I had dinner with Lionel Ritchie (long story!) and he was lovely, there was 6 of us there, including his manager and assistant and 2 of my friends and we had a great time.

Although he does live in a complete bubble and name dropped all evening but you dont mind when hes telling you about Diana Ross etc :)
  • angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hr100 wrote: »
    I had dinner with Lionel Ritchie (long story!) and he was lovely, there was 6 of us there, including his manager and assistant and 2 of my friends and we had a great time.

Although he does live in a complete bubble and name dropped all evening but you dont mind when hes telling you about Diana Ross etc :)

Please tell us the long story!!!! Sounds great!
  • hr100hr100 Posts: 374
    Forum Member
    Please tell us the long story!!!! Sounds great!

LOL ok :)

My best friend went to see Lionel with another friend when he was touring locally. During the concert Lionel Manager came up to my friend and started chatting to her, he invited my 2 friends to go backstage at the end and say hi to Lionel which of course they thought was a great idea. When they got backstage they met Lionel briefly and then proceeded to wait ages. My friend decided she couldnt be bothered to wait any longer so went to leave, his manager I think was in shock as well no one doesnt want to wait. He got her number and said he would call the next day.

Fast forward to the next day and he did call, and we were invited for dinner with him Lionel and another guy. It was at a top local restaurant and the whole experience was amazing as Lionel was lovely, and was happy for us to ask him loads of questions and was laughing that we were like reporters we were asking so many but he really didnt mind.

We also a few days later went to see him play, we have front row in the centre tickets, utterly amazing and he came and waved and said hi to us. We also got some more front row tickets a few months later when they came back to the city.

And that was it, he returned here recently but we chose not to go, my friend doesnt have the managers number anymore and didnt want to look like hangers on and well it could never be as special.

PS my family got bored of me telling the story lol
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You might not count these as celebrities, but they have been on the telly at one time!

I was at a charity night the other night which had assembled as many as possible of the cast of Grange Hill over the 30 years of it's run. I'm actually a bit shy and didn't really approach many, but did speak to a few. All were nice, but I'd have to single out Margo Selby, who played Julie Corrigan back in the early 90s (some of you might remember her); she was very kind and friendly and took the trouble to introduce me to another member of the cast when she realised I was a bit reluctant to approach her myself.
  • parthyparthy Posts: 5,408
    Forum Member
    waz101 wrote: »

Caroline Aherne (Mrs Merton, Royal Family) is really nice and good fun.

Glad to hear that about Caroline, she's great!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've not met many celebs, but........

Nicest: Robbie Coltrane. I met him in a service station browsing CDs (as was I) and we spoke about different kinds of music and commented on what was on offer at that place for about 15 minutes. He must've bought about 10 CDs that day.

Worst: Jessie Wallace. Total cow. I had the misfortune of meeting her at Heathrow (as did countless others) and she expected everyone to move so she could jump the check-in queue. When they didn't, she developed a "do you know who I am?!" attitude and started pissing people off left, right and centre. Mind you, comments from other passengers like "That's that fat cow from EastEnders, right?" didn't help matters any! :p:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    We were lucky to go to the BAFTAs for a couple of years and used to get to go to the after show party so met quite a few.

Nicest

Ross Kemp - really chatty and friendly, spent ages talking to him and gave me a kiss when he left. Really nice guy.
    Gordon Ramsay - again really friendly and chatty and polite. Remembered me when he saw me the following year too.
    All the cast of Life on Mars were very friendly and happy to talk.
    Anthony Head - lovely, charming guy
    Piers Morgan - lovey and friendly
    Jenny Falconer (GMTV), extremely friendly and happy to chat
    James Nesbitt, very nice and also very drunk!
    Craig Cash - very friendly and also very drunk
    Sue Johnston - lovely
    Connie Fisher - very friendly and humble. Spent a while chatting to her in the loos!
    Tess from Casualty - spent a while chatting to her in loos too! Very nice.
    Patrick Baladi, played David Brent's boss in The Office
    Claire Sweeney
    Nick and Margaret from the Apprentice
    Jeremy Clarkson
    Keith Allen - very chatty and friendly
    Colin McCredie (Stuart Fraser in Taggart) - absolutely charming and just as starstruck as I was!!

Not so friendly

Richard Hammond - met him a couple of times, don't know if he is shy but he was nothing like he is on TV and always seemed as if he couldn't wait to get away from you. Was polite and certainly wasn't rude, just wasn't that friendly.

Ant and Dec - again polite and not rude but just not that friendly.

Graham Norton - same again

Not Nice

Anthony Cotton - quite rude and abrupt!

[[/RIGHT]
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm pretty sure Gareth's band supported James Marsters, when he played a gig in Cardiff - so they definitely are mates!

Talking of James, did anyone else here ever see Ghosts of the Robot?
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Madge00 wrote: »
    We were lucky to go to the BAFTAs for a couple of years and used to get to go to the after show party so met quite a few.

Nicest

Ross Kemp - really chatty and friendly, spent ages talking to him and gave me a kiss when he left. Really nice guy.
    Gordon Ramsay - again really friendly and chatty and polite. Remembered me when he saw me the following year too.
    All the cast of Life on Mars were very friendly and happy to talk.
    Anthony Head - lovely, charming guy
    Piers Morgan - lovey and friendly
    Jenny Falconer (GMTV), extremely friendly and happy to chat
    James Nesbitt, very nice and also very drunk!
    Craig Cash - very friendly and also very drunk
    Sue Johnston - lovely
    Connie Fisher - very friendly and humble. Spent a while chatting to her in the loos!
    Tess from Casualty - spent a while chatting to her in loos too! Very nice.
    Patrick Baladi, played David Brent's boss in The Office
    Claire Sweeney
    Nick and Margaret from the Apprentice
    Jeremy Clarkson
    Keith Allen - very chatty and friendly
    Colin McCredie (Stuart Fraser in Taggart) - absolutely charming and just as starstruck as I was!!

Not so friendly

Richard Hammond - met him a couple of times, don't know if he is shy but he was nothing like he is on TV and always seemed as if he couldn't wait to get away from you. Was polite and certainly wasn't rude, just wasn't that friendly.

Ant and Dec - again polite and not rude but just not that friendly.

Graham Norton - same again

Not Nice

Anthony Cotton - quite rude and abrupt!

[[/RIGHT]

Well, that's surprised me. I would have thought that Jeremy Clarkson would have been an up himself arrogant prat. The way he writes his column, he seems that way. I also see that Anthony Cotton is being slagged off yet again. It seems like he really isn't well liked on this forum at all. He must be a complete idiot judging by the amount of negative comments there's been about him.
  • soilhoofsoilhoof Posts: 753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jerry Sadowitz - shock-sweary comedian - is shy and charming offstage and if you are talking to him about magic or music he is an encyclopaedia.
  • jaqjaq Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    Rick Wakeman - absolutely lovely. Funny, warm and very down to earth.
    Derren Brown - really nice, not at all what I expected.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    parthy wrote: »
    Glad to hear that about Caroline, she's great!

Me too - she's such a talented, funny lady :)
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A guy I work with used to be a part time chauffeur. He met Levi Stubbs from the Four Tops, and said he was a truly lovely man. He also met Robert Flack, who may have the voice of an angel, but apparently she was absolutely horrible
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jerry Sadowitz - shock-sweary comedian - is shy and charming offstage and if you are talking to him about magic or music he is an encyclopaedia

That man scares me!
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most on here won't have a clue who he is but my OH sat opposite Tony Cottee on the tube the other day and started chatting to him. Apparently, he was lovely. Just a really normal bloke who was happy to chat away about football for the entire journey.
  • saladcreamsaladcream Posts: 751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fizz from corrie - ignorant swine.

me and my husband were in a bar in manchester and it looked like she was having some kind of private party at ther back of the pub ( Mojo). Its quite cramped in there and as she walkked past us there was a chair in the middle of the walkway which my husband just reached out to move. He would have done this for anyone and didnt even realise who it was at the time.

The cheeky bint just walked straight past without even making eye contact or saying thank you.

RUDE. I could never do that
  • Platinum BobPlatinum Bob Posts: 88
    Forum Member
    Derren Brown is a real gent - met him many times and he'll happily chat, do autographs, have photos taken - nothing is too much trouble.
    Simon Amstell was friendly but surprisingly, seemed quite shy off-stage.
    Anthea Turner was very sweet - but her sister (they'd written a book together) was a real cow.
    Jeremy Clarkson is a nice guy, although he wasn't best pleased when I beat him at Scalextric...!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,433
    Forum Member
    James and Ola Jordan (SCD pro's) - Parents sometimes play golf with them. Both lovely, down to earth people. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jon McClure (Reverend and the Makers)- he gets a lot of stick for his political views but he is a really decent, down to earth man and extremely good to his fans. I went to his gig last night at the UEA, and after the gig instead of heading straight to the dressing room he headed straight outside to have a 30 minute acoustic singsong with the fans. After he went back in (I think security had a few issues with him being out there!) he came back out about 15 minutes later, signed autographs for everyone, chatted and posed for pictures. I love my picture with him...he's literally about a foot and a half taller than me and I have no idea how we were able to fit in the same frame! He's a really lovely man (he even waved to me from the window!) and its frustrating that people jump to conclusions about him being arrogant due to his outspoken comments...he's anything but arrogant.:)
  • chazneechaznee Posts: 389
    Forum Member
    It must be quite difficult for celebs to be nice all of the time, I should think.
    We all have off days, so maybe someone who seems a bit off one time could be absolutely lovely another time.
    (With the exception of Anthony Cotton, who seems to be rude all the time!!)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    .Mimi. wrote: »
    James and Ola Jordan (SCD pro's) - Parents sometimes play golf with them. Both lovely, down to earth people. :)

I'm dead chuffed about this, apparently they are both known for not being that nice on the show, but they are my faves
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 249
    Forum Member
    havent met victoria beckham, but a few years ago my son was on children in need collecting earrings to raise money for them.next day her mum rang me must admit i didnt know who it was at first, but she said that victoria had seen my son and had been so impressed she wanted to send him somthing. true to her word she sent a signed england jacket by david and signed t shirts and various other goodies.she was a really nice person this was about ten years ago when they lived in the uk .