Torchwood How will Rex become mortal again?

Sora2311Sora2311 Posts: 2,306
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I know I'm 3 years too late writing this thread but in MD one of the worst things in it was Rex becoming immortal because I couldn't stand him. Now I'm wondering if he will ever be seen again and how he will become mortal again. I know for sure he will never appear in Doctor Who so this could be another loose end never tied up

Comments

• Bruce WayneBruce Wayne Posts: 5,326
    Forum Member
    Sora2311 wrote: »
    I know I'm 3 years too late writing this thread but in MD one of the worst things in it was Rex becoming immortal because I couldn't stand him. Now I'm wondering if he will ever be seen again and how he will become mortal again. I know for sure he will never appear in Doctor Who so this could be another loose end never tied up

Torchwood is dead in my opinion. It will end up unresolved just as Firefly ended up unresolved. :cry::(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Until one day when Big Finish are allowed it. Oh I would give anything for that to happen
  • TheophileTheophile Posts: 2,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Human bodies produce blood (mostly to replace that which is lost). His body could replace his blood over time eventually reducing the amount of Jack's blood in his body to the point where he is no longer immortal.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jack Harkness, an immortal who is a Fixed Point in Time, passes on his universe-challenging powers by giving someone a blood transfusion in a shed.

I ran out out of mind-bleach.
  • Dr2PatDr2Pat Posts: 420
    Forum Member
    When The Face of Boe died in Gridlock, he said something to the Doctor like "I am the last of my kind".
    which implies that with Jack being Boe, that there was more than one immortal.
    So maybe Rex lived for billions of years just like Jack/Boe and died in a similar way to Boe, by giving up his life force, as that looked like the only way Jack/Boe could die.
  • Sora2311Sora2311 Posts: 2,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dr2Pat wrote: »
    When The Face of Boe died in Gridlock, he said something to the Doctor like "I am the last of my kind".
    So maybe Rex lived for billions of years just like Jack/Boe and died in a similar way to Boe, by giving up his life force, as that looked like the only way Jack/Boe could die.
    I think that meant he was the last pure human alive
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that meant he was the last pure human alive

What happened to the rest of him?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grisonaut wrote: »
    What happened to the rest of him?

The world got blown up by the sun in TEOTW. I only know no other real humans survived because Cassandra was bragging about being the last real human alive
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The world got blown up by the sun in TEOTW. I only know no other real humans survived because Cassandra was bragging about being the last real human alive

But then again Jack isn't from Earth.
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dr2Pat wrote: »

The Face of Boe (who IMO isn't Jack) had children*, presumably at least one parent (depending on how Boekind reproduce) and probably lots of other members of his species but for whatever reason he outlived the rest of Boekind by billions of years.

*As stated in The Long Game.
    Forum Member
    Jack had a Daughter, Alice, and a grandson, Steven in Children of Earth. But Steven wasn't immortal and Alice was older looking than Jack, so clearly the immortality isn't inherited by reproduction.
    Whatever Rose did with the time vortex to bring him back to life, it just affected Jacks Blood and it's his blood and the morphic field at the centre of the Earth that makes him immortal, as seen in Miracle Day.
  • PiippPiipp Posts: 2,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He won't. Torchwood is dead.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Piipp wrote: »
    He won't. Torchwood is dead.

Eve Myles or someone said that the show is not dead just taking a long break (Like Doctor Who from 1989 - 2005)
  • ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But then again Jack isn't from Earth.

He was from a human colony though.
  • PiippPiipp Posts: 2,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eve Myles or someone said that the show is not dead just taking a long break (Like Doctor Who from 1989 - 2005)

Unless Miracle Day is completely erased from the timeline and they produce something on par with COE then I'd rather it never came back.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She would say that.

I've also heard Barrowman say that RTD is taking a break due to family illness.

I've seen RTD in my GP practice at least 3 times, accompanying a man who looks very ill, so I believe that. I've never approached RTD btw, it just doesn't seem right.

Nevertheless, Torchwood MD buried the brand all on it's own.
    Forum Member
    Shrike wrote: »

The*Fourth Great and Bountiful Human Empire*which proved mankind could survive.;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The*Fourth Great and Bountiful Human Empire*which proved mankind could survive.;)

For a dude who discovered Dr Who late, you are a quick study ;)
    Forum Member
    She would say that.

I've seen RTD in my GP practice at least 3 times, accompanying a man who looks very ill, so I believe that. I've never approached RTD btw, it just doesn't seem right.

RTD'S PARTNER HAS BRAIN CANCER! Give hima break!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I didn't know the details.

And I am giving the guy a break; what makes you think I'm not? I already said I've seen RTD in person and left him in peace.
    Forum Member
    She would say that.

Sorry, got carried away.
    Forum Member
    Shrike wrote: »

I thought he was from the Boeshane Peninsula?
    Forum Member
    For a dude who discovered Dr Who late, you are a quick study ;)

Sorry, :o I didn't enter the Whoniverse until 1965 :o I'm sorry I've only seen every episode at least once since then. ;) :cool: :D
    Forum Member
    I didn't know the details.

And I am giving the guy a break; what makes you think I'm not? I already said I've seen RTD in person and left him in peace.

Apologies. Some things set me on edge. :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apologies. Some things set me on edge. :o

But he had time to do that utter sh*te that is Wizards vs Aliens.