The Alexandra Burke Appreciation Thread (Part 12)

Comments

• ShoedShoed Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    god save the queen trending world wide

SLAY!!!!!!
    Forum Member
    Alexandra Burke trending
    Forum Member
    Wretch 32 tweeted about it
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I need to see this performance....I love how she trends every time she appears on TV....all those fools on Twitter are just promoting her for free lmao....:p:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shoed wrote: »

SLAYxandra.....absolutely stunning. Makes me annoyed that Emeli Sandé was at the Olympic ceremonies 4 times yet we have voices like AB's pushed to the sidelines in the UK. This girl needs to MAKE IT internationally, her time needs to come. She needs to get the album right, because that voice is just amazing.
    Forum Member
    that hair >>>>>> is EVERYTHING

I cannot deal with it
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    SLAYxandra.....absolutely stunning. Makes me annoyed that Emeli Sandé was at the Olympic ceremonies 4 times yet we have voices like AB's pushed to the sidelines in the UK. This girl needs to MAKE IT internationally, her time needs to come. She needs to get the album right, because that voice is just amazing.

Exactly. That really annoyed me last year.

And I agree about her hair, it looked the best it has in a long time.
  • iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    She needed to sing that at the Olympics tbqh. Amazing. Her outfit looked beautiful. The hat obvz was taken off for it. I like those sort of gown esque jackets. She is souling the 3rd era up!
    Forum Member
    She makes me proud... she is pulling herself together!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She looked so polished and put together, the new hairstyle, the voice, the arrangement. She is not playing. A world away from that LIG NBA disaster last year...I really want her to have her international breakthrough, seeing that made me realise that it's criminal she isn't known internationally compared to other new UK acts...
    Forum Member

SAME! I love the classy looks. She's worth more than a $1m as they say, she should act that way! Why did it sound like her voice thinned and then flew back into power? Did she move the mic too far out?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The death threats are back again...:yawn:
    Michael Cassley ‏@MichaelCassley

@edwardbe Terrible. Alexandra, I say Alexandra Burke should be shot! No atmosphere so its been turned off in my house!
    Jessica Johnstone ☮ ‏@JessieJ_x

If I had a loaded gun with 1 bullet. I'd shoot Alexandra Burke #justsaying #wotabellend

:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    Lmao ignore the stupid comments ^ it was amazing, and she looked amazing.
    anyway who says otherwise are just bitter.
    Forum Member

True. She did nothing wrong. And my GOD. You could actually get them done for assault if it scared her properly and depressed her (law student here :D)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not really overly keen on her version of the national anthem, it should be a bit more understated in my eyes. But she sounded very nice on it.

Her look has come on leaps and bounds as well - thought the blue nails were very... eye catching.
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would ignore those comments, looks at the audience's reaction from the game, they cheered when she went for the bigger notes, I don't believe she is as hated by the general public as the way twitter makes it look.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I know people hate her but really, threatening her life over a performance...? :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    I know people hate her but really, threatening her life over a performance...? :rolleyes:

Yeah. A bit too much tbh. She just sang well lol.
    Why waste your energy. Not like you actually are GONNA do it. *TOUCH WOOD* :eek::o
    Forum Member
    Postbox wrote: »
    I'm not really overly keen on her version of the national anthem, it should be a bit more understated in my eyes. But she sounded very nice on it.

Her look has come on leaps and bounds as well - thought the blue nails were very... eye catching.

I suppose since she bombed, she's OTT proving she can sing, and like SANG sing. I get why.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iseloid wrote: »
    I suppose since she bombed, she's OTT proving she can sing, and like SANG sing. I get why.

The thing is, the album didn't make the top 10 and one single didn't do that well, fair enough, but Elephant was a top 3 hit and Tonight was a #1 mega-smash in Greece and popular across Europe, so it wasn't a total disaster like Tulisa or something.
    Forum Member
    The thing is, the album didn't make the top 10 and one single didn't do that well, fair enough, but Elephant was a top 3 hit and Tonight was a #1 mega-smash in Greece and popular across Europe, so it wasn't a total disaster like Tulisa or something.

For her sales will matter. It'd have killed her poor soul. She knows she has to prove her mettle :) I like it. I want anyone to hear her to hear THAT voice. Always. Whenever you heard Whitney she was sanging. Quietly or loudly. But always her best (till 2002).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just listening back to the other 3 versions of Perfect. Glad they went with the style of the final version tbh. She should work with Bruno again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iseloid wrote: »

I do get why but sometimes less is more - especially when she has such a gorgeous tone to her voice. But I think people would've hated regardless.

It's great that she can still pull in TV slots though, her management are doing a pretty good job all around. She's in the papers, looking good, sounding great and working with the right producers. Things are looking up!

Also I'm yet to comment on the Live and Let Die leak. Yay! The vocals on that are great, the production's a bit cheap and obviously not hugely geared to her voice but that makes sense since it was just for people to walk out too:D
    Forum Member
    Postbox wrote: »
    I do get why but sometimes less is more - especially when she has such a gorgeous tone to her voice. But I think people would've hated regardless.

It's great that she can still pull in TV slots though, her management are doing a pretty good job all around. She's in the papers, looking good, sounding great and working with the right producers. Things are looking up!

Also I'm yet to comment on the Live and Let Die leak. Yay! The vocals on that are great, the production's a bit cheap and obviously not hugely geared to her voice but that makes sense since it was just for people to walk out too:D

Yeah. But she normally does the less is more with belts. This was the exception :D Her management are doing good. But it's the XF/Graham Nortons which is where it's testing time. We'll see in 12 months. I really NEED her on XF 2013 final. She needs to duet.
This discussion has been closed.